New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS 2015/2016  (Read 208293 times)

Offline craigski1980

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS 2015/2016
« Reply #120 on: Jan 06, 2016, 08:33 PM »
I need ice before feb 6th and I need to be on it to get some of those onieda slob perch so that I can continue the tradition of fish fry for my little mans b-day. :)

Offline JumboJigger1176

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #121 on: Jan 06, 2016, 09:03 PM »
Can't wait to get out hit some walleyes...

Offline green thumb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #122 on: Jan 07, 2016, 05:24 PM »
Happy New Year Diehards !  Getting equipment ready and was wondering if anyone knows if Rick is preparing to open Apps for business this season. Meantime, here's a video that I ran into recently that made me chuckle. Hope you get a laugh too. Be smart, be safe and good luck out there.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #123 on: Jan 07, 2016, 06:25 PM »
Happy New Year Diehards !  Getting equipment ready and was wondering if anyone knows if Rick is preparing to open Apps for business this season. Meantime, here's a video that I ran into recently that made me chuckle. Hope you get a laugh too. Be smart, be safe and good luck out there.

App's has been open the past 2 nights when I drove by.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #124 on: Jan 07, 2016, 06:35 PM »

I bought a Snosuit" by frabill about 6 yrs ago, its rugged and warm, no complaints here, love it, it doesn't float, but its a great suit.

How do you know it doesn't float?   @)  How ya do'n Shane?  I'm ready for some Oneida ice.  Getting sick of the stuff up here already.

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #125 on: Jan 08, 2016, 04:39 AM »
Thanks for the input on the bibs fellas ordered a pair last night ended up getting the cabelas guide series extreme only cause they had 3xl tall and everything else was sold out or wrong size my fault for waiting so long but had to get thru Christmas and make sure the kids get everything that want first and after gift cards the bibs only cost me 14 bucks hope to try em out real soon

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #126 on: Jan 08, 2016, 06:55 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Just a brief note. I got one of them smart phones for Christmas and I am egregiously disappointed with it. In fact , I am thinking of a class action lawsuit against the company. After 2 weeks I ain't no damn smarter than when I started. Despite a lot of prompting from the grand kids I am still taking pictures of my foot and texting complete strangers.  Yup, you heard that right, Boggey is taking pictures and texting. Texting, almost sounds dirty don't it? Well anyway, I do have all your phone numbers in my pocket now and you can call me if you want to join my class action lawsuit.

:cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:

FISH ON
C'mon JBog...you can do it!! You got my number...send me a text!!
Wayne W.

Offline jimbo13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #127 on: Jan 08, 2016, 07:22 AM »
Yo Green thumb , that is an awesome video, I'm sitting here laughing out loud, looks like we'll have to start buying them shanties w/ a lock on the flaps
stay safe

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #128 on: Jan 08, 2016, 07:43 AM »
Yo Sully,

I hope you take another ride bud. It is a long drive up north to find safe ice. As long as we get it by the 30th I will be happy. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I know a couple guys that are going out there. there saying 4" of black ice with some thiner spots. the rain this weekend is going to eat it up.   Sully...

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #129 on: Jan 08, 2016, 09:09 AM »
just got back from checking out big bay. 4" of black ice, and about 30 guys out there !! looks like the big bay shuffle is on !!   Sully...

Offline green thumb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #130 on: Jan 08, 2016, 09:26 AM »
Thanks, Reeleyz ,  for the update. Going up there today to check on camp and will stop in Apps if open. Talked the wife into making a loop around the lake to see if any brave/foolish folks are  out there.  BE CAREFUL EVERYONE!  Lots of reports of folks using poor judgement in Minnesota and Wisconsin and they have been a lot colder than we have.   

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #131 on: Jan 08, 2016, 12:02 PM »
with the rain, and the high se winds comming in tonight, i'm afraid the west end is going to be toast.   Sully...

Offline Ice Dog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #132 on: Jan 08, 2016, 04:09 PM »
Drove by south shore- wide open waves.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #133 on: Jan 08, 2016, 05:58 PM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=323816.0

Guys and gals don't forget to check out the thread for the Team Perch Tourny. I understand if you are all intimidated by the success of Team First Place .....

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #134 on: Jan 08, 2016, 10:40 PM »
Yo Oby,

You got to start giving us some reports from the Pond.  You and I are out of our element here on the Diehards thread. I am looking forward to that promised trip to your crappie hole. Any ice on the Small pond?

Fish On
haven't seen the pond in about a month :/ I live in lacona now, I've heard it has some ice..... but I still have that premium access so we will get together in late February for crappies for sure!!!! BTW can't wait to fish the 2 man tourney on Oneida sad to see it leave the pond but it was for the best,  BTW crappie fishing this spring was crazy easily the best season in 15 years!!!

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #135 on: Jan 09, 2016, 05:31 AM »
Hey Sully take it your plow truck is getting some rest this year just like mine sure nothing like last season I even signed up for C trick this year so I could make the run up to the lake a bunch more this season

Offline Carcajou17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Fishin' Gal
« Reply #136 on: Jan 09, 2016, 09:22 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Just a brief note. I got one of them smart phones for Christmas and I am egregiously disappointed with it. In fact , I am thinking of a class action lawsuit against the company. After 2 weeks I ain't no damn smarter than when I started. Despite a lot of prompting from the grand kids I am still taking pictures of my foot and texting complete strangers.  Yup, you heard that right, Boggey is taking pictures and texting. Texting, almost sounds dirty don't it? Well anyway, I do have all your phone numbers in my pocket now and you can call me if you want to join my class action lawsuit.

:cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:

FISH ON

:woot: :laugh:
Looking forward to fishing with you soon, JBog.
Carcajou = Wolverine
Blessed and thanking God I can do this ice fishing thing...

Offline Carcajou17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Fishin' Gal
« Reply #137 on: Jan 09, 2016, 10:29 AM »
Yo Carcajou,

Glad you are registering again. Last year you were our first all women's team.  happy to have you back. I hope we get some more of you gals out this year. Also glad we got a chance to fish together in the off season. I know you gals have been scouting all the hot spots and are intent on getting on the leader board. Good Luck Teri and Paulene. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Go Ice Girls!  lol
Once the ice starts playing nice let me know if you want to do a weekday fishing trip.  I have vacation time that I'd be happy to burn for that.  :)
Carcajou = Wolverine
Blessed and thanking God I can do this ice fishing thing...

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #138 on: Jan 09, 2016, 10:46 AM »

hey boggy I walked out on to sandy pond yesterday, good 4 inches out there, surprised no one was fishing.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #139 on: Jan 09, 2016, 12:45 PM »
Hey Shane do you have anymore of that drennan flourocarbon leader I can not find it anywhere

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #140 on: Jan 09, 2016, 01:07 PM »
I was driving around and checked out Caughdenoy Dam ...think maybe I might be tossing some jigs over that way in the morning ......any one been down  by the lock park????  I'm not scared to fish open water..

Offline PerchEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "eyes" have it!
« Reply #141 on: Jan 09, 2016, 04:36 PM »
Hey Shane do you have anymore of that drennan flourocarbon leader I can not find it anywhere

Pricey stuff but my go-to steelhead tippet.

Pretty sure you can get All Season Sport shop in Pulaski for $16 or order online here:
http://www.fishusa.com/product/Drennan-Fluorocarbon-Leader-Material
The tug is the drug.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #142 on: Jan 10, 2016, 01:38 AM »

oh yeah, what size, i'll save it.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #143 on: Jan 10, 2016, 01:41 AM »
Yo Shane,

Trap called me and gave me the same report.  I'm flat on my back for a day or 2 , but will be sure to check it out during the week. That is the nice thing about being retired eh?

FISH ON
  I took a walk out with fred, we got into a bunch of perch, fished about an hour and a half, half dozen 7 1/2-9 inches was our biggest, bunch of smaller ones.... got the rust off.. ice was punky and some gas holes too weave around. wouldn't go there tomorrow.

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #144 on: Jan 10, 2016, 06:12 AM »
You replacing me buddy. I thought I was your go to. :(
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #145 on: Jan 10, 2016, 06:15 AM »
Thanks Shane been using the 6lb but would love to try anything lighter as light as you have that stuff is super strong thanks man

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #146 on: Jan 10, 2016, 07:45 AM »
unless some ice holds thru this wind and rain, with the wind forecast the next 5 days I don't see much ice making weather.....wind is supposed to howl this week >:(

Offline walleyemagic

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • () Eyes There out there somewhere()Team NY
« Reply #147 on: Jan 10, 2016, 07:48 AM »
I had to order it online. I refuse to give allseaaons any business as well as alot of my friends now that the new management has taken over past year.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #148 on: Jan 10, 2016, 12:55 PM »
unless some ice holds thru this wind and rain, with the wind forecast the next 5 days I don't see much ice making weather.....wind is supposed to howl this week >:(
Gotta watch that Guy Jim..... He is trying to steal my partner and so weaken Team First Place.....

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #149 on: Jan 10, 2016, 02:20 PM »
hate to say just dont see where in longterm weather that we are going to get the cold snap we need to get the whole lake safe and solid might be a year of the bays only freezing up

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.