Author Topic: Deschambault lake 2015-2016  (Read 11828 times)

Offline MDC

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Deschambault lake 2015-2016
« Reply #30 on: Feb 11, 2016, 03:06 PM »
Heading up tomorrow till Monday. Anything I need to know? How's the bite been? I've heard we might have to work pretty hard for our fish. Any info appreciated.

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 12, 2016, 08:49 AM »
i have no info but heading up there on thursday so please fill us in when you get back

Offline Lester123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 12, 2016, 10:41 PM »
Heading up to deschambault in a week. Just wondering if anyone has been on the trail to oskikibuck and how the ride was?

Offline colt25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 13, 2016, 09:59 PM »
Haven't been up yet myself but talked to a buddy who has been there all week.  He says close to a foot of fresh snow in the last few days. They only went as far as Merritt but said trail was great. We are heading up on Feb 25.

Offline MDC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 15, 2016, 01:21 PM »
Just got back from 3 days of fishing. There is definately a good amount of snow on the ice now. There's a trail plowed about half way to willow. From there is a packed trail to willow and beyond. We spent the first day at willow... It wasn't nearly as good as last year. This year we caught probably 12 fish between 7 of us on the first day. Last year we caught over 30. The second day we went to ballantyne and caught mostly pike. We kept 8 all in the 5-6lb range. Yesterday we went back and forth between ballantyne and willow. We caught 3 pike, 2 walleye and 3 ling. The bite was not great at all. I can't speak for everyone tho as I saw a couple of groups with 10 nice walleye laying on the ice. The weather wasn't to bad but by the end of the day if you ventured out past willow you were breaking a trail open to get back from the wind. Overall the weekend was fun as always but it's been the worst fishing experience I've ever had up there.

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 16, 2016, 10:16 AM »
Haven't been up yet myself but talked to a buddy who has been there all week.  He says close to a foot of fresh snow in the last few days. They only went as far as Merritt but said trail was great. We are heading up on Feb 25.
Do you know how they did on merrit?  it is very hit and miss there.

Offline rutherbefishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 20, 2016, 07:58 AM »
Just came back from 4 days up there. Road was stilll piowed to Willow but you could still get to Ballantyne with a good 4 x 4. Fishing was hit and miss, you just had to keep moving and trying new spots. Hopefully we get an early spring and get rid of some snow.

Offline Instro_Mental

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Mar 01, 2016, 07:15 PM »
any updates, I am possibly going up next weekend. 11-13th.

Ballantyne is closed now, so I would assume sticking to willow? does anyone fish williams island?
My drinking team has an ice fishing problem.

Instagram - INSTRO_MENTAL

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Mar 02, 2016, 09:26 AM »
you can still fish the ballantyne, you just have to stay outside of the boundry.  usually marked with pine tree's on the ice.  it has been hit and miss out there.  mostly misses as of lately.  last weekend i heard perch were biting but not the walleye.  weekend before, we fished ballantye 1 day and caught 1 of everything.  that was it.

Offline Instro_Mental

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Mar 09, 2016, 11:08 AM »
heading up this friday and staying at Bloomfields for the weekend, if you see a black nissan frontier with camo tailgate feel free to stop by.

:icefish:

Offline rutherbefishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Mar 10, 2016, 06:46 PM »
Do you know if you can still get out with a 4 x 4 or are you bringing up sleds.  Anyone who goes up in the next coup;e of days a snow report would be really appreciated.

Offline Instro_Mental

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Mar 10, 2016, 07:34 PM »
I've heard people are driving all over without any issues, but Prince Albert and the north got snow earlier this week and I know deschambault was under a snow warning, but if it was the same warning as PA, it was no more then 4"

reports I have heard from this past weekend (before snow) was you can drive anywhere... I think the service is spotty up there, but I will report back sunday night.

Offline Instro_Mental

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Mar 13, 2016, 09:32 PM »
fished willow and ballantyne this weekend, with not a whole lot of luck, 1 walleye at each spot. seemed like many other people around us were having better luck tho.. lots of burbots on the ice.

we ended up finding some old tracks and getting away from the crowds and fished a random spot and had better luck, 3 pike around 6lbs, 2 more walleye, 3 burbot and lost 3 more and a couple nice perch.

road was plowed to ballantyne, but lots of slush on the lake, and when we left today it was sunny and +8.

anywhere off the beaten path is tough going, the guy who plows the road pulled out 3 big fancy GMC/Chev trucks... I had to laugh as I cruised by in my little nissan  @)

and bloomfields - wow... as long as you're just looking for a place to lay your head for the night its okay, but i've seen nicer ice shacks then the cabin we stayed in. not even a key to lock the door when you go out for the day, they assured us they never have any issues but it was still very odd to me.

going back up in 2 weeks, hopefully the fishing is better.

Offline MDC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Mar 13, 2016, 11:16 PM »
Instro... you dont even know haha. We've been going up there for 3 years now on the Feb. long weekend. I wouldnt stay in those cabins during the summer at all... there are openings in the walls all over. Last year they lit the stove up for us while the propane was leaking through the burners. This year we took everything in, left for the day and we were assured thy would keep wood on the stove for us. We walked in and the stove pipe had fallen off... EVERYTHING was engulfed in smoke. My ski-pants still smell terrible and they've been washed. Its a good weekend for the guys.. i dont know if id invite your wife or girlfriend tho. Besides that.. the fish was awful this year. One thing tho... the food they make up at the bar is awesome! I'm not even joking... the bay burger is one of the best burgers ive ever had.

Offline Gotspooled?

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Mar 14, 2016, 07:39 AM »
I was up there two weeks ago and we did great just drove off to the side about 600 yards from willow and we caught 30 walleye a couple nice pike and a dozen perch! But all the walleye except two were skinny little males ! The females haven't started to head up lake yet next week maybe but it's gunna be slow too them females start heading toward Ballantyne

Offline rutherbefishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Mar 14, 2016, 02:00 PM »
Hey Instro did the CO's have the boundary for the ballantyne marked out?  Were the 4x4's able to get past the plowed road or was it hard going for even them. I see they are forecasting more snow up there this week.  Sorry to hear fishing sucked but going up in the next week or so and hoping it picks up. And yes if you've never been to Bloomfield's  before it's probably not what you were expecting. Just a warm (most of the time)  dry place to sleep.

Offline Instro_Mental

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Mar 14, 2016, 08:20 PM »
the tree's are up and the area is marked, plane flew over twice a day each day we were there checking to make sure people were staying outside. I really didn't think it was that protected, flying a plane over twice a day can't be cheap.

and if you can find old tracks you might be able to break new ground, but like I saw a lot of 4x4's stuck - obviously on stock tires but most people stayed close to the road. way more snow near ballantyne then at willow and williams island.

Offline rutherbefishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Mar 15, 2016, 05:04 PM »
Thanks for the info. Sounds like that area might be getting another good dumping of snow in the next couple of days. Any one going up this weekend , any info on snow conditions would be really appreciated.

Offline rutherbefishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Mar 22, 2016, 06:21 PM »
Thinking of going up this weekend. Anybody out there that has any info on snow conditions I would really appreciate it. I'm hoping Garry has the road plowed to Willow

Offline Instro_Mental

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Mar 22, 2016, 07:09 PM »
yeah I'm heading up thursday, would love an update if anyone has been up recently.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.