Author Topic: wood stove ideas  (Read 11421 times)

Offline Bout-Time

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: wood stove ideas
« Reply #30 on: Nov 01, 2015, 08:39 AM »
not all have to have fire bricks this one sold by northern tool does not have fore bricks.. most of the time your going to pay $2,000 to $5,000 for a model with fire bricks.. when there not needed proper shielding and proper placement is what is needed you put a stove to close to a wall it will burn it down for sure...you don't use the proper flue exiting threw the building you will burn  it down to just how it goes... most trailers only run about $5,000 who in there right mind would put a $5000 stove in a $5000 trailer?  most guys would not need that much heat in there trailer any ways or shacks so a little ammo can or even a air tank stove would work best could even check in to military wood /char coal heaters use in korea for the Korean war...  you may find one small enough threw a military supply shop to...       

here is the link to the non fire brick wood stove.. sold by northern tool

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_346054_346054

I have that exact Vogelzang stove in my house, and it heats my place pretty good with no bricks.

WAY too big for his 7x7 shack, something smaller would better for him. That Sheepherder from Cabelas looks like the best bet.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: Nov 03, 2015, 05:21 PM »
I would check out the Nu-way wood stove.  They have small lightweight wood stoves that are priced right and work well.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Nov 10, 2015, 05:12 PM »
I have that exact Vogelzang stove in my house, and it heats my place pretty good with no bricks.

WAY too big for his 7x7 shack, something smaller would better for him. That Sheepherder from Cabelas looks like the best bet.

Bing exactly what I am talking about...by the way seen a wood stove at wallmart.com but not sure if it's  to big or not? Just kind of glanced at it..

Offline Bout-Time

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Nov 10, 2015, 10:16 PM »
Wally World has woodstoves?

Hmmm gotta check into them I guess.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Bout-Time

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 11, 2016, 07:42 PM »
Plenty of heat.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline nicjohnsrud

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 12, 2016, 08:06 PM »
Made this guy from scraps at work. The body is 7x7 rectangular tube. Haven't used it indoors yet, I don't have a permy. Looking to build one this summer for next year. Has 1x1 rectangular tube for legs, 3" sch40 pipe for the exhaust outlet, with a damper in it, then 4" stove pipe for the chimney. I need to add a vent to the bottom of the door, and would like a new chimney material before it goes indoors. But it works great for small fires outside!

Offline Moonman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 14, 2016, 03:30 PM »
I really think you should look into an ammo can stove. I made a couple and they work awesome. For the size of your hut, a lot of stoves in this thread while great, are overkill, in my honest opinion. Now if someone gives you one, or you find one for free by all means grab it but you can make an ammo can stove in a few hours for peanuts. This is one of my threads from a couple years ago that shows both stoves, including the second one that is smaller and a better fit (and much lighter) for my folding hut.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=279097.0

here is a pic of mine in action on the ice:

You can cutomize as little or as much as you want, baffles, false bottoms etc etc. I made a little box for mine that doubles as a base and heat reflector, as well as carry case. It really is sweet.

Moonman.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.