Author Topic: Z 71 Eskamo won't turn  (Read 1266 times)

Offline King Ice

• IceShanty Rookie
Z 71 Eskamo won't turn
« on: Mar 25, 2015, 11:24 PM »
I have a z 71, 10in  Eskamo  and the bit won't turn any info on this problem would be great, only a month and half old too .. thanks

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
Re: Z 71 Eskamo won't turn
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2015, 07:09 AM »
Does the motor run properly? If not check that the flywheel has not come loose. If it does  run then the gearbox needs to be checked.
Mine had a cracked flywheel. Eskimo sent the parts free of charge even though the warranty had expired.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline King Ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2015, 08:39 AM »
Yeah it runs good just don't turn

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2015, 09:25 AM »
call their cs  they are second to none

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2015, 07:34 PM »
I bought 2 Z71s at Christmas, the first time I had them out they both would not work.  Took them back and went with the ION.  The guys at Cabela's said that lots of Eskimo's were coming back damaged or broke.  The Eskimo ones are very cheap now, nothing but plastic and poor craftsmanship.  Even thou ION is made by Ardisam, it appears to be put together well

Offline golf560

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2015, 11:50 PM »
you may check your Clutch Driver inside gear box; my jiffy 2500 had a broken spring problem cause same issue.
good luck!

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2015, 12:08 AM »
I bought 2 Z71s at Christmas, the first time I had them out they both would not work.  Took them back and went with the ION.  The guys at Cabela's said that lots of Eskimo's were coming back damaged or broke.  The Eskimo ones are very cheap now, nothing but plastic and poor craftsmanship.  Even thou ION is made by Ardisam, it appears to be put together well

my eskimo is 2 yrs old now, would not go with anything else.  mostly metal on mine, beside one or two areas.

An ion may be great for guys/girls who only cut a few holes in nice temps, but we all know what happens to batteries in the cold.
plus nothing compares to a gasoline engine.

Offline ToonFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2015, 12:17 AM »
FYI: The Ion battery left outside the popup for 30 minutes in 25 C still cuts ice.  15 holes with a 2-year-old battery through over  3' of ice is more than "a few".

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2015, 08:35 AM »
With my ION
I cut 18 holes last week in almost 40 inches of ice and still had power.  The battery was even cold for the last round of holes.  I like how light the auger is and quiet.  I don't miss getting high in the shack from exhaust fumes. 

I did like my old Eskimo and Jiffy, engines worked great for years but both have gone the cheap route which is too bad.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.