Author Topic: Blue Gill Palooza  (Read 2709 times)

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
Re: Blue Gill Palooza
« Reply #30 on: Mar 03, 2015, 02:29 PM »
Its nice you had fun.  Its a nice mess of fish.  I hope they pass the rule of 25 soon in Indiana. .   Not that anyone would follow it because they like taking pictures of a big mess of fish.  Hope cleaning them is as much fun as catching them.   I wonder how many pictures I would have to take of all the fish I turn loose.  I really dont see the need of having a bucket of fish to take home.  But if your eating them all and need to feed your family then thats great.  If your doing it because you like showing a picture of a mess of fish well thats just something to think about.
  Tight lines
  Da-Roc

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Mar 03, 2015, 02:33 PM »
Its nice you had fun.  Its a nice mess of fish.  I hope they pass the rule of 25 soon in Indiana. .   Not that anyone would follow it because they like taking pictures of a big mess of fish.  Hope cleaning them is as much fun as catching them.   I wonder how many pictures I would have to take of all the fish I turn loose.  I really dont see the need of having a bucket of fish to take home.  But if your eating them all and need to feed your family then thats great.  If your doing it because you like showing a picture of a mess of fish well thats just something to think about.
  Tight lines
  Da-Roc
I'll be right back.  Let me go put in a bag of Jalapeno flavored popcorn :roflmao:

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Mar 03, 2015, 02:46 PM »
  Tight lines
  Da-Roc

Hey did you not read the part where the fish were divided 3 ways? That would = 40 fish per angler since math must not be your strong suit.

Posts like this are exactly why I quit posting picks. Then I get pm's and replies asking me to continue posting pics...so I did and now I have this negative nancy crap in my thread.

If I wanted to take a picture to brag about it would not be of 120 fish between 2 Anglers. Ill just keep everything I catch instead of sorting like normal and post a pic of a 400 fish day. I release as many if not more fish then I keep...

Offline brink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 03, 2015, 02:55 PM »

Get over it.  Hate how this thread went downhill quick. 
That's some tasty iced tea.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #34 on: Mar 03, 2015, 03:09 PM »
  Tight lines
  Da-Roc

How about you contribute some pics to the site of 'ALL' the fish you catch and release?   We would love to see them.

Speaking of something to think about....why the need to pass judgement on others that have done nothing wrong per current state regulations?

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Mar 03, 2015, 03:24 PM »
  Tight lines
  Da-Roc
I haven't had time to post lately so busy grinding up organic fertilizer for the upcoming spring planting season.
Eat them? You think I eat gills since I've had Fishkings smoked salmon and steelhead? I've got a 10 acre garden that is all organic. That includes the fertilizer. It was either fish or bat feces. You can thank my 4th grade history teacher and Squanto for teaching me that trick. Corn as tall as my garage! Take a chill pill Roc it's within the law so why whine about it? As far as cleaning goes my grinder is sweet only takes minutes.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:

Offline sprkplug

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Mar 03, 2015, 03:33 PM »
If an angler is legal, then there's not much room to gripe...that's why the limit is coming.... Something to consider though, if it's considered wanton waste to leave fish on the ice, what's the difference in taking them home and leaving them to rot? Just because it's out-of-sight of the general public and the CO's, would it not still be wrong, at least from a moral standpoint? Always wondered that.

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Mar 03, 2015, 03:38 PM »
If an angler is legal, then there's not much room to gripe...that's why the limit is coming.... Something to consider though, if it's considered wanton waste to leave fish on the ice, what's the difference in taking them home and leaving them to rot? Just because it's out-of-sight of the general public and the CO's, would it not still be wrong, at least from a moral standpoint? Always wondered that.

No kidding on the small fish left laying on ice what a waste of a fish.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #38 on: Mar 03, 2015, 03:40 PM »

I don't think there is a difference if they caught you bringing fish home, letting them rot then putting them in the garbage.  I don't think anyone in this thread brings fish home to let them rot.

Offline sprkplug

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Mar 03, 2015, 03:45 PM »
I don't think there is a difference if they caught you bringing fish home, letting them rot then putting them in the garbage.  I don't think anyone in this thread brings fish home to let them rot.

I would hope not. If they're not going to be eaten, it seems both a shame, as well as unethical, to bring them home. Legal or not.

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Mar 03, 2015, 03:51 PM »
I would hope not. If they're not going to be eaten, it seems both a shame, as well as unethical, to bring them home. Legal or not.

Decomposing is different than rotting? If not they are definitely rotting !

Offline sprkplug

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Mar 03, 2015, 03:59 PM »
Decomposing is different than rotting? If not they are definitely rotting !

All I can say is, thank goodness for geographical separation between anglers, and private water! ;D ;)

Offline Foosty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici.
« Reply #42 on: Mar 03, 2015, 05:47 PM »
Holy WOW! That's awesomeness defined.
!!!FISH ON!!!

Offline bramabull

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Mar 03, 2015, 06:21 PM »
I think we need to press pause  ;D. Please don't stop posting pics! I hear ya about the negative comments that others make on here but a lot of guys get tight jawed when people are always posting pics of piles of fish but they don't think about the rest of the equation.

These guys post piles of pics because they are always on the fish. Why are they always on fish? Because they are marking weed beds and potential spots for ice when fishing in the summer, put countless miles on their vehicles and drill hundreds of holes to pin down the fish. Not to mention the methods they use to put the fish on the ice. There is no better method than what these guys use. Period!! If there is, I am all ears.

These guys are truly that good. Please don't let a couple sour pusses deter you from sharing. Kudos to you and your crew for being masters of the trade! I have learned a lot and put plenty of fish in my bucket by using some of the tactics etc... that make you guys successful and I am very appreciative of that!! Keep the pics coming. Fish on!!!

Offline Foosty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici.
« Reply #44 on: Mar 03, 2015, 06:43 PM »

IN probably has no limit because we are under harvesting. Nobody packs that many fish home for "No Reason". If they are used for fertilizer, that's great, fertilize your garden, fertilize your neighbors garden, any "soil" you can "fertilize" is good, yes?? ;) ;)
!!!FISH ON!!!

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Mar 03, 2015, 06:49 PM »
The end is near!

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Mar 03, 2015, 06:57 PM »
I think we need to press pause  ;D. Please don't stop posting pics! I hear ya about the negative comments that others make on here but a lot of guys get tight jawed when people are always posting pics of piles of fish but they don't think about the rest of the equation.

These guys post piles of pics because they are always on the fish. Why are they always on fish? Because they are marking weed beds and potential spots for ice when fishing in the summer, put countless miles on their vehicles and drill hundreds of holes to pin down the fish. Not to mention the methods they use to put the fish on the ice. There is no better method than what these guys use. Period!! If there is, I am all ears.

These guys are truly that good. Please don't let a couple sour pusses deter you from sharing. Kudos to you and your crew for being masters of the trade! I have learned a lot and put plenty of fish in my bucket by using some of the tactics etc... that make you guys successful and I am very appreciative of that!! Keep the pics coming. Fish on!!!

Everyone knows that I personally could give a rats behind what others think of me! I'm an open book but bigger. Open billboard more like it. No big deal to me.

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Mar 03, 2015, 08:12 PM »

Great post!! Thank you

Offline jo7grr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Mar 03, 2015, 08:31 PM »
Great pics! Thanks for posting them.

Offline bramabull

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Mar 03, 2015, 08:32 PM »
Great post!! Thank you

Just telling it how it is!!  ;D