New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Longest you've waited to fillet?  (Read 2117 times)

Offline FlagsUP

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Better run fast, that fish is screamin!
Re: Longest you've waited to fillet?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 28, 2015, 07:58 AM »
Caught perch Sunday, kept frozen in garage, filleted Wednesday, cooked with scampi sauce and pasta on Thursday. Worked out great. Super tasty
Pass me the BOONES farm!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Feb 28, 2015, 10:58 AM »
I  like  to  leave  them in a  bucket  of  water check on  them  every few  days   first the  eyes  turn  white   once they  sink in no need to  use a  fillet knife  just  shake  the meat falls right off you can  use the  slim water for fish stock in soups ....

oh I  don't like beer  sitting out  till it gets warm either ,some things are best fresh

Offline ThisGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 28, 2015, 06:51 PM »
Amen, Trapper. I was just on my 2nd beer, let it set too long as it started to get warm. I had to drink it all right away so it wouldn't get any warmer. 3rd beer was fresh. It's nice to have a cold beer while your shaking the meat off of some fish bones.
This house is protected by the good Lord and a gun

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 28, 2015, 09:38 PM »
 I think "Flagsup"  was trying to get serious info. for fish care when on a fishing trip away from home.  Some states and countries do not allow for some sepecies of  fish to be dismembered (filleted or skinned) while transporting.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Mar 01, 2015, 08:41 AM »
I think "Flagsup"  was trying to get serious info. for fish care when on a fishing trip away from home.  Some states and countries do not allow for some sepecies of  fish to be dismembered (filleted or skinned) while transporting.

then i  would  "seriously suggest"  he  read  the  rules  and  regulations instead  of  attempting  to get a  easy  answer to legal questions  off the  internet .....

and  seriously  i  wouldn't  let  fish  set  for  days and days  then  feed  them to my family .....

and  seriously  i'm a  French model  in my  spare  time  ..."bon journ"

p.s. What's the longest period of time that you have waited to fillet your catch after a day on the ice? Just wondering how long I have before they might get "funky?"

i'm  not  sure  where  you  came  up  with the idea  he  was transporting  fish  from other  states  or  countrys  ....were you  drinking that  warm beer??????

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.