Author Topic: What is your line doing here?  (Read 1628 times)

Offline TaterSalad

• Team IceShanty Regular
What is your line doing here?
« on: Jan 10, 2006, 08:35 PM »
My son and I had a good laugh over this one.  He is ten and we got out together for the first time this year.  We set our holes a couple of feet apart and start jigging.  We were teasing each other about who was going to catch the most, the biggest, etc.  Things were pretty slow when I get a decent bite.  I am busy reeling it up and it feels like a nice fish.  We were fishing for Perch.  While I am bringing mine in, my son says he can't figure out how to work his reel.  I tell him to hold on a minute.  From the sounds of things, he has a nice fish on too.  I get mine on the ice and toss it in the bucket and I am about to see if I can help my son when I see his hook and line at my feet.  I ask him why his line was over here and he looks at me and says, huh?  Well I look and his line is going down his hole and out mine.  I tug on it a couple of times and tell him he has a bite but I am laughing soooo hard that he knows something is up.  My perch must have gotten tangled in his line.

This is the first thing he tells his mom when we get home.  Definitely a day to remember.

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
Re: What is your line doing here?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2006, 05:29 PM »
I've done that before.  It's great when they don't see it and you start pulling!!!

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.