Author Topic: Infinite Thread  (Read 134784 times)

Offline Eye_Crosser86

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Kicked Off Town Lake by Police
« Reply #120 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:20 PM »
I think it was meant to say whine, like cry, bicker...... Im stayin out of this one

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #121 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:23 PM »
I think it was meant to say whine, like cry, bicker...... Im stayin out of this one
I know it was meant as a joke towards algaekillas post about the weeds lol!

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #122 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:31 PM »
I'm not whining about anything, or even know the lake he's talking about. And I agree he's breaking the law until it's changed. But not trying to stand up for something you really believe in won't help anything. If a law said it's only legal to ice fish from 10 to 4 Monday to Thursday, I would break that law a lot, as I think many people would. And just paying the tickets when I get busted wouldn't do anything for change. I don't see much of a difference.

Offline Zktaylor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #123 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:46 PM »
If a law said it's only legal to ice fish from 10 to 4 Monday to Thursday, I would break that law a lot, as I think many people would.

That would be perfect for me!! I work on the weekends anyways lol.

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #124 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:49 PM »
I'm sure there are some that wouldn't mind. Lol. I've been working some on the weekends as well. lol

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #125 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:52 PM »
I'm not whining about anything, or even know the lake he's talking about. And I agree he's breaking the law until it's changed. But not trying to stand up for something you really believe in won't help anything. If a law said it's only legal to ice fish from 10 to 4 Monday to Thursday, I would break that law a lot, as I think many people would. And just paying the tickets when I get busted wouldn't do anything for change. I don't see much of a difference.

Your point is valid, but in this case there is little to no chance he is going to convince a city he is not even a resident of to allow ice fishing on a lake they own and are liable for.  My town has several city ponds, one that is probably 30+ acres and they don't allow any ice activity at all either.  There are too many people out there looking to sue, and too many people that know very little about ice safety to just open it up to anyone.  It is like homeowners with an in ground pool.  They put a fence up for privacy, but the bigger reason it keep a young neighbor kid from wandering into the pool and drowning.  We live in a society where you have to protect yourself from others both physically and financially. 

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #126 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:56 PM »
Your point is valid, but in this case there is little to no chance he is going to convince a city he is not even a resident of to allow ice fishing on a lake they own and are liable for.  My town has several city ponds, one that is probably 30+ acres and they don't allow any ice activity at all either.  There are too many people out there looking to sue, and too many people that know very little about ice safety to just open it up to anyone.  It is like homeowners with an in ground pool.  They put a fence up for privacy, but the bigger reason it keep a young neighbor kid from wandering into the pool and drowning.  We live in a society where you have to protect yourself from others both physically and financially. 
I get that. It may not be a fight I'm willing to try and win, but if it was, I wouldn't hesitate to try. I guess that's my real point here.

Offline angolajones

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #127 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:32 PM »

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #128 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:13 PM »
Amazing... I decide to ice fish a lake that I regularly summer fish against the ordinance and now I am guilty of breaking every single law on the land.  If I willingly break a town ordinance, I must also be a murderer, right?  I need to keep in mind every one pretends they are just so perfect and obedient behind the keyboard.  No one would ever be tempted to fish a hole they weren't allowed in!  I wouldn't be surprised if I read through the posts and find that someone genuinely tries to link ice fishing a hole against an ordinance to domestic violence or something else just as ridiculous.  Even if I were NOT a catch and release fisherman, I know the difference between poaching a bucket full of fish and dragging my sled out onto some illegal ice for a day of clean winter fun. 

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #129 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:16 PM »
What a stupid post.

Break the law -- I don't care (as long as it doesn't effect me) -- but own up to it and accept the outcome if you are caught.

Taking fish in an illegal manner (ice fishing when ice fishing is not permitted) is poaching -- all poachers should be stoned.  Stag's logic is flawed, snagging is illegal in some places, but fishing is legal -- based on his logic if you snag you are not poaching because fishing is permitted.

We all break laws from time to time, but if I get a ticket I accept it, pay the fine, and move on.

I did not get a ticket and do not keep my fish.  Have a good day, keyboard warrior!

Offline Tikkaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #130 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:18 PM »
This topic should be changed to "beating a dead horse"

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #131 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:23 PM »
And for once I'm not involved!  ;D I think everyone needs to go put the beat down on some fish!

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #132 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:24 PM »
This thread is way hotter than the gravel pits ever thought about being carry on😉

All of the saints from the land of the interwebz had nothing to do today with the snow.  I guess the best thing they had to do today was to harass a young guy who just wants to fish in gang infested Lake Co. but apparently I am the biggest crook around.  ROFL.  Half the trash I pick up from the shoreline was probably left by the idiots telling me how wrong I am for this lol.  The other half was left by the kids retreating to the lake to smoke pot with their little buddies (and not get caught btw).  They are out there blazing because they aren't able to do anything since the last generation decided to sue everyone and their mother for anything they could think of!

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #133 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:26 PM »
And for once I'm not involved!  ;D I think everyone needs to go put the beat down on some fish!
that's been easier said than done lately!

Offline sprkplug

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #134 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:37 PM »
As far as I'm concerned it's not the fact you broke the law, any law for that matter, it's the mindset you have that I find troublesome. You knowingly broke the law by fishing where it was not allowed, you took beer with you when you knew it wasn't permitted, and you're open to the idea of sneaking back in to try it again. To me that indicates a pattern. I don't care that you snuck in and got caught. I shake my head because it appears to me you feel you should be able to do whatever you want, whenever you want, without respect for the laws that, as a society, we all live by.

It's not the fact you went ice fishing where you shouldn't have......it's the attitude you display about it.

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #135 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:44 PM »
that's been easier said than done lately!

Easier said than done? Been one of our best seasons yet! Where's everyone been? I've had the Zoo pond all to myself this year.

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #136 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:51 PM »
Easier said than done? Been one of our best seasons yet! Where's everyone been? I've had the Zoo pond all to myself this year.
I've done decent while running tipups, but havnt been able to get on a decent gill or crappie bite in awhile now. Also havnt been out as much as usual.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #137 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:55 PM »
As far as I'm concerned it's not the fact you broke the law, any law for that matter, it's the mindset you have that I find troublesome. You knowingly broke the law by fishing where it was not allowed, you took beer with you when you knew it wasn't permitted, and you're open to the idea of sneaking back in to try it again. To me that indicates a pattern. I don't care that you snuck in and got caught. I shake my head because it appears to me you feel you should be able to do whatever you want, whenever you want, without respect for the laws that, as a society, we all live by.

It's not the fact you went ice fishing where you shouldn't have......it's the attitude you display about it.

This is exactly the issue I have too and apparently he still thinks because of where he lives it is acceptable behavior and blames gangs, pot smokers, the generation before him, but not himself.  It is always someone else's fault that HE broke the law.

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #138 on: Feb 02, 2015, 08:13 AM »
NWI....Your attitude and actions bring your integrity into question....that's all.  We all do things wrong and no one is perfect. 
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #139 on: Feb 02, 2015, 09:59 AM »
Wow 7 pages of crying. Life sucks. Your 28 you know right from wrong nothing really bad happened. No fine or  loss of life. So move on young man. I'm not getting on you but ,that's life. Some people have REEL PROBLEMS. As for your arch enemy from PA. Eddie he's just jealous of your nice bass,he eats them.

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #140 on: Feb 02, 2015, 10:18 AM »
I missed a stop sign yesterday morning in the snow storm . When I seen it and hit the breaks to stop it was to late to try to stop the truck and trailer with out making a big mess of things so I just went on . Well some guy from the base seen it and came and told me they put them there for reason and I needed to stop And to slow down . I told him that I seen it to late and apologized it was my fault and I knew it and owned it .

Point is if you are doing something  that you know is wrong or against the law you need to rethink what your doing before you do it or at least own it when you get caught .

Offline Eye_Crosser86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #141 on: Feb 02, 2015, 11:23 AM »
Tightliner.... Just stop twice at the next one

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #142 on: Feb 02, 2015, 11:29 AM »
Tightliner.... Just stop twice at the next one

Oh trust me I was on my toes driving the rest of the day .

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #143 on: Feb 02, 2015, 12:02 PM »
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline kesdadddy7597

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #144 on: Feb 02, 2015, 12:09 PM »

I thought that was you out there.  Save some of those for me

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #145 on: Feb 02, 2015, 02:25 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

LMAO Jigmup!!!  That is a good one!  Springbobber is probably disappointed he never heard that one from me!   ;D

Offline brink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #146 on: Feb 02, 2015, 03:50 PM »
I can't believe I just wasted 30 minutes of my life reading these 8 pages...

However, I would LOVE for somebody to start a poll to see who thinks this is poaching and who doesn't.  No justifications...no "bigger societal issues" qualifiers...just a poaching or not poaching.

That's some tasty iced tea.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #147 on: Feb 02, 2015, 04:06 PM »
I can't believe I just wasted 30 minutes of my life reading these 8 pages...

However, I would LOVE for somebody to start a poll to see who thinks this is poaching and who doesn't.  No justifications...no "bigger societal issues" qualifiers...just a poaching or not poaching.

Start right here. 

I am vote 1 for poaching.  Taking fish or game illegally is the definition of poaching.  Does not matter if he carried if off the ice.

Offline stag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's what I do....
« Reply #148 on: Feb 02, 2015, 04:20 PM »
You're nuts. No difference at all. Its poaching plain and simple... Ask any warden.
Just so you know....a warden follows state game laws...dont give one crap about a city ordinance...cant write a ticket for it.
Duane

Offline stag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's what I do....
« Reply #149 on: Feb 02, 2015, 04:25 PM »
Heck by Stag's logic if you want a snack you can break into a closed convenience store take what you want and leave some cash on the counter to cover what you stole and it is OK because shopping is allowed there 'sometimes'.   ::)  The OP would probably blame the store owner for calling the police too.
LOL....you got me thinking now Wax...lol....gonna have to think of something to justify shopping during closed hours now... :)...my only point is I find it so silly that for no other reason than "it might be unsafe" a guy cant ice fish a public lake. Hell for that matter, why wouldnt the whole state shut down public waters to ice fishing so the state wouldnt get sued if someone drowns????
Duane

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.