Author Topic: hummingbird ice 55 problem  (Read 1841 times)

Offline bigace

• Team IceShanty Regular
hummingbird ice 55 problem
« on: Jan 23, 2015, 11:37 PM »
Just bought a brand new ice 55. Put it in to charge first day and the light turned on saying it was green and fully charged I played with the unit a bit setting it up the past few days. It went down to 95% so I just wanted to fully charge it so I can fish tomorrow. The charger light won't turn on and its not charging my battery! What do I do?

Offline Bucket Brigade

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wait...I have a bite
Re: hummingbird ice 55 problem
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2015, 11:45 PM »
Take it back and by a Vexilar!  Sorry about your misfortune.
When there is ice on the lakes, I never make employee of the month!

Offline troy_built68

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2015, 02:04 AM »
I had a similar problem with mine , I contacted Humminbirds customer support on their website and they had me a new one in 2-3 day's  1-800-633-1468  and follow the prompts

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2015, 08:14 AM »
i had an ice-55 too.
had problems since day one. the center display will go out every 20 seconds and come back on, even the light. at first i thought it was normal, but the light was the give away.
then one day she caught fire out on the ice. smoke came out and i call humminbird. they said send it in for 130$ plus shipping, so i did. they didn't fix the center cut out issue or the power circuit. had to wiggle the power knob to make it come on. i called and they said send it in its covered for 90 days, just pay shipping, so i did. got it back with an email saying they didn't fix it. now they want 170$ or 180$ plus shipping$ and won't fix it so theirs nothing you can do about it when it breaks. your just out and they do not care.
so i bought an marcum lx-7. at least they fix theirs. mine works woderfuly and is much better than the "bird in every way.

so my advice is return it knowing how they do their customers now and get some thing else. a vex if you want to stay with analog spinning motors (i am sick of the spin) or marcum lx-6 for the same amount you just spent and go digital and good customer service.

they are on sale for 499$, posted yesterday in this section. glens out doors.
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=307993.0

a decent review, but only his opinion. don't care for the man. he needs a new career! would not buy any thing from him ever again either.
https://redrockstore.wordpress.com/2014/09/28/marcum-lx-7-vs-marcum-lx-6-the-differences/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.