New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Round Lake  (Read 10987 times)

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Round Lake
« Reply #150 on: Mar 22, 2015, 04:04 PM »
You guys keep mentioning all these things about worms and I must say my father and I cleaned 61 fish last night and besides a couple with those little white grubs ( maybe one or two per fish ) they were all really clean nice fish  ???...We researched those grubs and once they are removed and cooked at normal cooking temperatures they are safe and suitable for consumption. Sounds like we have ourselves a couple of over reactors on here  :D....Ice is still in great shape, were hoping to get back out again next weekend. Good luck fellas  ;)

You must not have interpreted my comments correctly as I was implying there's nothing wrong with the fish. Hence the broccoli comment. And the comment about there being no warnings issued over the grubs. However I have discarded a few fish due to an overwhelming amount of them grubs/worms.

Offline xxxbeer247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #151 on: Mar 22, 2015, 07:41 PM »
Looking at the first picture that Jennie posted it seems that perch eyes was the bait of the day! Congrats on a large catch on back to back outings on a small lake that I personally have been skunked on several ice fishing outings in the past.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #152 on: Mar 22, 2015, 07:53 PM »
btw jennie, are those the bait fish the perch were spitting up in the 2nd pic or is that your bait? They look like small icicles....those are not the alewives that are in the lake.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #153 on: Mar 22, 2015, 08:26 PM »
You guys keep mentioning all these things about worms and I must say my father and I cleaned 61 fish last night and besides a couple with those little white grubs ( maybe one or two per fish ) they were all really clean nice fish  ???...We researched those grubs and once they are removed and cooked at normal cooking temperatures they are safe and suitable for consumption. Sounds like we have ourselves a couple of over reactors on here  :D....Ice is still in great shape, were hoping to get back out again next weekend. Good luck fellas  ;)

those grubs are common threw out  new York waters ,they won't hurt you I just pop them out with the fillet knife ......  so whens the  big fish fry  ;D

Offline Jrubino

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #154 on: Jan 12, 2018, 12:40 AM »
Anyone on here fish this lake this season?  I live in Halfmoon now and i'm not terribly far away from it and would be interested in trying to start fishing it on the regular when I'm not out on Sacandaga.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.