The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: taking the sport out of it.dont believe in them  (Read 6002 times)

Offline walleyewalt

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: taking the sport out of it.dont believe in them
« Reply #30 on: Jan 14, 2006, 05:37 PM »
While I don't have a vexilar, I would definitely buy one if I had 200 bucks sitting around not doing anything.
Hey, I've got news for you "purists".  We're at the top of the food chain (human beings, that is).  It's comfortable here at the top.  Enjoy technology.  If you don't, someone else will.
While you might outfish a hole on a private lake, here on Erie, St. Claire, and Huron I don't think it would be possible to outfish the great lakes with a handful of dudes with sonar equipment and a case of beer.  I'd be more worried about commercial fishing destroying perch populations than some guys in shanties.
hey dude, im not a purists or what ever want ant me to be im just another
fisherman who has a difference of opinion sorry if i hurt your feelings this started out on the basis of how i feel on the suject and guess what i still feel the same way :o im not mad at you for how you feel and will even come have a look at your underwater camera if you let me
im old fashion  and enjoy it very much more gratifing to me this way have a nice day.
and ill take the challange though.like challanges!!!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!! :flex: :flex: :flex:

Offline reelbigfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just one more and we'll all go home. SE Mi.
« Reply #31 on: Jan 15, 2006, 09:27 AM »
Walleyewalt,
  I tried to express my opinion on fishing without electronic in the general section
and got slammed by all of the defenders of technology.  Some got downright
insulted that anyone would even think of fishing without one.  I've got a flip shanty
that I sight fish out of for pannies.  I take along 6 prerigged poles and a lantern on
the cold days.  That's it.  Between holehopping, trying to match the color and size
of jig that works that day,  trying different baits and jigging techniques, I'm just too
busy to fiddle with electronics most of the time.  If you fish deeper water for suspended fish or are exploring new territory electronic can be an invaluable tool.  I
usually leave mine to home cause I fish shallow and know the lakes.  I do appreciate
your opinion and that of Lobo.  If we always caught fish they would have to change the name of our sport from fishing to catching.  There are those who take more than
their fair share of fish that's the problem not electronics.  As for me I like to keep it simple.  It's not a competition but a sport.  I live for the challenge.          Ted
Many men go fishing their entire lives without knowing it's not fish they are after.
Thoreau

Offline Reel Wet Ride

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ft. Myers, Florida!!! WHAT?
« Reply #32 on: Jan 16, 2006, 03:13 PM »
Sorry Ted. After fishing with you I definitly respect you and your stlye of fishing.
No hard feelings.

jason
Falling through the ice means driving home naked!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.