The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: replacing fishing licence in Mi ( at Meijers)  (Read 7250 times)

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
Re: replacing fishing licence in Mi ( at Meijers)
« Reply #30 on: Jan 26, 2015, 07:30 AM »
The state just wants more money. The fishing "rules and regs book" states that you have to pay the buying price if you loose your fishing license. Ok I lost my license, I want to replace it at the cost of a license, not hunting permits, kill tags, on and on and on. just the fishing license. What's so hard about that.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 26, 2015, 07:37 AM »
My strategy:

Buy your licenses online.  Then, when you get to the "Print" screen, save the document as a PDF (or screenshot the page and save as an image).  Now you have your license in a computer file!  Save it on your computer and email yourself a copy.  Now if you lose your license, all you have to do is print a new copy from that file!  You'll never have to purchase a replacement.
          This is what I'll do in the future, just save, and if you loose it, print another off!!

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 26, 2015, 07:52 AM »
I wonder what they would do if you made a copy of the fishing license you bought at meijers and carried it around with you, just in case you lost it, and presented it to the man when he ask for it out on the ice. Not trying to be a smart ass, just thinking.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 26, 2015, 07:54 AM »
I wonder what they would do if you made a copy of the fishing license you bought at meijers and carried it around with you, just in case you lost it, and presented it to the man when he ask for it out on the ice. Not trying to be a smart ass, just thinking.
           Probably nothing as you have it on person, and proves you bought one!

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 26, 2015, 08:01 AM »
I'm going to do that. The bay is overrun with DNR people and everyone seems to be asked for a license. I'll see what happens

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #35 on: Jan 26, 2015, 08:22 AM »
might get in trouble for unauthorized duplication.

they need to get up to date and start pro rating the license like they do our cars. but, they have no reason to do that when they can just keep stealing from us.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 26, 2015, 08:45 AM »
3300 aren't fishing licenses bought online self printed? What would be the difference. Isn't a CO able to check you licenses over his computer to see if it is valid using your driver license number

QUIT dealing with Meijers

Find a mom and pop shop to get your licenses. 99.9% of them know what they are doing.

My last experience around the Meijer license machine, a clerk was telling a guy buying a 234 turkey tag that the tag was only good for private land state wide. I took the clerk to the big wall print of the turkey book and made him read out loud twice the rule on the 234 tag. The guy buying the tag thanked me for straightening the clerk out.

Offline Badgersbunk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 26, 2015, 09:01 AM »
I know this doesn't help with your situation. I emailed the don't and the online fishing license doesn't have to be printed if you save the file to your phone they will except the digital copy. This whole pay for another license with only 2 months left is kinda nuts. And to make you buy another combo is even worse.

Offline Fishurman63

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Jan 27, 2015, 07:14 AM »
So why is it cops can't just pull you over to see you drivers license but can stop you while fishing to ask for your fishing license multiple times a day? 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.