Author Topic: Shad King? Anybody use these?  (Read 602 times)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Shad King? Anybody use these?
« on: Jan 08, 2006, 07:11 PM »
I was wondering the local takcle shops and came acorss these hidden in a pile of older lures...Usually I walk right by them becuase like many of you..I think..They are in that bulk pile for a reason...But these caught my eye and I picked them up.

It's a silver spoon on a swivle with a single hook sauder/welded on. on the hook 2 pimple like tags are hanging loose..they are silver also. The Lure is called the "Shad King" and it made by a compnay called "Hildebrant".

Has anyone used these or better yet had success..Here are some pics..sorry for the quality it was bad lighting

here are a few body shots

this is a hook shot..macro in low lilght came a this gold colour

Offline Indiana_Lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Shad King? Anybody use these?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2006, 08:00 PM »
Icejunky, Yes to your question. I've only used the smaller size (I'm not sure how many oz.) tipped with minnows and have caught several species: trout, a 19" bass, perch, and real good for crappies. I've modified it a little by adding some prismatic tape to the flat side. I think it helps a little with the extra flash. I want to try the larger size for walleye but haven't purchased them yet. Our Wally World carries them both for $3.24 for a pack of two.   Lou

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.