Author Topic: Lake Winnipeg  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake Winnipeg
« on: Jan 08, 2006, 05:37 PM »
Well...it was fishing time...everyone bales so I drag Loni out of the house. She experinced computer game withdraw by the time we reached the perimitier. Perch were just being miserable...had to draw them in with jigging rapellas then Loni would drop a tiny teardrop in front of them to get a bite.

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
Re: Lake Winnipeg
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2006, 05:43 PM »
Nice walleyes Ac, and that's a good sized perch, Loni.  Looks like not too much snow on the ice if you're driving out there.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2006, 05:47 PM »
Nice shots AC. How thick is the ice there?
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2006, 05:54 PM »
Looks like not too much snow on the ice if you're driving out there
The snow isn't a big problem...just a few deeper drifts but the ice is so rough you can't get any speed to plow though the drifts...lots of "Tire Cutter" shards of ice poking out all over the place to watch for as well. In the pic with Loni holding her Perch if you look to right of her head that pressure ridge is close to 20' high.

How thick is the ice there?
Ice is around two feet...lots of pressure ridges around...guys were getting stuck trying to cross.....like me

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2006, 06:18 PM »
Ac....nice eyes....Loni....ditto with the perch.....but I cant for the life of me, figure how you got stuck in the same spot Twice!!!....lmao....so what do you figure the answer is to cross those monstrous pressure ridges???...I can hardly wait for the pics..... ;D ;D ;D.Grump

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2006, 10:10 PM »
Argo  ;D
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline eyeguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2006, 10:12 PM »
I can figure out how he got in the same spot twice Grump.   ::) ::)  I just think he likes to see people sweat!!! ;D ;D

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2006, 11:02 PM »
Ac, on the way to Lake Winnipeg, did you happen to pass by the blue igloo again?  ;D
Those are nice fish.....but now I know who your good luck charm is   ;)2
:clap: :thumbsup:
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2006, 06:20 AM »
.....but I cant for the life of me, figure how you got stuck in the same spot Twice!!!....lmao....so what do you figure the answer is to cross those monstrous pressure ridges???

Thats the same picture from last Sunday...just posted again for info. Although we did see one guy follow my tracks into the same spot...took him about half an hour to get out. As far as crossing the big ridges...you can't with a vechile. Snowmobile you could if you found a low spot. Mostly just drive around them if you can.

grumpymoe

« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2006, 06:41 AM »
As far as crossing the big ridges...you can't with a vechile. Snowmobile you could if you found a low spot. Mostly just drive around them if you can
....I was hoping for some imagination from you at the 20' level.... ;D ;D...Grump

Offline 2_sexy_4_my_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2006, 03:49 PM »
Nice Fish AC. I Went for a snomobile ride on Sun from gimli to hecla, lots of peasure ridges out there it's going to be wild out there in the spring. PS They Marked the trail on sat. from Gimli to grand beach and gimli to riverton and on to hecla. ;D

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2006, 07:35 PM »
....I was hoping for some imagination from you at the 20' level.... ;D ;D...Grump

I'm guessing that AC doesn't want to tell us that he just slings his rods over his shoulder with a fly box of jigs in his pocket, tub of minnows in another, Icers and ice picks and he scales that 20' in about 18 seconds flat  ;) ;D :o ::)
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2006, 08:03 PM »
Me ??? Scale 20' of anything...you must have me confused with someone else. Besides...I looked up but there were no Cheesebugers at the top of the mountain...just no purpose in going up there. ;D ;D

Offline 2_sexy_4_my_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2006, 10:45 AM »
Looks like someone pulls some weight with his fairy godmother. Maybe the AC Curse Is gone ?

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2006, 02:59 PM »
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline 2_sexy_4_my_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2006, 11:06 AM »
Attention

If you or anyone you know has come into direct contact with the "AC Curse" please contact the fairy godmother nearest you!  :roflmao:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.