Author Topic: Fishing with Largie 69  (Read 1005 times)

trapperdirk

Fishing with Largie 69
« on: Jan 07, 2006, 04:10 AM »
Made some late plans and early plans with Largie 69, Boogoloo and his sidekick Miss Ellie to fish this A.M.  ;)
   Well we all reached lake X for a crappy fish and whatever would bite line not at a early hour but it was way before noon . The lads and Miss Ellie were set to do battle with the fish under the ice and we were hungry . Miss ELLIE got a bit ticked with us and retrieved a few fish to let us know what they looked like and also to save our high esteem we hold in the area as great fishermen . ;) Thankyou Miss Ellie and I apologize for not getting it on film . ;D

For you of those who have not met Miss Ellie yet here she is the week before we went fishing,,, and she was good pup keeping us and kids entertained during slow bites but even tried to help me land one when she wasn't stealing fish to make us look good . LOL ;D

Anyways the Boogoloo left us earlier in afternoon and Largie 69 and I continued to fish till way after dark and no one was left on the lake . ;)

Largie missed some fish earlier as did Boog and I,,, and Miss Ellie was with highest score . ;)

After our friends left us on the ice to continue fishing Largie and I did as we were told by Miss Ellie to do . His line goes down and stays down and the big bear goes to investigate and hooks a good fish . I walk on over and he says this girl has some weight and I'm thinking and go for camera . I get camera and Largie has fish coming up an 8 inch hole and as she does the line breaks . :o ::) The big grizzly stabs his mighty paw down the hole and pins fish against the side of hole and the biggest battle of all begins . ;D I'll tell ya folks its a dog eat dog world out there only this time its the grizzly Largie 69 and a nice pickeral,,, and man he whooped her in the end . He was right up into his armpits swatting,grabbing ,clawing and pinning his adversary and landed her for a couple of short pics that I scored and she was released again as this lake has a slot and nothing can be kept of this species unless its 14 inches or less . :o  Well she was 24 and I measured her with a good ol Lufkin tape .. 4 crappies we got and the catch of the day was Largies nice pickeral .

24 Inch thick pickeral . Congrats Les and nice grab . ;D

Today,,, tomorrow,,, were onto another lake without Miss Ellie and Boogoloo as they are busy,, but this one was memorable for me . Thanks lads .

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re: SWEE7 by Largie 69
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2006, 04:02 PM »
Nice sotrey and Nice to see THat Regulations are being Kept a eye on:> (though id exspect nothing less FROm trapper:>) THe slot size is something i always have to remember to check... That and live bait regs... ANyhow Nice pics
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Fishing with Largie 69
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2006, 08:11 AM »
Beauts!  Great report Trapper...

-Andrew
Andrew

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.