Author Topic: LX-6 in shallow water help  (Read 1347 times)

Offline jeffmonument

• IceShanty Rookie
LX-6 in shallow water help
« on: Jan 12, 2015, 11:14 PM »
I had a LX-5 for years and loved it! Just purchased the LX-6 and having a very difficult time getting it dialed in.  I usually fish in 8-12 FOW, but i can't seem to see my jig on flasher mode.  I have the following settings:Sens about 8, Range Manual set at 20 FOW, 20 degree cone, Target adjust-i adjust to all numbers and still cannot pick up my jig?  Max Ping is set on 1.  I thought i saw a thread about changing it from ice to open water. Maybe i'll give that a try.  Thanks in advance for help!

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LX-6 in shallow water help
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2015, 05:38 AM »
Yes switch over to open water mode and put your transducer in the water just enough to cover it. It doesn't need to be all the way down below the ice. Otherwise your settings look about right.

Poorboy

Offline jeffmonument

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2015, 06:19 PM »
thanks Poorboy, that worked!  Weird thing was when i switched back to Ice fishing it worked too.    oh well, all is good!

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2015, 07:51 PM »
thanks Poorboy, that worked!  Weird thing was when i switched back to Ice fishing it worked too.    oh well, all is good!

Hey no problem! I always keep mine LX-7 in open water mode even when I fish open water ....

Poorboy

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Not affiliated with MarCum Tech.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2015, 09:09 AM »
they have the new firmware due out early to mid january to fix the shallow water issues some have. maybe it will fix using it in ice mode? and the deep water issues for their lx9.

so watch for that too.

Offline BlackDogAlpha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2016, 12:28 PM »
Any updates on this upgrade Marcum? I wasted some time trying to get it calibrated in 4' -5' of water with zero success.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.