Author Topic: broderick limets???  (Read 3140 times)

Offline fish nut

• IceShanty Rookie
broderick limets???
« on: Jan 04, 2006, 08:57 PM »
is this a reduced limit lake???

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
Re: broderick limets???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2006, 09:33 PM »
did you mean limits??????
i believe its 2 walleye and 3 pike but you may want to check the book.im sure it is a barbless lake.

Offline fish nut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2006, 07:22 PM »
can anyone confirm limit???

Offline Husser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2006, 07:28 PM »
FishNut: It will say in there. www.se.gov.sk.ca

Offline Husser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2006, 07:33 PM »
The limit is correct. 3 Pike, 2 walleye, 10 Perch, etc. It is a CR1 water. Same as the Strap. Husser.

Offline fishy99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2006, 06:10 PM »
Going to Broderick on Saturday. Has anyone been out there lately. What type of lures, where, and how deep have people been fishing at Broderick. Any information would be great. Thanx and good luck everyone.  ;D

Offline BigLunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2006, 06:16 PM »
I think the word is out that Broderick is active.  I have been out there twice in the last two weeks and there have been people all over.  We fished in two different areas and caught pike from 1.5lbs to 3.5 lbs.  The first time out we had luck with anything orange and minnow heads and then the second time out our tip-ups and anchovies were working.  It was funny that the smallest fish we caught took the biggest bait we were offering.   ::)

Offline SK Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2006, 08:29 AM »
My only success this year at Broderick and the Strap have indeed been using large cisco's - even the 1.5 lbs jacks?  It is not the best return on investment using such large bait but it seems to work.

Offline fishy99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2006, 10:33 AM »
what is a cisco? what depth where you guys fishing at? I have just been using shinners. Too small? Please write back asap as I am leaving early tomorrow morning. later.

Offline SK Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2006, 01:58 PM »
Cisco's or tulibees, I am not sure of the exact name.  Maybe cisco is some type of nickname?  Basically they are a 6" to 8" bait fish bought at The Fish'n Hole.  I put them on a flat pike rig (also bought at The Fish'n Hole).  Good luck, I am off to Broderick on Saturday as well.

Offline fishy99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2006, 04:33 PM »
What size of hooks have you been using? I have been using size 6 j hooks. Should a guy be using something bigger? Do you mean pickrel rigs? Are they the same as flat jack rigs? Well I hope that tomorrow goes good for you as well as me. I will check back later to see if ya responded.  ::)

Offline Husser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2006, 04:37 PM »
Jack rigs are the same set up as Pickrel Rigs, but heavy duty. Not sure about the flat ones.

Offline fishy99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2006, 05:27 PM »
Just got myself some pike rigs and some regular sized smelts. Going to give them a try tomorrow. Will be bringing the digital camera tomorrow so with any luck I will be able to post some nice pike pics tomorrow. Well good luck everyone and post often.  :o  8)

Offline BigLunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2006, 05:32 PM »
Hey Fishy!  I have been in anywhere from 12-15 feet out at Broderick.  On my tip-up I use my own set-up that consists of 2 size 1 trebles tied to a swivel with about 8-10 inches of superbraid line.  Some guys use a leader with two trebles - 1 treble that slides up and down on the leader and the other one in the snap.  I have had good success with both ways but with my way the bait (anchovies) sit more natural and the fish doesn't feel the leader.  Good Luck on Sat.

Offline fishy99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2006, 12:02 PM »
Well was out at Broderick yesterday and I did not get skunked  ;D. We had three flags go up. The first two by the time I got there the fish had already gotten off (Barbless hooks  >:() When I got to the third the line was a long ways out and the fish had taken the rig with it. But we did get one 2 pound jack on a jack rig later that day. The pike had tons of eggs in it and three other hooks snapped off in its mouth. All in all in was a great day on the ice. The ice is thick enough to drive on and there are some pretty good paths through the snow so its even ok to drive a car on the ice as we did. Had no trouble getting around as long as we stayed on the main paths. Tons of other trucks and shacks out there this past Saturday. Everyone was friendly and helpful on the ice. The CO's dropped by to check liscences and where not too concerned that we were having a few frosty ones either. Just make sure you clean up your mess. Will have a pic later this week of the jack we caught. Thats about it. Good luck everyone and post often.

Offline BigLunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2006, 12:19 PM »
Good job Fishy!!  Was one of the hooks in your pike an orange Krock?? :) :)  What were the COs driving when they showed up?  I figured they would show up at Broderick sooner ot later since there is so much action out there.  I hear they were at the Strap as well on Sat checking things.  Its tough to go barbless and beerless.  :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline SK Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2006, 02:01 PM »
We were at Broderick this weekend and caught several small ones and one nice one on a tipup rigged with a cisco and pike rig.  I rigged up an alarm system on my tipups to sound an alarm once the tipup is raised and it worked great.  We had three alarms and and pulled one nice one through the ice.  It was quite exciting to hear the alarm go for the first time!!!

I would like to post some pictures of the alarm system and fish but cannot seem to figure it out - can someone give me some guidence?

Offline fishnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 23, 2006, 05:05 PM »
I was also out at Broderick over the weekend with 5 of my relatives.  We caught 9 jack between the 5 of us.  One was fairly big.  Most were in 5 feet of water.  A few Pictures to come...
fishing - It's a religion, not a sport.

Offline BigLunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 23, 2006, 08:27 PM »
Hey SK Fisher.  Check out this link to get info on posting pics.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=31022.0

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.