The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2015 fishing license  (Read 1181 times)

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
2015 fishing license
« on: Jan 08, 2015, 03:22 PM »
friendly reminder to go get your little pink buttons ;D

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2015 fishing license
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2015, 03:25 PM »
Wife and I got our licence in December   ;D  .... But no button, I don't mind pinning a licence on.. No need to spend the extra money for a button when I also get the Lake Erie / trout stamp. 

Offline Bluegill billy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2015, 03:43 PM »
Still need to have your paper license on you when displaying your pink button .  It doesn't make sense to me.

Offline jakejohnson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2015, 03:46 PM »
I don't think the buttons worth it

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2015, 03:48 PM »
Still need to have your paper license on you when displaying your pink button .  It doesn't make sense to me.

Yes, Very true.   I couldn't see spending the extra money for a button.  Buttons are nice for those who collect such things, but not for me.
You Also need to have a valid ID on you.

Offline rtibbs48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2015, 04:19 PM »
Got my lifetime card in the mail today and to my surprise they grandfathered the combination salmon and Erie stamps in from last year.I thought they were going to do this but the clerk at Wally world said no you had to buy them each year he needs to read the book.

Offline woodstock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2015, 05:03 PM »
I stopped at Wal-Mart to get my 2015 license on Dec. 31. After waiting 10 min. for service at sporting goods I told the gal what I wanted and get this. She said she couldn't sell me one because it was still 2014. I'm sure I had the deer in the headlight look for a second. I just couldn't believe she had just said that. As politely as I could I handed her my drivers license and told her to run it through that little machine right there and sell me a license. She snatched it out of my hand and told me it wasn't going to work, swiped it through the machine and low and behold miracles of miracles if it didn't print me out a new 2015 fishing license. Sometimes I wonder where they get these people! 

Offline thomps

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2015, 06:37 PM »
f the button

Offline Lovinice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2015, 06:46 PM »
They could keep there Button, I can't wait to see if and how many they sell.

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2015, 08:30 PM »
I like the button, I just ordered mine the other night, it's only $5.00..... Haters....

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2015, 08:33 PM »
F Wal-Mart. I buy nothing there as should everybody else.

Offline new on the ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2015, 10:22 PM »
I haven't displayed my license for about 5 years now. I've been checked a dozen or so times with it being in my wallet. I never haveany fish commissioner say anything about it not being displayed. Actually if I had to display it,I probably would loose it is usually forget to take it because I fish often in so many different places and different weather conditions that I'd have to keep moving it from hat to hat, jacket to jacket, vest to box and so on. At least in my wallet I always have it on me. The way I see it, as long as they get their 38 dollars, should keep it where won't loose it.

Offline Crappiehunter1981

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2015, 06:13 AM »
I was checked twice last year and verbally warned by the Fish Commission Officer that I should display it. He pointed out on the license that it states "Must be Displayed".  He played it off that e would not cite me, however one of his Deputies might.  I explained to him on both occasions that I have a newer Parka and I did not want to degrade the integrity of the water resistant characteristics of my parka by punching holes in it.  After the second time we had this conversation, I agreed to pin to my life jacket and put the life jacket on when I saw him or one of his deputies coming.
Did not get checked for the rest of the season.  lol...

Offline alex1young

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2015, 09:23 AM »
Going to get mine today.  First time in my lifetime the price went down. 

Offline Petros

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2015, 09:31 AM »
Biggest bargin ever! Going to see a couple of movies costs more. Personally I wish they would raise the price to restore trout fishing to the way it was 5 yrs ago! If it were $100, I'd be the first one in line to buy one and id have a smile ont face!

Offline bigyellowdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2015, 10:05 AM »
 Agree with you about the 100 dollars but would like to see the extra go into warmwater, like walleye fingerling stockings. Still a bargain IMO.
you skin Grizz, pilgrim?

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 09, 2015, 10:59 AM »
Agree with you about the 100 dollars but would like to see the extra go into warmwater, like walleye fingerling stockings. Still a bargain IMO.
amen! Heck with those stocked trout, they are stocked to many of those slimey pellet eaters. No challenge. Would love more walleyes, muskie, panfish, pike stockings. Real fishing is much more rewarding

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 09, 2015, 04:14 PM »
I haven't displayed my license for about 5 years now. I've been checked a dozen or so times with it being in my wallet. I never haveany fish commissioner say anything about it not being displayed. Actually if I had to display it,I probably would loose it is usually forget to take it because I fish often in so many different places and different weather conditions that I'd have to keep moving it from hat to hat, jacket to jacket, vest to box and so on. At least in my wallet I always have it on me. The way I see it, as long as they get their 38 dollars, should keep it where won't loose it.
that's how I feel to new on the ice. I always have my wallet been doing it for atleast 20 yrs and they tell me almost everytime they check me that they could fine me because its not displayed ,but they don't cause they are so nice :callcops: :woot: :woot:

Chute82

« Reply #18 on: Jan 09, 2015, 05:00 PM »
If the fish commission used the $100 wisely I would not have a problem paying it. The problem is they blow the money on stupid stuff.  I rather give the $100 right to the hatchery knowing its going to be spent on raising fish and not giving the higher ups their new chair for the office

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 09, 2015, 08:58 PM »
amen! Heck with those stocked trout, they are stocked to many of those slimey pellet eaters. No challenge. Would love more walleyes, muskie, panfish, pike stockings. Real fishing is much more rewarding
Absolutely!! They can't even raise trout that are not polluted when they stock them. Why put money in raising polluted fish that rarely reach 12". At least that's how the trout are in western pa.

Offline DRoberts

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 09, 2015, 10:38 PM »
I run a wire leader through mine and then attach it to a belt loop on my pants.  I do find it kind of ridiculous that you to have it visible.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Jan 10, 2015, 05:04 AM »
I like the idea of the button because it reminds me of when I was a kid and my Dad had them besides $5 isn't going to make or break me.  He also had buttons from a few hunting clubs with dogs and other animals on them.  I wish I could find them but God only knows where they are. 

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 10, 2015, 07:20 AM »
when I had it visable they always asked to see it anyway so whats the difference.i can believe I am not going to see a bunch of pink pins stuck through your goretex out there on the ice :'( :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.