New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Found Honey Hole Again!  (Read 2428 times)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Found Honey Hole Again!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 05, 2015, 06:11 AM »
will get a weight on him tomorrow before i filet him..thanks for all the congrats guys....young fella i had with me had a great time...wanna try and find some of them walleyes that the great lake of onieda has.....
Those eyes are just waiting for ice is all  ;)

Offline IcemanADK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 05, 2015, 08:06 AM »
Nice work. Keep that spot silent.
Went to one of our local crappy spots and it has been demolished. Noticed it over the past two years, but this year really made it hit home that the increased pressure has had a terrible affect. Unless it's a big body of water like Champlain or Black Lake, they really struggle under pressure.
Trouble is, as your seeing, these small puddle-ponds with crappies in them can sure put out some giants and be a seriously good time.
"As I grow older, I've come to suspect that I have got it backwards, and that life, at its best, is a metaphor for fishing and writing. Or perhaps neither side of any metaphor is finally dominant, the one inextricably tied to its contrasting likeness, no longer merely a point of comparison but yoked in a new existence to its other self."
Wayne Fields

Offline Holmesy_1369

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 05, 2015, 08:58 AM »
Now those are some nice fish!

Offline d_balm24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 05, 2015, 09:14 AM »
Nice crappie!!! Too bad you aren't in the NYS Winter Classic, could have been a top placing fish! Enter and then get back out there for another! @)
SLAMMER calis. I'm sure someone from the Champlain area who are in the winter classic will bring some BIG ones caught from the Vermont side over ;) ;D

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #34 on: Jan 05, 2015, 10:40 AM »
SLAMMER calis. I'm sure someone from the Champlain area who are in the winter classic will bring some BIG ones caught from the Vermont side over ;) ;D

As long as they abide by NYS law, I don't mind what side of the pond it comes from! If I understand the ruling right, as long as you launch from the NY side of th lake, the whole waterway is fair game. Correct me if I am wrong!
Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

Offline Fishcicle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 05, 2015, 10:47 AM »
Good Job.  Nice fish.

Offline d_balm24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 05, 2015, 10:58 AM »
As long as they abide by NYS law, I don't mind what side of the pond it comes from! If I understand the ruling right, as long as you launch from the NY side of th lake, the whole waterway is fair game. Correct me if I am wrong!
I don't know. I was hoping you could tell me the ruling on that

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.