Author Topic: For the vexilar crowd.  (Read 8534 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
For the vexilar crowd.
« on: Dec 15, 2014, 06:33 PM »
Just wanted to give a show out to just how absolutely crazy Vexilar is with customer service. Over the last year or so a friend of mine & I had bought four tri beams between the two of us. ( One on my FLX28 double vision, One on my FL8SE, and one on my friends FL22. (His first tribeam cracked after about 6months and bought another tri beam to replace it before we knew vexilar had issues.)

Recently, my friends 2nd tri beam had the red area crack. So we called into vexilar. The company rep said that they had gone with a different manufacturer to make the tri beams, and that the potting material used by this company wasn't right. They thought that they were running a 10% failure rate. Which he said is far above the less then 1% rate vexilar had established. They are now having a different company make/produce the TriBeams.

He told me that any defective tri beam sent in would be replace no questions asked if done before Jan 1st. Then after Jan 1st Tribeams would only be replaced if a recipt showed that it fell within the warranty dates of purchase. The

Long Story short, We sent in my buddies two cracked TriBeams in for a new TriBeam & ProView. Then I inspected my two TriBeams.....it looked like some hairline cracks were starting so I sent them in and had two new TriBeams sent back. They are a new style and fit into the ducer holders on the packs nicely.

Old style

New style TrBeam-looks like the old dual beam transducer......thinki ng they went back to original manufacturer of their transducers.

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: For the vexilar crowd. 👍
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2014, 06:38 PM »
Good customer support there. Good luck with the new ones.

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2014, 06:47 PM »
The only time i ever called Vexilar was to see where they sell Vexilar Pullover sweatshirts.
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2014, 06:49 PM »
Glad Vexilar came through for you. I've called them a few times, and they have always been helpful.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2014, 07:02 PM »
Glad Vexilar came through for you. I've called them a few times, and they have always been helpful.

Yeah they just continue to impress me.  I called about the small tackle box that cracked on my ultra pack after two years of use a few years ago to see if I could buy one. They sent me one free of charge.

I called a month ago to get the male plug that comes off one of the flex lights for putting a power plug on the uv led lights for a glow cup to dip lures in for on my vex. They sent one free of charge with the male and female ends.

Hard to not do business with a company like that.

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2014, 07:06 PM »
Glad to hear , just switched my main unit to the 28  always like to hear the good with companies .
I did have good response from marcum last year when had bad trans and motor went out in head unit

Offline MadPerry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2014, 07:10 PM »
OK... now I'm confused and pissed.  I sent my tri-beam back a month or less ago and was given only the option of a pro-view, 12, or 19 degree ducer.  They stated there were no available tri-beams as replacements, and certainly not a newly redesigned version.  They can have their pro-view back!  I want one of those new tri-beams!

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2014, 07:14 PM »
Pros the way to go imo

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2014, 07:24 PM »
OK... now I'm confused and pissed.  I sent my tri-beam back a month or less ago and was given only the option of a pro-view, 12, or 19 degree ducer.  They stated there were no available tri-beams as replacements, and certainly not a newly redesigned version.  They can have their pro-view back!  I want one of those new tri-beams!

I'd call them. I put in the box when sending back that I would take a pro view and a 12* ducer unless they had the tribeams from the different/new manufacturer, If they did I'd take one of those vs the 12*. They just must have gotten them in. They sent me two of the new Tri Beams. Which I'm hppy to have and would rather have over pro view.

Offline MadPerry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2014, 07:46 PM »
I'd call them. I put in the box when sending back that I would take a pro view and a 12* ducer unless they had the tribeams from the different/new manufacturer, If they did I'd take one of those vs the 12*. They just must have gotten them in. They sent me two of the new Tri Beams. Which I'm hppy to have and would rather have over pro view.
Just sent them an e-mail about it.  Will see how that goes.  What ticks me off is that I was told there would be no replacement for the forseeable future, and weeks later there is a new unit.  Just used the pro-view yesterday and it is not going to work for me.  Clearly inferior to a working tri-beam.  I'd buy one if I could find someone selling them...

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2014, 08:01 PM »
Just sent them an e-mail about it.  Will see how that goes.  What ticks me off is that I was told there would be no replacement for the forseeable future, and weeks later there is a new unit.  Just used the pro-view yesterday and it is not going to work for me.  Clearly inferior to a working tri-beam.  I'd buy one if I could find someone selling them...

How long ago did you contact them about it?

Yeah that is why I've kept with the tri beam. I've fished from under 10 ft of water to as deep has 70feet around here. Plus fishing in a shack next to a guy in sub 10-20feet of water regularly is nice to be able to narrow or widen your beam to keep his lure off of your screen.

Offline prestonc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2014, 08:28 PM »
That sucks, I literally just threw my tri beam in the trash because I thought it had to be something I did!

Offline MadPerry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2014, 04:57 AM »
How long ago did you contact them about it?

3 weeks ago.  I shipped back thr tri beam and waited for the pro-view.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2014, 09:20 AM »
Keep us posted on what happens.

Offline RapidsJigger24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2014, 10:24 AM »
I also contacted them about 3 weeks ago after I found a crack in my tri-beam.  Haven't sent it in yet, and was also told there were no tri-beams being made anymore. 

Interesting for sure...

Great company though!  Thought about switching to a digital Marcum but I'm glad I stayed with their company.

"Got me a marlin!"

Offline MadPerry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2014, 11:25 AM »
Happy day.  Contacted service and they are exchanging the  proview they sent me for one of those shiny new tribeams.  They did say they were limited and had just received them.  Did not know in advance of any coming in.  They were great as usual to deal with.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2014, 03:13 PM »
I'll let you know how they work when i get back from my upper red lake trip. It looks lie they must have went back to the company that made the dual beam they previously had. It looks like it should be good. Figured Vexilar would make it right with you.

Offline Reelemin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: For the vexilar crowd.
« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2014, 05:19 PM »
It's hard to go wrong with the company that Started the electronic Icefishing Revolution!

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2014, 09:26 PM »

the new style has just came into Vexilar in the last two weeks. they probably didn't have them yet and they were not going to say anything until they had them in hand first.  I just got my old tri beam replaced with one of the new ones. had it out once so far and am happy with it. now I just hope they will start to sell them again. if they do I will be putting the tri on all my units.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 19, 2014, 08:32 PM »
Well got home from upper red. The new tribeam worked very well. I'm extremely happy with it.

Offline iceslider

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2014, 08:17 AM »
Getting ready to purchase a new flx28 how can you tell if it has the new tri beam.
Well I ain’t often been right but I never been wrong
Seldom turns out the way it does in the song

Offline youngster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EAT OR BE EATEN
« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2014, 08:37 AM »
I think fl28 uses the pro view.
youngster

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #22 on: Dec 21, 2014, 10:37 AM »
the new tri beam isn't out yet. you'd have to call and exchange the ducer it came with

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 25, 2014, 11:54 PM »
the current supply of the new style tri beams are only for those that have the old style ones that are bad and have sent them back to vexilar for replacement . hopefully Vexilar will put them on the market after while since they seem to be popular. as for the FLX-28 it only comes with the pro view transducer.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #24 on: Dec 26, 2014, 12:28 AM »
the current supply of the new style tri beams are only for those that have the old style ones that are bad and have sent them back to vexilar for replacement . hopefully Vexilar will put them on the market after while since they seem to be popular. as for the FLX-28 it only comes with the pro view transducer.

If vexilar stops offering a changable beam, i know I would change brands and think a lot of others would look to do the same.

Offline MadPerry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 26, 2014, 04:42 PM »
Well got home from upper red. The new tribeam worked very well. I'm extremely happy with it.
Ditto this.  Works flawlessly for me.

Offline MadPerry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 26, 2014, 05:00 PM »
If vexilar stops offering a changable beam, i know I would change brands and think a lot of others would look to do the same.
That may be true, but I would not.  My Vexilar setup is like my comfortable spot on the couch.  Would never be the same with any other couch...I mean ice sonar unit. ;D  Still waiting for them to show an lcd unit...

Problem is, if you have had a taste of the tri-beam, you can't go back to a ducer with only one angle.  Unless you fish the same spot all winter. 

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 26, 2014, 06:06 PM »
That may be true, but I would not.  My Vexilar setup is like my comfortable spot on the couch.  Would never be the same with any other couch...I mean ice sonar unit. ;D  Still waiting for them to show an lcd unit...

Problem is, if you have had a taste of the tri-beam, you can't go back to a ducer with only one angle.  Unless you fish the same spot all winter.

I really like vexilar, and their products. However, in this day and age putting a single beam ducer on a unit that a person will fish from 3 to 70 feet deep water like i do is just stupid. Not having the flexibility to adjust your area of intrest that the ducer shows is just down righ stupid.

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 29, 2014, 07:17 PM »
  X100. I just bought the flx28 with the proview and took it back. Got the fl18 with the proview, same thing my jigs look huge even with the gain all the way down and in low power mode. Fished in 5' to 17' of water. Not happy! Really looking hard at the Marcum LX5 and I've been a Vex guy for years, never thought of any other brands tell now

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #29 on: Dec 29, 2014, 07:21 PM »
  X100. I just bought the flx28 with the proview and took it back. Got the fl18 with the proview, same thing my jigs look huge even with the gain all the way down and in low power mode. Fished in 5' to 17' of water. Not happy! Really looking hard at the Marcum LX5 and I've been a Vex guy for years, never thought of any other brands tell now

I've got the FLX28 with a New TRIBEAM. Thats what you want. I dont know why vexilar pushes the proview so hard.......unless your fishing lakers in deep water who the heck would need it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.