Author Topic: Has anyone fished White Lake or been to Cedar Cove Resort?  (Read 1664 times)

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hi everyone just wondering if you think it is worth making a ten hour trip to Cedar Cove Resort on White Lake? I've searched a couple forums and have not found all that much information on the Lake.
Tight Lines!

Offline Happy Hooker

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Has anyone fished White Lake or been to Cedar Cove Resort?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2014, 09:14 PM »
I have been to Cedar Cove Resort for ice fishing, the resort is A-ONE, fishing was hit and miss.
 If you have a 4 wheeler and go futher out in the lake you can locate some decent spots.
I have seen some nice walleye iced.
 A ten hour drive, how bad do you want to catch a few  fish..................

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2014, 04:17 PM »
Happy Hooker: thanks for the response. We would be up there for about 4-5 days but I had no idea what the fishing was like. Do you have any better suggestions? I don't want to travel further west than Simcoe.
Tight Lines!

Offline Happy Hooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2014, 10:27 AM »
I am from the Ottawa area, How close are you to the Bay of Quinte.
If the ice is on I hear this can produce big time.

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2014, 07:48 AM »
Quinte is about 8 hours from me, the only problem is I'm planning my trip for the first week of January so I doubt there will be enough ice on the Bay
Tight Lines!

Offline Bigbassmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2014, 09:01 AM »
Myself and DL from the board gave it a try yesterday, opposite the resort. Only one walleye for our efforts buts a load of largemouth and some perch to keep us busy. Although thinner along the shoreline, the ice was anywhere from 4-7" out to 13' of water. Unfortunately there was 8-12" of snow and some spots slush so it held us up from scouting too much. Still great day considering the 2 1/4 hr drive. Will be glad when things tighten up closer to home. Then it's Quinte!!

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2014, 10:17 AM »
Thanks Bigbassmon I greatly appreciate it!
Tight Lines!

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2014, 12:20 PM »
Keep in mind bass season closed Dec 15th - up here you can't fish them catch and release which I believe you are allowed to do south of the border. We had great day last weekend there, but I certainly wouldn't drive 10hrs to fish that lake.  That said it may be a good place to stay, fish White lake a bit and then try some other lakes.  I've not explored that area at all, but there's lots of good lakes around there.  Calabogie would be one, but if you call Cedar cove and get the number for the local bait shop, there's a really informative guy there named Morris that may be able to point you to some good trout spots.

I'd say you probably will be ok for fishing Quinte in January, but you could always check reports on quinte fishing forum also.   What are you looking to target?   
Tight lines

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2014, 11:22 AM »
TheDL Thanks for the response, I'm looking for primarily either big Lake Trout or big Walleyes I know Quinte has some big Eyes I'm just not sure what hut service to choose because I'm driving so far I want some big fish
Tight Lines!

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2014, 12:08 PM »
Well, I'm not sure about the lakers, but big walleye you best bet is quinte, or maybe somewhere along the st lawrence river...iroqouis perhaps?  Not sure about hut operators on quinte, check the quinte fishing forums.
Tight lines

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2014, 02:37 PM »
TheDL thanks for your help! I think I'm going to end up just getting a guide and he will take me to either Simcoe or some back lake
Tight Lines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.