New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SLED REGISTRATIONS  (Read 4513 times)

Offline PERCHEYE74

• IceShanty Rookie
  • BASSCOTT99 WONDERING HOW BUZZ CATCHES THE FISH
SLED REGISTRATIONS
« on: Dec 29, 2005, 06:12 PM »
JUST WONDERING HOW EVERYONE FEELS ABOUT PAYING A HUNDRED BUCKS NEXT YEAR TO REGISTER YOUR SLED. WHAT A RIP OFF. THE GUY THAT WANTS TO JUST TAKE HIS SLED OUT ON THE ICE WILL HAVE TO PAY THIS EVEN IF HE DOESN'T USE THE TRAIL SYSTEM. WHAT IS NEXT OUR ATV'S? OUR STATE POLITICIANS ARE TO ME JUST A GROUP OF BLOODSUCKING IDIOTS AND HAVE NO USE FOR THEM. I GUESS I AM JUST P!SSED OFF ABOUT HOW THEY JUST NICKLE AND DIME THE WORKIN MAN TO DEATH!!!!! >:(

bonkfan14

Re: SLED REGISTRATIONS
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2005, 06:14 PM »
amen  :%$#!: :%$#!: brother....

Offline cnyfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love the perch fillets!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2005, 06:18 PM »
as long as the money goes to an actual trail fund I am fine paying extra for the ATV regestration...without a price increase--going toward a trail fund there will not be anywhere to ride my quad in the summer. but I think that $100 is a bit too much. just my $.02
"Let them take it... till the minnows good and took. Ya reel up all your slack, then ya set your hook."

Offline gair-z

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2005, 06:21 PM »
Double Amen.. I'm from just south of the border - I read a NY daily paper, get my TV news from Buffalo..  I feel for y'all up there.. you guys get absolutely hammered with taxes, fees, etc..  it's unfathomable..  :-\

here's to great days on the ice where ya don't have to think about all tha bullsh!t... 
gair-z
Pres.    Cuba Lake Crappie Killers (pre Ice Shanty) (defunct)
2007 1st place Cuba Lake Wizard tourney - Perch
2013 1st place DSO Ice Tourney - Bluegill

bonkfan14

« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2005, 06:30 PM »
as long as the money goes to an actual trail fund I am fine paying extra for the ATV regestration...without a price increase--going toward a trail fund there will not be anywhere to ride my quad in the summer. but I think that $100 is a bit too much. just my $.02
still cant ride atv's on most trails during the summer as it is...i love my 4-wheeler but limited to where you can go...zeke...

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2005, 06:46 PM »
woo hoo 100 for registration 75 for insurance 5 dollarsfor a gallon of gas  looks like ill have to work and go one welfare to keep up lol
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2005, 07:16 PM »
     Thank God, Thank God, Thank God...!, ...that this has finally happened to those of you who thought you'd be immune when us MOTORCYCISTS, yeah, you got it, BIKER TRASH, uh-huh, DIRTY NO GOOD DRUNKIN', RAPIN', TERRORIST MOTHER TRUCKERS, were gettin' it up the ice-hole by the same folks who 'Coddeled' you through our times of needing YOUR support because in was for ALL of us, you idiots.
     TOOOooo late, they gotcha, now yer cryin' in yer beer saying "...them Bikers was right. We shoulda' stood behind them when they were out in front of the Capitol in Albany bein' threatened and arrested by the cops while trying to get our sponsored bills through the Assembly and Senate of New-now, pay us-York.
     Ask me about pounding the halls of the legislature 'till I'm blue in the face and threatened with arrest if I don't leave peacably. Yeah, right !!! Have a gun pointed at you so you'd leave the hallowed halls of our legislative enclave. Oh yeah, right, you thought it was about HELMET LAWS THAT SUCK...,
     ... and forgot about your future, 'till now. Quitcher whining and pay up. Us MOTORCYCLE-BIKER TRASH-AND ETC.- have been paying our tab, and yours in case you don't know it, since 19 god%#@;** 68, and you're just complaining about it now?(DUH?). Get a &^#%%@#:""&** grip.
     They separated us and whittled us down and you did NOTHING, NOTHING, Nothing, nothing, to stop it, and now I'm GLADDDdddd to say...I TOLD YOU SO.          So, the next time you see some grungy old guy with a grungy ol' Lady on an old,(or new), Harley, Triumph, Vincent, Wizzard, or whatever, give a tip o' the hat and a slouch into your JAPANESE auto seat,(we'll recognize it even if we're old dontchaknow), and remember to support the 'Crazies' out in front of the Capitol on the news,(for our alloted 7.5 seconds).
       It wasn't only our rights we were lokkin' out for, it was OUR RIGHTS !!! ...and since you had an indirect hand in givin' 'em up QUITCHERBITSCHIN' and pay up, and remember the "Old Times", an' tight Lions...!
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2005, 07:22 PM »
ya'all had to get me started didn't ya. the next s.o.b. that says to me "you can use the trails just the same as everyone else",is gonna get a size 13 boot up his butt.The sled I have goes 25-30 mph top end,I'm not sure but I think that might be a little too slow for trail riding.I'm really not in to getting creamed on a trail.My sled is strictly for ice fishing. They say if I join a club I can get the discount. Well I have a question for them,would you be pi$$ed off if the state said you have to join a PRIVATE country club in order to play golf at a stae golf course....... of course you would.I kinda think this a good comparison. Oh well,ya'all had to get me started didn't ya.Any one agree with me out there..........Now don't get me wrong,I don't mind paying my fair share but I think $35 is plenty enough to pay to not ride any trails...Just another point of view

Offline Ray4852

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2005, 07:41 PM »
Don’t blame the politicians for all the problems on the trails today. The idiots that operate the atvs and snowmobiles are the blame. Look at all the accidents we have had the last few years with them. They’re pricing you right out of your sport. Another few more years you wont be able to afford to operate one. Why do you think I got rid of my snowmobile for because it made no sense to me to pay out all those fees just to lug my gear out on the ice? If you want your toys you are going to reach deep down into your pocket.

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2005, 07:49 PM »
perch, if you join a snowmobile club the fee is supposed to remain at $45.00 dollars. i just joined a club in walden, n.y. the dues are $10.00 dollars a year. if you want the name & address of the club let me know. i;m not happy about it either but it beats the $100.00 bucks. walt

Offline gair-z

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2005, 08:52 PM »
     Thank God, Thank God, Thank God...!, ...that this has finally happened to those of you who thought you'd be immune when us MOTORCYCISTS, yeah, you got it, BIKER TRASH, uh-huh, DIRTY NO GOOD DRUNKIN', RAPIN', TERRORIST MOTHER TRUCKERS, were gettin' it up the ice-hole by the same folks who 'Coddeled' you through our times of needing YOUR support because in was for ALL of us, you idiots.
     TOOOooo late, they gotcha, now yer cryin' in yer beer saying "...them Bikers was right. We shoulda' stood behind them when they were out in front of the Capitol in Albany bein' threatened and arrested by the cops while trying to get our sponsored bills through the Assembly and Senate of New-now, pay us-York.
     Ask me about pounding the halls of the legislature 'till I'm blue in the face and threatened with arrest if I don't leave peacably. Yeah, right !!! Have a gun pointed at you so you'd leave the hallowed halls of our legislative enclave. Oh yeah, right, you thought it was about HELMET LAWS THAT SUCK...,
     ... and forgot about your future, 'till now. Quitcher whining and pay up. Us MOTORCYCLE-BIKER TRASH-AND ETC.- have been paying our tab, and yours in case you don't know it, since 19 god%#@;** 68, and you're just complaining about it now?(DUH?). Get a &^#%%@#:""&** grip.
     They separated us and whittled us down and you did NOTHING, NOTHING, Nothing, nothing, to stop it, and now I'm GLADDDdddd to say...I TOLD YOU SO.          So, the next time you see some grungy old guy with a grungy ol' Lady on an old,(or new), Harley, Triumph, Vincent, Wizzard, or whatever, give a tip o' the hat and a slouch into your JAPANESE auto seat,(we'll recognize it even if we're old dontchaknow), and remember to support the 'Crazies' out in front of the Capitol on the news,(for our alloted 7.5 seconds).
       It wasn't only our rights we were lokkin' out for, it was OUR RIGHTS !!! ...and since you had an indirect hand in givin' 'em up QUITCHERBITSCHIN' and pay up, and remember the "Old Times", an' tight Lions...!

wow Chainsaw..  I've never quite saw a post like that before..   :o  and I don't even wanna say 'I know where yer comin' from' cuz I don't..  but I can tell ya this... everytime I think about sh!t like this it upsets me too.  one of these days there will be a rebellion.... majority rules..
now I'm gonna start thinking about flags tomorrow and the New Year coming up..  cheers. :) :)

gair-z
Pres.    Cuba Lake Crappie Killers (pre Ice Shanty) (defunct)
2007 1st place Cuba Lake Wizard tourney - Perch
2013 1st place DSO Ice Tourney - Bluegill

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2005, 09:39 PM »
I do not own a snowmobile, so maybe I should just keep my mouth shut. I know the clubs get a substantial part of that for trail maintenance. What would irk me if I had to pay it is that a local club is considering building a clubhouse. If they can afford a clubhouse, do they really need that much funding from the state?
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2005, 09:53 PM »
uh whats a snowmobile registration?

what about vintage sleds do they get a break?
sportin the 71 skidoo

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 30, 2005, 06:27 AM »
      I really am sorry about what's happening to the sled/atv folks out there but you aint seen NOTHIN' yet. Wait 'till the issue of mandatory liability insurance comes up, like it did with motorcycles. It'll be 'No Fault' glorified. Your insurance rates will go sky high unless you folks opt for what we Bikers have. If you get hit on your motorcycle you automatically go to 'Pedestrian' status.
      If you get hit and are severely damaged, the hospitalization your paying out yer a$$ for might not cover you because you engaged in a 'Dangerous Activity'. Insurance will pay your property damage right away but then you'll have to hire an attorney to sue for personal injury and such.
      Your 'Credit Score' will drop and you'll pay higher insurance rates for EVERYTHING you have to insure, including your house. Your 'Credit Score' is determines your inclination to sue someone if they damage you. You don't sue??? Ha !!! In New York State you HAVE TO SUE, it's the law, to recover damages when you get hit on your motorcycle.
       Yeah, I say again. WE TOLD YOU SO. You all should have supported the BIKERS when they recognized and tried to prevent this sort of thing, since 1968.

All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #14 on: Dec 30, 2005, 07:09 AM »
I think it sucks hind T^T >:(  !! I have an atv too and they want to raise that reg also. They also wanted to start a pistol permit fee every year, look how much our sporting liscence has gone up!! Our local trails usually suck so don't believe the $$ is going to the trail system till you see it, and I can't see them opening up ANY atv trails where I live, it's all Forest preserve.

Everyone needs to email or contact their local state representatives and bit@h and complain and tell them you'll vote their a$$es out of office if they don't do something!!!

Robb :tipup:

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 30, 2005, 08:52 AM »

Everyone needs to email or contact their local state representatives and bit@h and complain and tell them you'll vote their a$$es out of office if they don't do something!!!

Couldn't agree with you more.

Offline cnyfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love the perch fillets!!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 30, 2005, 10:58 AM »

Absolutely
"Let them take it... till the minnows good and took. Ya reel up all your slack, then ya set your hook."

Offline Ray4852

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 30, 2005, 04:16 PM »
Vote the politicians out. I don’t think the people are smart enough. Problem today people are too passive and lazy. To much computer and TV. It’s a shame the country is going too the dogs. I feel sorry for the young kids today. I hope they have better morals and values then our society has today.

Offline 9fingers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • You try tying a knot with 9Fingers!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 30, 2005, 10:33 PM »
Maybe I should just stud my cycles tires and use that..... :tipup:  ;D
"The problem with the rest of the world is..their a few drinks behind" Humphrey Bogart

Offline HillBillyRomeo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 31, 2005, 02:18 AM »
I have to say that I saw this coming...and I don't think it's over yet. I sold all of my sleds (3) and gear about three years ago. At that time, I had about $15K wrapped up in the sport. Prior to that, I had ridden snowmobiles for about 25 years. This all started when sleds gained in popularity amongst the yuppies. The number of registered sleds in NY skyrocketed in a few short years. Then, the state noticed. Like anything else, the state decided that they were going to get a piece of the pie. I got out of sledding when I saw trails getting overcrowded, insurance premiums going up and clubs fighting over state funding. It's too bad because it is a very fun sport.

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 31, 2005, 08:14 AM »
There was talk about this years ago. I too have 1 snowmobile left, a 94 Arctic cat ext with under 1,000 miles on it. One of the reasons for the big jump in regestration fees will be due to abuse of privileges! You can point fingers at the politicians but it all boils down to the public who ride. First off its the clubs who go out getting permision to use private lands for the trails, and its the clubs who insure the lands in use. It is also up to club IF they want state money to maintain the trails such as grooming, marking trails and making sure the people who use the trails STAY ON THEM. Numerous times Drunken riders have gotten off the trails and abuse the landowners rights which causes hard feelings between landowners and clubs. Another reason is due to the liability of the landowner. Many times a rider who gets hurt on private property tries to sue the landowner along with the club. I know of 1 case where 2 guys on 1 sled got off the trail because both were drunk, the driver ran into a tree killing the passenger, Now the family of the dead man and driver BOTH  tried to sue the farmer because there was a tree lying on the ground which they hit and flipped causing the death of the ride. The lawyer claimed that the farmer should have cut the tree up and removed it. DUMB huh! Nothing was done about both rider being so drunk they couldn't walk before the accident. Needless to say the farmer closed the trails. The suit was dropped but the trails there remain closed to this day.The clubs have a insurance policy for this but the last time I heard it was for a million dollars, not too sure if that was raised or not. Most accidents on snowmobiles are alcohol related with speed being a factor also. Here in Erie county NY with having the economic probems we have. There is no money for law enforcement on the trails which pretty much leaves it open for the idiots who own snowmobiles to go partying get drunk and drive one of these things without the worry of getting ticketed for DWI. If you want a cheap pass for regestrations join a club very simple. As for ATVs I can tell you most landowners have a firm belief that they cause more damage to property than the snowmobiles. I don't think that at all but yet these machines CAN be used during summer, and the snowmobile clubs do not insure the trails for summer riding. In all the years I have not seen nor heard of any clubs forming for ATV only riding. Maybe the complainers are too lazy to start some. Now I understand a lot of guys use the sled just for icefishing and 100.00 bucks for that use is expensive. I kind of feel that again it was abuse on the part of a few that always wrecks it for everyone. If the state was to put a separate regestration for guys who only use there machines for icefishing, that would be abused too, so even though I do not belong to a club I would recommend anyone who wants to use there machine to join one. Club regestration is cheap with a lot of benefits, after all they are trying to protect the rights of not just the riders also the rights of landowners. Even if it is to benefit the club to get more trail millage.
Just my .02
Cold Feet

Offline ronwhtgmc

• IceShanty Rookie
  • the thicker the better
« Reply #21 on: Dec 31, 2005, 11:03 AM »
I sold my quad 1 year ago and at that point they HAD to be registered, HAD to be insured, HAD to wear a helmet. and the kicker was that the only legal place you can ride it is in your own private poperty our other private property with written permission. You can blame the "wild ones" all you want but it is the gov't that makes the rules. Thats just another way for gov't to divide us into voting blocks. remember the term "divide and conquer"? let's also remember the term "united we stand".
have a happy new year everybody! stay safe on the ice and if y'all go out tonight!
don't mind me...I'm just an icehole

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 31, 2005, 03:37 PM »
Posted by: ronwhtgmc 
Insert Quote
I sold my quad 1 year ago and at that point they HAD to be registered, HAD to be insured, HAD to wear a helmet. and the kicker was that the only legal place you can ride it is in your own private poperty our other private property with written permission. You can blame the "wild ones" all you want but it is the gov't that makes the rules. Thats just another way for gov't to divide us into voting blocks. remember the term "divide and conquer"? let's also remember the term "united we stand".
have a happy new year everybody! stay safe on the ice and if y'all go out tonight!

He got it right! I sold my Quad as soon as I moved back to NY. My buddies where paying to register them with the state, mandatory insurance and helmets and it is ILLEGAL to ride them on the STATE PROPERTY yours and MY TAXES pay for.
Change some letters here, OR NOT- Chuck the Cash Holes in Albany because your dollars go to buy their Limos and drivers.

Gary
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline Ray4852

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 31, 2005, 04:24 PM »
 Why should an ice fisherman pay this 100-dollar fee if he doesn’t want to use a trail? People that use the trails let them pay this fee. I don’t see any accidents out on the ice with these snowmobile and atvs. We have too many rules and regulations now. this new fee is going to the special interest.

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Dec 31, 2005, 04:43 PM »
Something thats in the works thats  going to happen in 2007.Inspection stickers will no longer run out at the end of the month.They are dividing it into 3rds with a color that represents it,when the sticker has expired within that month. Last one left in NEW YORK shut off the lights......
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline Ray4852

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #25 on: Dec 31, 2005, 05:17 PM »
What I heard on the new inspection law you have to get it inspected before the end of month. People like myself like to wait till the end. 1/3 of all drivers today that operate a motor vehicle don’t get them inspected.

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 01, 2006, 07:38 AM »
I've had it with snowmobiles. This year with my neighbors we are posting our land for the first time. Not only do these guys wiz right thru my lawn at all hours of the night sometime coming within 50 feet of my house they are downright rude. I've complained about it to our local club several times and they did nothing about it. I always hear about the few percent that are bad apples. I think its a lot higher than that. together we have nearly 200 acres of land that will be posted. We are  thinking about hiring a couple of snowmobilers as "hit men" to go after these guys and get registration #s as I doubt posting will do much good as some have cut fences to get through etc. Fighting fire with fire I guess.

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Jan 01, 2006, 08:46 AM »
     It's too late to do anything about it now except possibly file for exceptions regarding use on the ice to haul disabled people and stuff, not race around dunking sleds and quads into open water,(two drowning deaths last season).

I can't for the life of me believe that none of you have complained enough to the manufacturers and dealers, and their related accessories sales and manufacturing LOBBYISTS to do some of your legwork and prevention of their loss of buisness. What does not surprise me is that you folks only get/got upset when the seasonal use of these things occurs, and not before, when the legislative process was going on.

There is a lot more to this problem than meets the eye too, what with trespassing and damage to private lands and the threat of law suits,(say wha...?). Oh yeah, almost forgot, there's LAWYERS involved, but not on your side. What you're going to have to do is band together with the BIKERS who've had many many years of dealing with this kind of stuff, and how to deal with the legislature. William Shakespere had it right when he said, "First, kill all the Lawyers...".
     Our MOTORCYCLES are a viable form of transportation. You can go back and forth to work, and/or travel around the country at will, and if you're brave enough and live in the right place, ride all year 'round, which we do. Frequently, throughout the winter when the roads are clear, Sherry rides her Harley to work at 5:30 or so. One season I even ran my trapline using just the bike with saddlebags and pack basket.
      I cannot think of any real reason to run a snowmobile, or a quad, or strictly 'Off Road' machine anywhere, anytime, other than for RECREATION RECREATION RECREATION, which makes you a TARGET. It took us BIKERS years of hard work to get motorcycles OUT of that classification via DMV and the legislature. At one time, right up into the mid seventies, motorcycles were recreational vehicles. We even had to be 'Lumped' together with snowmobiles and stuff and the DMV used THEIR accidents to compile statistical numbers to initiate the GD HELMET LAWS. IE: Two kids jump a snowbank, land on a highway and are killed by a car. They had no helmets, as if that would have saved them, but those 'Helmetless' deaths get crunched into our motorcycle statistics.
      A Mr. Charles Bostic was head of Statistics at DMV in Albany. He robbed a bank in Western New York and went to prison. That's the kind of statistics monitor we had to put up with for several years.
      Keep this in mind, and think aboout it; If motorcycles had not been invented as of yet, they would not EVER be allowed to be made, or driven on the public roads. Untill just a few years ago the New Jersey Turnpike was CLOSED to motorcycles, period. It took legislative action on the part of the BIKERS, at the federal level, to use Blackmail/Extortion in order to get them to allow motorcycles on the 'Pike.
      Many States had Local Laws preventing motorcycles from using roads and parkways paid for with public funds. After we,(BIKERS) went to Washington, and won our case, States that used any Federal funds had to allow motorcycles on those highways. Harley Davidson was the ONLY manufacturer of motorcycles in the world to take a hand and help us, along with any other groups that had an intrest in motorcycling as something other than a 'Recreational Sport', which translates to LUXURY in the eyes of the legislature.
     Our WORST enemy in this process was A$$emblyman Tom Frey from the Buffalo district, who got all his information from the idiots at Strong Memorial Hospital, who said motorcycles should be BANNED altogether. Even the military got involved then, on OUR side. We have not won our initial case regarding those stupid helmet laws since 1968, but jumped in early enough to prevent the kind of things you're seeing now happening to you.
     Never mind trying to deal with your problems through the legislative process,(VOTE "EM OUT - yeah right). I'll bet that 7 out of ten of the folks on this board, complaining, did NOT even VOTE in the last election, so yer pi$$in' in the wind there, but it was a nice thought. (We should try a WHO VOTED topic to see that I'm right.).
      What all of you folks should do, before you lose your 'Rights' altogether is; 1. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BIKERS via ABATE of New York. They are familiar with the process and the increase in numbers would make a big dent if it included all the legislated vehicles, even watercraft.
      2. Tell the sellers, suppliers, and manufacturers, of the stuff you buy that you will ONLY, EVERMORE, buy from those who help support your freedom to use the stuff as you intend, not some 'Clubbie' who hates fishing, and make THEM hire professional lobbyists to cover the legislature and it's process. They'll do it all year 'round.
     Be absolutely sure to tell them that you won't mind paying them a bit more money for their products as long as it goes directly toward lobbying for your intrests and rights. At least you can check on THEM to make sure they use this extra money properly 'cause they have to file disclosure statements regarding where the money went, not like the State, who took our 'Volunteered' extra license and registration fees for RIDER EDUCATION and used it to make more signs saying "No Motorcycles Allowed".
      ...and #3. REGISTER TO VOTE, AND DO IT. It's the voter REGISTRATION numbers that mean stuff to these politician$, 'cause that's who they're playing to, the people who could vote for them, not the people they know aint gonna vote 'cause they didn't register to vote. YOU count only when you're involved. Many people I know tell me they don't bother 'cause they are not interested in politics. Remember this......,
      "Just because you are not interested in politics does not mean that politics is not interested in you."
            (I'll send ten dollars CASH to the first person who can tell us who's first credited with saying that, and when they said it.) I'm putting the $ into a stamped envelope right now. Give us the name and ping me personal with the address to send it to after you post it. First correct answer wins. All this in the intrests of Education.

-SUPPORT OUR TROOPS- some of 'em are mine.

Offline youngster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EAT OR BE EATEN
« Reply #28 on: Jan 01, 2006, 10:28 AM »
bwa hahahahahaha     hey ray dont blame politicians???? i dont see the average workin man askin for a fee increase!!!!!!! and to all who dont care cause they dont have the toys????  WAIT till they charge you tax for sittin on the public ice,,,, wait till they charge  for takin up space in the publics woods    and WAIT  till they start chargin a property tax for your burial plot  bwa hahahaha   LETS WAKE UP PEOPLE  chainsaw was right   we shouldve listen. just cause it dont pertain to us at that given moment doesnt mean they wont eventually get to what we like. they have to find revenue somewhere to pay their wages. we happen to be the ones that will pay.  HAPPYNEWYEAR ALL..  united we stand ....devided    we,re falling
youngster

Offline Ray4852

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 01, 2006, 02:06 PM »
Jeff the people make up the government of this country. We are the only people on this earth that can get rid of our government if we don’t like it. If the people are brain dead our government will be brain dead too. The special interest is running thing today. Most of the people today don’t know a thing about their elected officials. You get your information from the newspaper and TV. Most of it is all-false. Our government took the power away from the average working man today. Years ago we had power. 80 percent belonged to a labor union. We got our information from the union. They educated us on what politicians voted for us, we went out and did our job on Election Day, We got rid of them. Today the people vote for there turkey calls guns and fishing rods. I’m still the old style voter. I vote for my job.  I know who I’m voting for. I vote for my interest. I know what these politicians stand for. It’s a different country today. People’s values are all different. I can see it every were I go.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.