Author Topic: HELP WITH FRABILL ICE SUIT  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
HELP WITH FRABILL ICE SUIT
« on: Nov 20, 2014, 06:57 PM »
Hello everyone!! I'm looking to find a Medium Frabill ice suit within $250. I've looked all over and found one last year but the seller ran out so if anyone knows a site that offers one in that price range I'd greatly appreciate it. Here a pic of it the one I'm speaking of.

http://m.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Frabill-IceSuit&i=435514&r=view&cvsfa=2586&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=343335353134&kpid=435514&gclid=CjwKEAiAv7ajBRCIldS7rp7wzFkSJAAA1n4DN23Ybio5qV9EiG-UOflAbo1PhSg5p1us3wchFz_xfBoCeSrw_wcB

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: HELP WITH FRABILL ICE SUIT
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2014, 08:36 PM »
Thats going to be a tough find ..its been discontinued and a lot of retailers had closeouts on them last year  .What about the I series of suits by Frabill?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2014, 08:38 PM »
 Looked last year everywhere ad cheapest I found was $260 purchased it but they never got anymore in which was a big disappointment. I glanced but they all seem crazy expensive so I'll take a second look. Thanks for the reply.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline WiscoJiggin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2014, 08:55 PM »
My wife picked it up for me on black friday.  Pretty sure she paid ~250 and got it at either a gander mountain or a cabelas.  I would just keep watching on various sites for the next week or so.  Between black friday and cyber monday I think you could find it at close to that price.  I love the suit and have used it a lot!
Fishing is a delusion entirely surrounded by liars in old clothes.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2014, 10:58 PM »
I just bought the new I2 frabill suit. Paid a little over $300. Gonna be tough to find a deal this time of year.
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2014, 12:58 AM »
My wife picked it up for me on black friday.  Pretty sure she paid ~250 and got it at either a gander mountain or a cabelas.  I would just keep watching on various sites for the next week or so.  Between black friday and cyber monday I think you could find it at close to that price.  I love the suit and have used it a lot!

That is true.. I didn't think of that. Good call. I'll definitely keep an eye out.

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2014, 12:59 AM »
I just bought the new I2 frabill suit. Paid a little over $300. Gonna be tough to find a deal this time of year.

How do you like it? Does it have the fleece lining or just the shell?

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2014, 02:33 AM »
I've been wearing the Frabill grey suit (the lighter weight one) for 3 years now and I give it AAA+.

It's waterproof, wind proof and roomy where you need it. The bibs have full length zippers and although the Velcro closures can be a pain when donning the suit, they do their job. It's true 3 season outer wear.

Why buy an over insulated ice suit that's too warm unless it's really cold out. Warmth is a function of layers. With today's fleece and micro fiber fabrics, it's easy to layer according to the conditions. It's also easy to remove a layer or add to suit changing conditions.

I've used my suit on the boat spring and fall and on the ice in the coldest of temps and never been uncomfortable. I think I paid less than $200.

Just one old fishermans opinion ;D
Hrg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2014, 02:50 AM »
That will be a tough find but I sure wish you luck. Frabill builds a bullet proof ice suit, I have been enjoying mine for 5 years.

WS

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2014, 04:05 AM »
I've been wearing the Frabill grey suit (the lighter weight one) for 3 years now and I give it AAA+.

It's waterproof, wind proof and roomy where you need it. The bibs have full length zippers and although the Velcro closures can be a pain when donning the suit, they do their job. It's true 3 season outer wear.

Why buy an over insulated ice suit that's too warm unless it's really cold out. Warmth is a function of layers. With today's fleece and micro fiber fabrics, it's easy to layer according to the conditions. It's also easy to remove a layer or add to suit changing conditions.

I've used my suit on the boat spring and fall and on the ice in the coldest of temps and never been uncomfortable. I think I paid less than $200.

Hrg

A buddy I fish with often has the gray suit you speak of and like it. Another reason I wanted the Black ice suit was because we do some winter camping along with our ice fishing . Those gray suits are comfortable though I will give you that. Hmmmmmm.

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 21, 2014, 04:06 AM »
That will be a tough find but I sure wish you luck. Frabill builds a bullet proof ice suit, I have been enjoying mine for 5 years.

WS

Thanks I'll need it. Haha. Let me know when you're ready to sell yours.

Offline 4x4elk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 21, 2014, 06:06 AM »
Have you looked on amazon? I got the black last year for $280.00
FIND'EM, CATCH'EM, FILLET'EM, GRILL'EM & EAT'EM

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2014, 06:07 AM »
got the ice suit several years back from glen's army & navy, got it marked down from 399 to 269. the out fit seems to run a bit on the small size but the product is dynomite. i can only where the bibs in the most extreme cold days

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #15 on: Nov 21, 2014, 08:57 AM »
Keep an eye on Reed's Sporting Goods for Black Friday, they usually run their sales through that weekend. Bought my Frabill Snosuit last year during their sale, wouldn't trade it for anything!

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 23, 2014, 02:50 PM »
Have you looked on amazon? I got the black last year for $280.00

Last year I bought one for $263 but it was on back order and the never got anymore in stock so I got boned unfortunately.. Lol

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 23, 2014, 02:52 PM »
Keep an eye on Reed's Sporting Goods for Black Friday, they usually run their sales through that weekend. Bought my Frabill Snosuit last year during their sale, wouldn't trade it for anything!

Sweet!! I'll definitely keep and eye out for that sale. Should be a busy day searching for one on black Friday haha. Thanks!!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18 on: Nov 23, 2014, 04:34 PM »
Sweet!! I'll definitely keep and eye out for that sale. Should be a busy day searching for one on black Friday haha. Thanks!!

PM sent

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #19 on: Nov 23, 2014, 05:13 PM »

Hrg
X2
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.