Author Topic: Atv homemade super V plow  (Read 7206 times)

Offline thewyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go hard or go home
Atv homemade super V plow
« on: Nov 11, 2014, 04:04 PM »
Okay so heres my issue i have got a honda rancher and the the things a beast. untill about 2 ft of snow, so i was considering weldin up an adjustable V plow to knock the brute of the snow out of the way, im talking like walter snowfighter grade v plow here. Im looking for commects and concerns befor i go ahead here. ( id be building from the push tubes forward and i would be building it heavy duty)
go hard or go home

Offline FrostBack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Vegetarian: Cree word meaning poor hunter!
Re: Atv homemade super V plow
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2014, 04:11 PM »
Okay so heres my ossue iv got a honda rancher and the the things a beast, untill about 2 ft of snow, so i was vonsidering weldin up an adjustable V plow to knock the brute of the snow off, im talking like water snfighter grade v plow here. Im looking for commects and concerns befor i go aead here. ( id be building from the push tubes onward and id be building heavy)

I hope you can build better than you can type...otherwise I suggest you buy a blade from your local ATV shop!!

The difference between an 8" hole and a 10" hole is.....a 10" hole will usually give you your boot back!

In the food chain of life...its not good to be referred to as: "a good eating size".

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2014, 04:58 PM »
LMFAO
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline thewyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go hard or go home
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2014, 05:34 PM »
Im all thumbs here pal, and the building wont be the issue.
go hard or go home

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2014, 05:50 PM »
Could someone please translate  ???

WS

Offline Svengalli

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2014, 06:02 PM »
Could someone please translate  ???

WS

Here's my attempt.  Trying to help.

Okay, so here's my issue I've got a Honda Rancher and the thing's a beast, until it get's in about 2 ft of snow.  So I was considering welding up an adjustable V plow to knock the bulk(?) of the snow off.  I'm talking like water snfighter (sorry I have no idea) Grade V plow here.  I'm looking for comments and concerns before I go ahead here.  I'd be building from the push tubes onward and I'd be building heavy.

Ohh... I see the OP made the adjustments.  Sorry was just trying to help.  Ahhh.... Walter Snowfighter.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2014, 06:07 PM »
I wouldnt go heavy I would try to keep it a lite as possible,55gal drums would be lite and already have ths curve in them with a little work you could cobble up a plow, do you plan on riding just on the ice or on trails also? You wouldnt want to catch a stump or a rock going to fast that may cause some damage to your quad and possibly yourself, also the angle of the plow is important when it comes to getting the snow to roll out the sides of the plow, I know this first hand, I have 22 years of operating snow cats under my belt and if your blade is at the wrong angle you will fight more snow than plow it so it may take a little time to get it tuned in but it is very doable with the right tools and materials good luck I hope it works out for you

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2014, 06:13 PM »
Well everyone's got opinions..we had 2 light plows on a couple of 450 Yamahas.  Good for about 6 inches of snow and then they would ride up on the snow,  the following year got the heavier model, no more problems.  Next you really want to make sure you have some sort of spring loaded break away if you hit something solid with the blade.  Otherwise you'll be the missile going over the handlebars into the snowbank.   It may be good to look on Kijiji for a good used one.
In addition rather than burning out your winch, breaking cables and hooks, the newest item is an electric actuator, similar to a hydraulic ram  see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gefNFA2OeE

Offline thewyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go hard or go home
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2014, 06:56 PM »
The plow would be romovable and manualy lifter
go hard or go home

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2014, 05:47 PM »
I think the best thing a ATV company could do is make a machine that could run a snow blower. You can push snow with a blade or a V plow all you want until it piles up and freezes. You can get any 18 hp lawn tractor or bigger and a blower and throw snow 50' or more. I think it would be cool to have a big quad that you put that on. No more snow problem !!
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2014, 06:31 PM »

Offline thewyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go hard or go home
« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2014, 09:28 PM »
When im going i just want to rip open my own path, snowblower goes too slow, i would get enough head speed to bust the drifts and blast the shallow stuff away.
go hard or go home

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline Tomkeller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2015, 05:51 AM »
Save time just get on craigslist and buy one. Then its done right. And there is no blasting through drifts, goodluck with that right on top and the stuck with a snow plow up front.
2014 Bennington Pontoon Boat! 22SSX

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.