Author Topic: reeds sporting goods  (Read 4589 times)

Offline Big Dawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
reeds sporting goods
« on: Dec 26, 2005, 08:10 PM »
anybody ever deal with them online? thinking about buying an aqua vu from there cause you get a free case with it?  how are they for service and everything?

-Dave
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Offline icechopper

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: reeds sporting goods
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2005, 10:51 PM »
I purchased my vexilar and strikemaster auger from them. I did not purchase on-line because I had questions and I wanted to talk to someone. They were very helpful and my order was shipped out the same day. I would definately order from them again.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2005, 12:47 AM »
They are the best. I ordered a Vex a couple years ago, the help sent the complete wrong thing. I called early in am the owner said 'hey we screwed up' sent me a big box of vex stuff said put it together the way you want and send rest back or not. I did.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline Woodguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2005, 07:01 AM »
They are good, as I have dealt with them before,  but I prefer Thorne Bros and will give them my business when possible. The owner of Reeds comes off as kind of a bigshot.

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2005, 08:05 AM »
I'll agree about the owner thing, however, I only spoke w/ him once over the phone when I purchased my shanty 3yrs ago.  Very speedy delivery.  Shanty arrived 3 days after I ordered it, I believe they are out of Walker, MN?

Anyways... friendly service, seemed pretty prompt, and they do have a good selection of products... I'd have to give Reeds a thumbs-up for sure, although, I do prefer ThorneBros...  I don't think you'll have any probs w/ em Big Dawg.... no more than ya would w/ any other good business online  ;)

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2005, 11:51 AM »
My b-i-l just bought an Otter II shack with them. They made a good deal on it. There were a couple of bars missing for the seat. They shipped them next day. The cover he ordered didn't ship with the shack. When he called about the bars he was told the cover was back ordered. When he placed the phone order he was told that they had everything.

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2005, 04:01 PM »
BigDawg:  BEWARE!   I had ordered a power auger from Reeds (due to the good deal ::)) and had to call 3 times before they finally shipped it.  When it arrived it was not only the wrong one, but had gas in the tank!! (no lie).  To top that off, they double charged my credit card for two augers, when all I had in my possession was the wrong one and a USED one at that (not only did it have gas in the tank, but the auger itself was chipped and scratched).  When I brought this to their attention, they could care less.  NO ONE at REEDS ever apologized or took responsibility.  I could go on (if you need more info, PM me).

Free case for the Aqua Vu?............I wouldn't buy an Aqua Vu from them if the camera was free if I bought the case >:(

Do yourself a favor and buy from someone reputable who stands behind their products with excellent customer service:  Thorne Bros, Cabelas, Fish307 and I'm sure there are others.
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2006, 04:31 PM »
Baginwal - WOW - that makes me think that I must have gotten really lucky when ordering my shanty w/ no problems!  YIKES!  I think I might reconsider ever ordering from them in the future.  Thanks for posting your story for us... definitely gave me some insight on how they might actually care about their customers.

Regards,
WF.

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #8 on: Jan 03, 2006, 05:22 PM »

I haven't ordered from them in two years due to bad experiences. I ordered a Vex Ultra Pack and they sent a Reeds Pack .. yet I was charged for the ultra. After no satisfaction from Reeds it took a call to Vexilar to contact Reeds for them to exchange it. Another time I ordered a charger and it came without a box and looked used. When I called they were out of the chargers so they substituted one and the charge was for the original I ordered.
When my credit card wasn't credited back for the Ultra Pack screw up I called. The owner was rude, abrupt and pushy. When I first tried to explain what had happened he cut me off and said get to the point. When I told him you haven't credited back my credit card for shipping he than said explain what happened. I then said that's what I was doing when you abruptly cut me off.
I've found many other sites (such as Fish307) who go out of their way to be helpful and get the order right. If there were a problem they would call ... not substitute.
Just my experiences !

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 03, 2006, 07:48 PM »
I have put 3 orders with them. I have two of them. So far so good. Hopefully have the other this week.

Hard to argue with someone that has had a bad experience though. I am quite ripped at amazon.com right now and will probably never buy from them again based on their mistake and lack of correcting it. They pooched my order pretty bad then didn't fix the issue after talking with several reps. It was like I was either talking to a machine or someone so clueless that they were reading off stuff right out of a book on what to say.

I think in todays world you are either taking some chances ordering online or just have to settle what is in your neighborhood of stores (both price and selection).

Now you just have to ask youself one question before you order. "do you feal lucky? ... well do ya" 8)

Offline Jangus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 03, 2006, 07:56 PM »
Wow.  Look how Reeds reputation dies throughout the time of this thread.  At the beginning its great, at the end they suck.
Craving ice...

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2006, 09:14 PM »
My "final" order cam in from Reeds.  >:( 1 of the 3 st croix avids has a tip missing. A little bit of newspaper in the box would have prevented this. What a dissapointment.

No more Reeds for me. I don't care how cheap their prices are.

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2006, 08:22 AM »
It is a good store to visit in person. Nice local sporting goods store.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.