Author Topic: Clam Ice Armor Un-insulated Bibs  (Read 1807 times)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Clam Ice Armor Un-insulated Bibs
« on: Oct 10, 2014, 11:50 AM »
Does anyone have a pair of these? I just bought some for this year. I mostly stay warm with just Long Johns,a pair of pants and some light bibs now. So I went with the un-insulated Clams since they have the padded knees. My other bibs would leak through the knee area.
<===Lefty===

Offline chop1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Clam Ice Armor Un-insulated Bibs
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2014, 12:39 PM »
i bought that set last year , they are fantastic , stayed dry all season , just layer up as the weather changes . ;D

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2014, 01:23 PM »
Love mine. They stop the wind and the padded knees are great. The padded butt feels weird at first but I love it now. Layering is key to stay warm. Because they are not over the top warm like the insulated models, I wear mine in the boat allot too. They are also sealed up good enough to use as rain gear

Offline sorenson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2014, 03:36 PM »
I love mine; they are a great product.  The only 'downside' identified in mine was a bit of a leak in one knee after an encounter w/ my Nils auger blade... :'( 
I have a backup pair now.
s.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2014, 07:43 PM »
I'm sure I will like them. Wind and water Proof is all I really needed. With 300 Plus sunny days in Colorado I am usually hot after drilling a few holes. I strip down when using the Pop up tent. I go out side to cool down half the time.
<===Lefty===

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2014, 03:01 PM »
Got the bibs today. I am 5'9" and 180lbs. The medium I ordered are just right for me. I will have my long johns a shirt and a pair of pants on and be good to go. I also in the early mornings need my heavy jacket of course but once the sun comes out I will go without it. The wife has the insulated ones and boy there is a big difference for sure. She doesn't wear long johns and is toasty warm always.
<===Lefty===

Offline Rejean1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2014, 12:45 PM »
I bought a pair last winter.  Love it. I have my long johns under and a pair of pants. I am 5'11" and 145lbs.  I have medium, a little loose but small would have been to tight. Not a problem.
I am looking to buy an insulated one for extra colds days ???

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2014, 06:48 PM »
I've had them for years & have yet to be too cold to fish. when it's real cold, ua cold gear & wool pants go underneath. The padded knees are great for site or tip up fishing :tipup:

Offline the force

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2014, 09:48 PM »
Just about to pull the trigger on a set of these but wondering if there are any other options for light weight bibs? The pictures aren't that appealing and I can't find a set to try out.
 I have a pair of Polar Fire bibs but don't like them, very bulky and I am usually sweating bullets. I walk in to quite a few spots so, light and breathable is key. I fish interior BC, weather is generally around -10c...lots of flood water as well so waterproof is a must. Will layer poly long johns and fleece pants under them.
Any other options or advice?
Thanks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.