Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 246351 times)

ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #7320 on: Jan 11, 2017, 03:54 AM »
              Good morning WS, ER's,
                      Happy Birthday Bud, Like Marv said wish many more! :clap:
                      Well yesterday we got out on the big lake, LG, and it was disappointing at the least. We got to a hot spot
              from last year, Jon set 1st and nothing, I set up 1st hole right of the bat I caught a dink Perch, then nothing.
              We moved all over the place and still couldn't dial them in, then my flasher screen lit up, I had something big on
              it turned out to be a Smallmouth Bass, :%$#!: Then said that he was going to set up some tip - ups , His comment
              was if I'm not catching I might as well not catch Salmon or Lakers. We continued to jig after we got some tip-ups in,
              then I got a flag on my deepest tip-up, it was a hit and spit, bait was dead, I put a new one on, got back to jigging,
              The flag went off again another hit and spit, about 2 minutes later Jon hooked on to the Laker it took him a while
              to land it, it was short! After a while a guy I know came out and said he was on the other side of the lake and said
              that he didn't catch one Perch, I said well you're wasting your time here we're not getting any. He drilled a bunch of
              holes and fished everyone of them, he left. We weren't far behind him. A very disappointing start on the King, I hope
              it had something to do with the weather changing!

My Bass

The bay!
                       I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out fishing, I'm blowing snow this morning about 6"
               fell overnight!
                      I see Eddie posted while I was typing, sorry to hear about the truck, is it worth finding a used transmission?

IW

Capt.Jim-N.J.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Captjimbergen@aol.com
« Reply #7321 on: Jan 11, 2017, 05:08 AM »
Good Morning, Everyone

It's raining out so the temp. is above freezing, 37, supposed to go to the mid 40's, snow and ice are gone off the deck and driveway

Happy Birthday

I.W. - At least it was not a total 'goose egg', even thou not a good day -  the best are yet to come

Mason - Sorry to hear about the wheels, how far did you have to travel to get home after hose let go? If time for a newer one, get what you want, not what you need

W.S. - The changing weather does not help any being sick - Get well quick, the fish are calling, I can hear them

Hope the W.W.'s made it ok to fishing camp

Treatment was good yesterday, the room was warm this time, 2 down-43 to go - with this rain, any ice nearby is going to dangerous, supposed to stay warm to the weekend,
     ppfftt

Time to prep. before leaving

For those working/fishing - Stay Warm - Be Safe - Have Fun
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7322 on: Jan 11, 2017, 05:52 AM »
I am sure glad, I must have a natural immunity to the flue. I have not had a bad cold since I started drinking a cup of OJ for breakfast every morning. Now if there was something that could make my worn out body go back 20 years.

We had 5 inches of new snow on the ground yesterday morning. I got it all blown just as the sleet started which luckily turned to rain fairly quick. It rained for a long time. The winds were blowing 30 and gusting to the high 50's. Quiet this morning but below freezing so the roads must be icy. Waiting for day light to see if any trees went t down on the lot behind us.

I talked to my son last night. He got 3 inches of snow and had to go to work so he could not get it blown so his drive is a mess.

EDDIE To bad about the tranny. At least you could fix the line and then refill the tranny to check it out. My 83 explorer has not dip stick or fill tube so it has to be put on a lift to check and fill it.  Brilliant engineers.

wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7323 on: Jan 11, 2017, 07:09 AM »
Morning all from Waskish MN,

Finally made it thru some nasty travels. Will be on the lake this afternoon. Not sure of cell service out there so may or may not be able to give you updates.
WS....feel better soon,  I know there'should a walleye or two waiting for you ;)
Happy Birthday Bud!
Eddie....sorry to hear of your truck issues, always something huh?
IW...better luck next trip, at least you were able to get on some ice.
Capt....continued good luck with your treatments, thoughts & prayers sent.
TT...careful on those roads.
Have a good day stay safe.

Yoopergirl

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #7324 on: Jan 11, 2017, 08:50 AM »
Happy Birthday Bud!!

WW sounds like you travelled thru the stuff that hit my area yesterday.  I'll be heading out on Upper Red on Friday morning for 3 days.

Picked up a nice pike that went into the short board area yesterday.

Gotta go blow the crap that fell from the sky last night!!

OldSailor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #7325 on: Jan 11, 2017, 09:18 AM »
Bud, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! If that's your cake that Marv posted a picture of, I hope there wasn't a problem getting a permit from the fire department!!  ::) Warm temps and rain here for the next couple of days!! The only ice is going to be on my back!! It popped out this morning!! Heading for bed with it now!! Everyone have a better day than mine!!  ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7326 on: Jan 11, 2017, 09:49 AM »
Good Morning ER's  hang in there OS the back issues are a B have many myself. Bud happy b-day and many more. YG good luck on Red someone else on this thread is out there now you might be able to get the latest info or hook up together. Eddie sorry to here the tranny situation I know new would be ultimate; there is a way to check junk yards nation wide had to search for rare parts before. IW hope you have a better outing next time your pic looked awesome I like seeing ice like that. Marv your lucky the feeling is temporary no need for flashbacks don't ask how I know that. Captain hope your treatments run smooth as possible. have a safe day to all

Yoopergirl

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #7327 on: Jan 11, 2017, 01:18 PM »
Red Lake is out for me,  positive for influenza.  Guess my time off from work will be sick time not vacation time!!

Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7328 on: Jan 11, 2017, 01:24 PM »
ouch YG get well and try again

tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7329 on: Jan 11, 2017, 04:05 PM »
Red Lake is out for me,  positive for influenza.  Guess my time off from work will be sick time not vacation time!!

Got to love it when your job makes it mandatory to have a flue shot!!If and when I have to go in a care facility there is going to be a an old buzzard walking or crawling out the door if the force me to have a flue shot. With over 50 years flue free no way are they shooting that stuff into me.

Yoopergirl

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #7330 on: Jan 11, 2017, 07:27 PM »
I didn't get the flu shot, haha.  I actually JUST signed the declination form!!

bobbernobber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7331 on: Jan 11, 2017, 07:30 PM »
No flu shot here : ;D

IFF

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7332 on: Jan 11, 2017, 07:41 PM »
Wow Marv, that's some cake you baked up there.  Thank you all for the wishes.  I had planned on hitting the ice this morning, but it doesn't look anything like the quality of Jeff's bay, mostly white ice, what with the 60 degree day, and 25 mph winds, called it for a different day.  So just spent the day tinkering.

Hope your treatments continue to go well, and do what its supposed to Capt.

Good source of C Tom. Being I am in contact with the "Public" so often I get the shot.

Now that your there WW's hope you have a blast.

Old Sailor,yeah a dozen fire extinguishers should be on hand  :whistle: Ouch on the backside.

Dang on the trans Eddie, think a used trans, could be a good option, unless you land a killer deal on a different truck.

Mindy  :sick: hope you tell it to get  :nono: lost

Bud

ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7333 on: Jan 12, 2017, 03:41 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      It's raining here this morning so I'm not headed out today, I don't mind fishing in the rain if I'm out and
             it starts when I'm out but I have this thing about getting out a dry truck into the rain! ::)
                      Capt.......I'm glad to hear that the treatments are going well!
                      Wally.......I hope your stay is a good one!
                      Eddie........Good luck with your decision on another truck or a tranny replacement!
                      My #2 and #3 sons went fishing last night, I haven't heard how they did, I'm waiting for a report! MW didn't
            go, he was up most of Tuesday night plowing and most of yesterday!
                      I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out on the hard water!

IW

masoneddie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #7334 on: Jan 12, 2017, 03:52 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
41* this am on the Hill, light rain, high of 49 expected with some scattered rain showers throughout the day...hoping the lakes hold up, some colder weather coming back in tomorrow.
Bud...considered a used tranny, but think I'm just going to let it go..with all the salt used on the roads here, everything underneath is a rust colony...time for a newer version, leaning on 4 wheel drive again. Are the Kokanee's or lakers worth chasing on some of the higher lakes and reservoirs?
Mindy...that sucks about the influenza and cancelled trip....get well soon!
Mike...sorry to hear about the back problems, awful...hope you're feeling a bit better today!
Wally...hope the fish were hungry yesterday...enjoy!! 
Jeff..great pictures, thanks for sharing your trip. How much ice did you find out there? Hope the boys did well last night!   :thumbsup:
Marv...hope that bug is letting loose of you and the wife also...sounds like its going to be one of those seasons again, lots of people down with it here also.

Meet up with the wrecker yesterday afternoon to have my truck transported to the house. My insurance company covered the tab less $19 for an additional 17 miles....probably the best deal i'll get this year!!
Still sticker shocked on the new vehicle prices...wow, crazy numbers! Hoping to score something affordable by this weekend without a mortgage payment attached.
Not much to report at the job, pretty routine days lately. The mouse harvest still remains at 6, we put some sticky traps down yesterday. Couple of bold ones have been running around avoiding the other traps.
Only two more days to go until hitting the ice again....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Boss Spoons

ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7335 on: Jan 12, 2017, 04:21 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
Jeff..great pictures, thanks for sharing your trip. How much ice did you find out there? Hope the boys did well last night!   :thumbsup:

Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!
                Eddie...... There was 4.5 inches, but if you notice that break a little ways out it was only and inch!

IW

Whopper Stopper

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7336 on: Jan 12, 2017, 05:08 AM »
Good Morning IW, Eddie. Good Morning Everyone :bow:

I slept like a baby last night. What the heck Eddie! You should put a patent on that evening elixir :woot: The wife asked me what I was celebrating? I told her Eddies cure! :thumbsup:

Rain sucks IW don't blame you a bit. All season long it's like that with us. If we are into a job and the rain starts we battle to work through it. If it starts before the first job gets started, you would thing everyone was made of sugar.

I noticed by the time Bud rolled in last night all he got to eat were the crumbs to his cake  ??? I may have to send him one of his own lol

I hope your back is better OS :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Have a Great Day!

Nothing on the planner again today. I need to get the woodbox loaded for a tonight's dip into the -10 temps. By next week we are supposed to hit the 30's and yes, I am heading north for a day of fishing mid-week.

Take care everyone. Wishing you luck if getting on the ice :icefish:

WS

Capt.Jim-N.J.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Captjimbergen@aol.com
« Reply #7337 on: Jan 12, 2017, 05:37 AM »
Good Morning, Mason, I.W., Guys and Gals

Cloudy, damp, almost 50*f right now, supposed to get sunny later

Mason - Good Ins. Co., 20 bucks is cheap for the extra mileage, all you want to do is get a truck-not buy the company

W.W.'s - Glad you made it o-k, limits and records, have fun

I.W. - Hope the boys have a good report

I.F.F. - There is always something to play with

Y.G. - Rock & Rye

Sailor-Goat - When the back goes out, ain't nobody happy

T.T. - Some people can just naturally fight it off with out a sniffle

My Dr. passed on the shot this year for pneumonia for me, said I was good till next year, more afraid of that then the flu - After treatment, will check some ice locally with the
     dog, this weather stinks, I can hear the ice groaning for help, come on cold

Time for final prep. for treatment

Stay Warm - Be Safe - Catch Limits and Records - Have Fun

Good Morning, W.S.

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

mealworm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7338 on: Jan 12, 2017, 06:04 AM »
Morning every 1. I was beat last nite went to bed at 8 and slept through till 630.....I never sleep through the entire nite like that,must of been wooped from plowing I was up for over 36 hrs without a nap,plowed for 12 hrs.I did not habe the new guy help as we didn't have to plow about 15 driveways they didn't get much snow.was hopi g to fish today but I didn't have anyone to go with,I don't mind fishing in the rain and miserable weather as long as I have company u know what they say about misery loving company.
Speaking of misery my daughter has some sort of stomach bug thing simolar to what my sin had over xmas....poor kid I'm sure wife and I will get it too.
Mind hope u feel better and beat the flu quik
Marv nice bday cake was tasty,glad eddies recipe helped u sleep I may give it a "shot" myself hope ur feeling better
Eddie hang in there couple days till weekend then to the ice,unless u end up truck shopping,I know price tags can be scary but now with brand new u can extend payments longer to get them down.my 1 ton dump loan was for 82 months but we make by weekly payments cuts the loan back down to 66 months so not paying forever
Capt good luck with the treatment today hope all goes well for u sir thoughts are with ya
IFF happy belated bday sir hope u get some cooler temps back and hope the warm up dosent hurt ur ice too bad
TT I never get the fly shot either I just wash hands often and hope for the best,my wife and kids got the shot though
WW hope the fishing is good for ya out west good luck
Hope every 1 I missed is also doing well recovering well and getting on some good fishing  have a great day every 1 and stay safe

IFF

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7339 on: Jan 12, 2017, 06:36 AM »
Good morning ER's  I might have to look back and see what Eddies cure all is all about, I might have to declare I am sick, and try it just for kicks.  Something was said about our high country snow, 100 year something.  ??? No working till after the 14th, but not heading to the ice yet either.  Need a few things picked up at the grocery store, so might as well get that done early.  Sure sucks having rain this time of year when we are all chomping at the bit.  See MW checked in while I was pecking away.

Well Marv at least the crumbs didn't amount to a 5# weight gain for me. 

Coffee pot needs some fresh brew,  Think I got the last cup

Hope everyone Makes the best of your day.
Bud

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.