Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1650120 times)

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #7890 on: Feb 28, 2017, 06:46 PM »
Jeff stay off the planks please you crazy old fart...  :P     ;D
I cant bealieve your kids going out in the dark tonight...   I'm ready for it to be over, only 54 more days till spring trip..   Were going open water fishing on the river tomorrow (depending on the weather) for walleyes and what ever else bites...

This is what I have been doing.. A few greenhouse pictures and more tomorrow...

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7891 on: Feb 28, 2017, 07:00 PM »
Dang Raquette......that looks like a LOT of work  :roflmao: :bow: :flex:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7892 on: Feb 28, 2017, 08:21 PM »
Raq   It looks like those Hollanders in Michigan taught you well.

I was just setting in the front room watching a program on the DVR when I thought there was a cop car out front by the blue flashes. Then the thunder caught up with the lightning. Luckily as usual Lake Michigan tamed down those storms that were raising cain in Illinois when the came across.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #7893 on: Mar 01, 2017, 03:58 AM »
Good morning early risers still riding the weather roller coaster highs near sixty today with rain and possible thundery storm ,then cooling down by Friday to more seasonal temperatures.
UFCreel with your background think you have the dog training covered. Very nice of you to help your older neighbor with the German Shepard. A well trained dog is a joy to be around and spend time with just have to watch the sporting breeds that have been trained for retrieving birds. Friends have a German wire haired pointer if you take your shoes off around him he thinks it's a bird and carries the shoe around in his mouth until told to come and leave the bird.
Eddie glad you had a good time at the concert and the following work day was not to hectic. Most of the streams in my area are also running high and cloudy from the recent rain.
Whopper Stopper looks like you will be busy for awhile with the various side jobs. The open seasons for several of our gamefish hear in NY. end on March 15TH. (Walleye, Northern Pike and Chain Pickerel)
IFF good luck if you get out fishing today. Best wishes with the job search.
Old Goat may the Univ. of Wisconson Men's basketball team finish their season on a strong point. I know the NCAA tournament is right around the corner.
Wallyworld may the weather let you move your boat this weekend.
Racquettedacker good fishing to you also if you get out today. You have done a lot of planting in the past few days so enjoy your time on the water.
Mealworm another option for the windshield washer pumps maybe auto salvage yards. Hope last nights fishing trip yielded some nice walleyes.
Ice Wanderer sorry to read about your soaking glad you made it back to shore alright. Ditto the comments on fishing trip.
Capt. Jim enjoy the quite time home alone with your dog. May your remaining treatment sessions do their intended job .

Have a good "Hump Day" everyone . To all fishing stay safe and best wishes.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #7894 on: Mar 01, 2017, 04:04 AM »
Good Morning Steve, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day and welcome to March!
48* with light winds this am, high of 63 predicted with some rain today.
  Steve...hope work has been well, do you trout fish? Only a month away!
  Jeff...sorry to read you got baptized again...glad it was only up to the waist though! Got a good chuckle with the reply to Marv... :roflmao:  Hope the night trip was a success.
  MW...good luck with pump problem, hope it's a cheap fix. Looking forward to your reports from the overnight trip as well...picked a good night, hope the ice was holding.
  Marv...hope the side job went well and you finished up yesterday. Maybe the weather will be a little more friendly today for you to start the trailer mod...good luck!
  Capt...Congratulations on hitting the single digits, awesome!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Hope today's treatment goes well, enjoy the peace and quiet!!
  Bud...good luck today on the maiden voyage, hope the boat runs well and the Walters are starving!
  Wally...I'd imagine the chances are good to get an early trip in with the boat! Wishing you luck!
  Dom...great pictures, you've been busy! Looking forward to seeing them all grow up....thanks for sharing!

Pretty busy day at the Capitol yesterday, lots going on now. A big group from AARP arrived early, very nice polite group of people. Another group was filming a documentary on health care for the disabled close to where we were working, very interesting group for sure.
 Have been seeing a very large group of deer the last few mornings taking advantage of a farmers hay field on my ride in....large as in 20-30 at least, look like a herd of cattle with the high beams on. With the odd warm temperatures, maybe the new shoots are popping up already. Going to see if I can snap a photo this am if they're out.
 Looks like its that time again....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe ( especially if walking the plank )  ;D, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7895 on: Mar 01, 2017, 04:20 AM »

Good morning Steve, Eddie, ER's,
                        Dom......I'm with Wally, that sure is a lot of work, it going to keep you busy for a while! :flex:
                        Capt......You're getting close to the end of your treatments! :clap:
                        Steve.....It sure has been a roller coaster alright, and March, anything can happen! :woot:
                        Marv......Maybe with all the side jobs you have, you can start your own business! :pinch:
                        Well last nights trip was good for MW and Jon ny they each had a lot of flags, MW got two eyes and
                 Jon got one, and I didn't even get a flag, and a few Pickerel and Rock Bass!
                        Bud.......Good luck if you get out on the boat!
                        Well Eddie It's Hump Day again I hope all you ER's have a great day either at work or out doing something!

IW

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7896 on: Mar 01, 2017, 04:48 AM »
Mr TomTurkey

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7897 on: Mar 01, 2017, 04:59 AM »
Good Morning Everyone mr.clean, Eddie, IW!

Happy Birthday Tom! :clap: :clap: (Thanks for the heads up Raquettedacker)

mr.clean your weather sounds as crazy as ours. It is hard to plan anything around here it seems.

Sorry to hear you had a slow night with the fish IW. I was anticipating a picture with your big smile holding some nice ones. Maybe you will be able to get out again without risked to soaking the berries ?

Have a good "Hump Day" Eddie! :thumbsup: I hope you have been practicing with your new phone camera so come prime fashion season you can share

Excellent pictures Raquettedacker you have a beautiful layout :thumbsup:

Best to you for the day Capt! You have to be getting excited :clap:

WW have a good day. I can't wait to see what's next on your agenda ;)2

We were greeted with an inch or so of snow this morning "yuck", then it is switching over to rain later. Looks like at least one more day before I can get a start on my trailer mod. Today will be a relaxing day in the garage tinkering.

Good luck to those fishing. Stay safe :thumbsup:

I need to bring the wife to the bus in a bit.

WS

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #7898 on: Mar 01, 2017, 05:35 AM »
Morning, Gang

Supposed to get to 70* this afternoon, with rain on & off all day, then plunge to just above freezing for a few days with slow climb back up to the 50's by next week

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, T.T.

I.W. - BBBRRR, das cold

R.D. - Beautiful Pics. of the greenhouses

M.W. - How did the oiler project turn out for the mill?

I.F.F. - I take it all the boat projects are done for the season's maiden voyage?

Time to finish prep for #37, yes it will be nice when it is done

Stay Warm - Be Safe - Have Fun - Records & Limits - Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7899 on: Mar 01, 2017, 06:00 AM »
TT......happy birthday!!!!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7900 on: Mar 01, 2017, 06:06 AM »
Morning folks! I see this thread is busy busy this am.still slow around here with my much going on.yesterday I found a new pump $25 it's a bit different from the original but should work just fine and may actually hold up better.this style pump is more of an in line instead of in the tank, will takeba little replumbing but no big deal.fishing was decent last nite as u heard, I got 2 walleyes 19" and 21" and a bunchnof pickerel,maybe wanderer can post a pic for us.hope to get out at least 1 more time with the kids c what this rain and warm does.
TT HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Have a great day all!!!!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7901 on: Mar 01, 2017, 07:40 AM »

Good morning again ER's,

Here are pictures of MW and his fish!

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7902 on: Mar 01, 2017, 08:16 AM »
Thanks for the birthday well wishes.

I meant to get up at mid night to beat Raq to it but that shows that though we have the same birthdate I am ahead of him in senility.

Happy Birthday back at you RAQUETTEDACKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have to go get license plates for two vehicles. If we do not get them today they will cost a $10 penalty on each plate. The base cost of plates went way up this year.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7903 on: Mar 01, 2017, 12:57 PM »
Raquette.....Happy birthday to you also !!!

And nice fish Mealworm  :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7904 on: Mar 01, 2017, 02:28 PM »
Got the boat launched, got to check out the new toys, It was a little dicey, as the boat dock had ice on it.  25* air temp and 34.7* water to start, water in main basin was 38, never broke out a rod, and never put the electric trolling motor in.  At first the boat didn't want to slide off.  Almost like it was still fasten with a hold down.  Guess it was frozen to the bunk carpet, pulled back out of the water, put blazer in park, then, felt a little pucker,  :blink: the rig was sliding back,  :wacko: water from the vehicle was freezing on the ramp, from the vehicle that had launched ahead of me.  :woot: like the new sonar's down scan worked pretty good.  Marked some new structure, and will fish it next time out.

Nice start on the pots Dom.

Have a great B-days Tom and Dom
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7905 on: Mar 01, 2017, 04:19 PM »

Happy Birthday Tom and Dom! :clap: :clap:

IW

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7906 on: Mar 01, 2017, 05:19 PM »
Great fish Logan..   Congratulations... :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7907 on: Mar 01, 2017, 08:04 PM »
Thanx Dom! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #7908 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:11 AM »
Good morning early risers. MR.Turkey,Racquettedacker hope both of you had great birthdays.
Eddie yes I do some trout fishing . Looking forward to your photo of deer herd if you were able to get a few pictures.
Mealworm congratulations on the walleyes . Nice that you found a pump at decent price for your wood processing machine.
IFF sounds like an interesting first trip out with your boat. Glad the new sonar system worked and you found new structure.
Capt.Jim  how are you enjoying the quite time at home. Anything special planed after the last treatment?
Wallyworld may the weather cooperate this weekend so you can get your boat moved from storage.
Ice Wanderer thank you for posting photos from the fishing trip. Enjoy whatever remains of this ice season in the Adirondacks.
UFCreel nice of you to help the member with broken pole replacement for his Clam Bigfoot shelter. Have a good trip at Lake of the Woods.
Whopper Stopper hope you have a chance to work on your trailer.

Have a safe and good Thursday folks. Best to all fishing don't forget your safety equipment for ice or open water.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #7909 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:52 AM »
Good Morning Steve, Morning Everyone,
 34* and winds are cranking out of the West, rain just stopped falling, 34 will be the high here today. Looks like a few days coming with lows in the single digits.
  Happy be-lated Birthday wishes to Tom and Dom! Hope you both enjoyed your day fella's!    :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope you get another shot at the Walters before the shorelines let go, thanks for sharing the pictures!
  MW..congrats to you and Jon on icing a few, nice job! Hope the pump works out for you!
  Marv...still learning, but I'm getting better snapping pictures, lol. Need to dedicate some learning time on posting them soon. Hope you get some trailer working weather today.
  Capt...hope treatment #38 goes well for you today, light at the end of tunnel Sir!!  :thumbsup:
  Bud...glad you got a chance to check out the boat yesterday. Sounds like the sonar is working well, best of luck on the next trip!

Steve, dont know if I jinxed myself yesterday am or what, but did not see one single deer in the hay fields yesterday morn...maybe today they'll be out. I'll have the not so smart phone camera ready!   ;D
  I know politics are a touchy subject, but think this will be ok to share. I was slightly taken back yesterday when a co-worker approached me and said President Trump did an exceptionally good job on his Address....he normally let's me have a dose of good old fashioned criticism....daily!   ;D  After I agreed, a few jabs got thrown again.... :roflmao:  it's all good and things are back to normal at the shop again!
  Put the ice gear away yesterday, now focusing on getting ready for another season of open water and streams.
Cawfee's on...
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!
Iceshanty Users Online
    196 Guests, 13 Users

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7910 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:57 AM »
Good morning everyone, hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7911 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:15 AM »
Good Morning mr.clean, Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Yesterday in the Metro they received 1" of snow. By the end of rush hour there were 180+ accidents and spin outs ??? What the heck. 

Another cool day with a 15mph wind, by Sunday it is supposed to be back to 60. Everything is still white outside so today is going to be spent at the loading bench. I have 200- 45 acp brass to stuff so that's my plan for the day, I never replaced them from the last balloon shoot :nono:

My lumber is still sitting in the trailer so it will keep for another day or so. I am kind of going back and forth with the project. I really only use the trailer for chipping into and wood hauling. The trailer is 10' long and the plywood 8'. I was going to go full length, but decided to stop at 8' because of materials, leaving the last 2' open. This will allow me to still use it to haul dirt or rock if needed. With my side jobs I will still have more than enough room to blow the chips, without the extra work and cost the the last 2' would cause.

Raquettedacker - Do you also sell decorative rock, dirt, wood chips, etc at the greenhouse? Here most of the nurseries do and it represents a large part of their business.

I sure hope everyone has a good Thursday, Stay safe!

WS

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #7912 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:18 AM »
Morning , Everybody

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, R.D.

About 45*, very breezy, supposed to go to the low 60's by this afternoon

M.W. - nice looking fish, good going - good luck with the pump

Mason - the herd must be hunkered down in the wind, will show up when your not ready for them

I.F.F. - glad to hear the new machine is working as it should, good luck

Stay Warm - Be Safe - Have Fun - Records & Limits - Get Well Soon

Morning, W.S.
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7913 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:39 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         Very windy here, and there is a dusting of snow on the vehicles. The winds gusted up to 40mph during
                 the night! back to some winter for a couple of days! :cookoo:
                         Eddie......The guy should have liked the speech, the stock market rose over 300 points which in turn raised
                  401K's quite a bit. The deer will return! ???
                         Capt......Good luck with today's treatment!
                         Steve......I think my ice fishing trips are done unless I go way up north and to a lake that is higher than rivers
                  and streams. I don't think the lake we fished the other night held up with the warm rain we had, I'll have to check it
                  out!
                         Marv.....Good luck with the trailer rebuild. I was just thinking plywood manufactures could make 10' pieces of
                  plywood, of course they would be heavy! Texture one eleven comes in 9' pieces!
                         Bud....Good luck with the new machine!
                         I hope everyone has a good day either at work or out and about!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7914 on: Mar 02, 2017, 06:17 AM »
Good morning all. Happy Birthday to those that are getting older. Very windy this morning, glad I did not have to drive to NYC this morning.

Went down on Tuesday for her check-up. All is fine. They called yesterday with some changes in her Meds. Has to stay on the IV until May. That is better than 6 months to a year.

Ice is gone in front of the house. Ice broke up out into the lake over the weekend, below Northville. Did a number on docks that were along the shoreline on the beaches.  Lake has come up almost 6 feet in the last week with the warm temps and rain.

Got to get the dishes done. Visiting nurse comes this morning. Have a good day everyone....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7915 on: Mar 02, 2017, 06:53 AM »
Morning all,

H2L...great news on the wife  :thumbsup: amazing what can be done medically these days  :)
IW....same weather here, snowing sideways  :wacko:
Eddie....been seeing large herds of deer in this area also, very easy winter for them  :clap:
MrC....hope you get to enjoy trout fishing more than ice fishing this year  ;)
Capt...the count down to the finale continues  :thumbsup: soon this whole experience will all be just a memory for you :clap:
WS....people already forgot how to drive in the snow  ???  just watched the sander go by here   :%$#!: don't imagine I'll see many bikes on the road today :cookoo:
24* here this morning.....winds are howling, the roller coaster ride continues  :blink: single digits forecast for lows all weekend, at least the boat & tractor shouldn't tear the lawn up during the moving process this weekend, ground should be plenty hard enough  ;D
Have a good day, pay day for some   :clap:  Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7916 on: Mar 02, 2017, 08:28 AM »
It started snowing when we got home from getting groceries yesterday after noon. Schools are closed today with only an inch of snow on the ground????  I think I heard the plow go by just before I finally got out of bed?????  I do not know what this area would do if they actually got snow. I doubt that we have 2 inches on the ground so far.

Surprise 50th birthday part for my son on Saturday. I almost blew it when I was talking to him last night when he called to wish me a happy birthday. He said he was trying to get me a copy of an Ebook for me that the brother of a Vietnamese class mate of his has out. It is about the family's experience immigrating to America. My son was good friends with his sister that was a class mate because he treated her as an equal and did not look down at the family like so many did. They kind of turned graduation upside down when she asked him to march with her. She was at the top of the class and my son not so. LOL Normally the top scholars marched together but Dien turned that around. She is now a PA in Florida.

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7917 on: Mar 02, 2017, 01:32 PM »
Hey all..  Crazy weather..  Thought the greenhouses were gonna blow away... ;D

Were getting there...  8)
Putting hangers on the baskets and filling pots............. :P

Plugs for pots...........

Filling hanger baskets that need to go up the side walk to one of the other houses......

A few green lemons left on the tree..  We ate, or should I say drank the rest... ;D

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7918 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:09 PM »
Simply Beautiful!

WS

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #7919 on: Mar 02, 2017, 06:50 PM »
R.D. - might have to bring the wife up to your place to get plants this year, everything looks gorgeous, nice work, really

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.