Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1648242 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #7860 on: Feb 26, 2017, 08:02 AM »
MW hope your work on the wood machine goes ok, Just regular scheduled work ?  Wow, just found I have a 9 hr shift on the schedule for 3/6 hum....and I just applied at Cabela's  ::)

Morning Tom, any cake left ?
Bud

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7861 on: Feb 26, 2017, 08:17 AM »
Morning all...   Great weather yesterday..   Worked in the yard in the morning in sweat shirts in 60* ....     We drove through some good thunderstorms going to Inlets Fire and Lights festival..   Sat in the restaurant eating and having some beers and watched it turn to snow..   Got done eating and went out to the car and put our boots and gloves and went down to the lake and enjoyed a huge bonfire and some great fireworks in the snow storm... 
 And the Thunder Snow across the frozen lake and mountains was increadable...
 I'm going to get stuff ready for filling hanging baskets for tomorrow morning...
   Have a great day everyone...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7862 on: Feb 26, 2017, 08:52 AM »
Oh and now its 22* and snowing sideways.. :P

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7863 on: Feb 26, 2017, 09:03 AM »
IFF

Plenty of cake left. I was actually a good diabetic and only ate one piece and did not bring any home. Well maybe not that good as I still ate some. They would not let me have a piece that had a pile of frosting that looked like a balloon.

Raq Only three more days.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7864 on: Feb 26, 2017, 09:32 AM »
Well Dom, at least it will be worm in the green house/s.  Got my seedlings to sprout. :thumbsup:

Tom, good for you, that's what I need to do swear off all the goodies  :nono:
Bud

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7865 on: Feb 26, 2017, 09:57 AM »
No balloon frosting for you mister..   I will eat your share in a couple days... ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7866 on: Feb 26, 2017, 02:06 PM »
My bride warming her buns last night before the fireworks...  She was actually facing me but wanted the flash off.. ;D

Fireworks were awesome...

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #7867 on: Feb 26, 2017, 02:36 PM »
Good afternoon everyone ,happy to see my fellow New Yorkers reporting no damages or power outages from yesterdays thunder storms. Things changed quickly here sunny and 65 when I left for work an hour later the dark clouds had moved in and rain was falling along with high winds. Scattered reports of power outages and lines down along with trees and branches. There was a tornado watch posted for the Monticello/Liberty area of Sullivan county (south west Catskill mountain region of NY. ) The watch was lifted right before I left for work.
Raquettedacker nice photos. Early birthday or anniversary wishes sent your way. I have to start a notebook with members names and dates for these events in each one respective life .
RD/Wallyworld may today's snow be a minor problem for both of you/
Mr.Turkey happy to read everyone had a nice time at grandsons party. Good work limiting your intake of cake.
Mealworm hope it is just regular maintenance on the firewood machine. Enjoy the new lawn mower.
Ice Wanderer my the new Frig serve you well for many years. Have fun keeping the stainless steel clean.
UFCreel have a good trip to Lake of the Woods. Enjoy the rabbit meals. Just an idea it might be good for you and the wife to share what is learned at obedience classes with your children. A dog of Ava's size can be a handful for younger children to control. She would drag me around if not properly trained.
IFF glad you finally getting some hours. All the best with whatever you decide to do employment wise.
Eddie happy to read you got one last trip in good idea keeping the wife updated. Since I sometimes ice fish alone will let my sister know where I will be fishing and when I'm off the ice and headed for home.
The last time I remember temperature this high so early in the year is March of 2011 or 12 when it was around 70 on ST.Patrick's Day .

Have a good Sunday evening folks.
Steve

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7868 on: Feb 26, 2017, 04:18 PM »
The first minute of this video is the Grand Finalie of the fire works the other 10 minutes are after I put it in my pocket....     ;D ;D ;D ;D

&t=49s

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7869 on: Feb 26, 2017, 06:04 PM »
Thanks all.  For the good luck you are sending our way on our upcoming ice fishing trip. Even diabetics get to have a piece of cake now and then. My wife is type 2. mr. clean yes my daughters walk and work with Ava too. She is our third Rott. Lost the other two to old age. Haiti at 13 and Ike at 12. We also have one Golden Retriever Dixie who is 7. I grew up with a Dad who was a AKC dog show judge and Mom trained Obedience dogs. I must admit i am partial to Rott's and Golden's. Big dogs with hearts of gold. Yes they are very strong, but with the right training and the right owners. Are no different than many other breeds of dogs. I am currently working with an elderly neighbor who's son left them a 6 years old German Shepherd. Going through divorce. That only drags the poor man around. When he tries to walk him. After two sessions he is getting better with gentleman. Funny after five minutes of me working him he didn't pull me anymore. Guess he figured i was top dog quick. I suspect he has the older guy buffaloed. Well enough dog talk. Everyone enjoy your Sunday night!
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7870 on: Feb 26, 2017, 06:32 PM »
UF I was talking to a neighbor that had her dog with her the other day. She says "OH OH" and I look down the street. Here comes a kid with what looked to be a part pit dragging the kid down the street. He had all he could do to keep the dog from coming after the neighbor gals dog. I told the kid that his dad needs to get a spiked choke collar so he could control it. He said "I have a harness on him". The kid did not really get what I was talking about but did head back home with the dog that is pit beagle mix according to the boy. His dad is headed to trouble if he does not break this dog to mind.

My labs have always been traind to do all simple commands by the time they are three months old if not before.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #7871 on: Feb 27, 2017, 04:06 AM »
Good Monday Morning Everyone,
  Windy and 21* this am, high of 49 predicted here today.
  Last evenings concert found me getting home way beyond my nap time...about 5hrs. ago, lol.  The trio took the stage at 9pm and ended the evening with an encore of LaGrange and Tush about 10:30, much to the liking of all those in attendance. Guessing the average age of the crowd was close to 50?  It was a real good time, great crowd, great musicians...however, it will be a long day giving granite facials today!  ;D.   
  Clock is running out of time again, so will catch up to you all this afternoon...cawfee's on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7872 on: Feb 27, 2017, 04:32 AM »
Good Morning ER's    UFCreel hope you have a great time at LOTW   Mason might be singing in your head today after the ZZ Top concert. Ice is gone here now. Badgers BB skunk might be longer than mine if the ship don't start going in the right direction. ? concearn all Big 10 top 3  Purdue,WI,and Maryland all great teams when their on. All 3 laid an egg last time out.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7873 on: Feb 27, 2017, 04:50 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, OG! Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

Hope you all had a good weekend that possibly included a fish or two, either on ice or via boat. Our Game Fish season is now closed and it is strictly pan fish until ice is off. With the way the lake ice has deteriorated fishing is almost done around here.

Yesterday’s side job went very well; I couldn’t start until 9am and wrapped it up just before noon. When all was said and done the guy gave me a tip, handing me a 30 cent off a gallon gas coupon. Life is definitely good  :thumbsup: I have two jobs to look at today and I am going to start on a different one,  that I will finish up tomorrow.

Good luck on today’s treatment Capt! It won't be long now  :thumbsup:

Sounds like you found a nice refrigerator IW. I know what you mean about limited inventory at stores, I hate that. I hope you found one with a big drawer to hold those big slabs! :clap:

What was the word of the day Eddie, Exhausted?. I feel for you , it makes a for a long day when you feel like you missed a nights sleep :%$#!:

Good luck with your job situation Bud. It has to be very frustrating going from overtime to no time to maybe some time. I hope things work out for you with Cabelas :thumbsup:

Excellent pictures as always Raquettedacker :thumbsup:

Good luck to those fishing. Stay safe and dry !

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7874 on: Feb 27, 2017, 04:54 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Old Goat, ER's,
                        My wife's son and his daughter left yesterday, I enjoy having them but the house is a little quieter now. Her
                son is planning on coming back this weekend so he can get some real ice time in, we plan to go with MW on his
                over nighter this coming weekend!
                        This morning I have an appointment with my eye doctor for a check up and then off to our Crappie and Pike
                lake with Jon ny. MW and #2 son plan on joining us later!
                         Eddie......You didn't get much sleep, I hope your day doesn't drag for you!
                         UF........X2 on your trip toLOTW!
                         Dom......Nice pictures and video!
                         I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing!
                         I see that WS posted while I was typing, Good morning sir! I'm glad to hear that the side job went well!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7875 on: Feb 27, 2017, 06:27 AM »
Morning all,
Eddie....hope you make it thru the day ok  :-\ bet it will be an early bedtime tonight  ;D glad you enjoyed the show !!
MrC....always a good idea to let someone know your whereabouts when fishing/hunting solo  ;)  snow never amounted to much here, today near 50* guess the roller coaster ride will be continuing for awhile yet  :wacko:
Capt.....hope all is well with you & treatments continue to be problem free  ;)
IW....best of luck on the ice  :icefish:
Raquette....looks like a good time, thanks for sharing !!
WS.... sounds like you're getting back in the swing of things work wise  :flex: the gas card was a nice bonus  :clap:
IFF....maybe working part time at both places would get you the hours you're looking for  ;)
Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7876 on: Feb 27, 2017, 07:02 AM »
Morning every 1!! Not to much to report lazy dsy yesterday,went to lunch with my buddy (future brother in law/ log supplier) we also stopped and looked at some old earth moving equipment that we may try to own old john deer bull dozer and an old case backhoe.I never got to tinkering with the wood machine may do that today

IFF my saw bar as chain oiler is not pumping enough oil.I noticed some serious wear on the saw bar on the last load of would a ran. Hoping it's just some debris blocking the pickup and not the oil pump itself.if it turns out to be the pump I may move the oil reservoir up a bit and just let gravity do it's thing

WS glad the side job went well hope today's jobs go just as good

Eddie sounds like the concert was a blast,have fun with the facials today

WW we got some snow yesterday only about an inch,Def some wierd weather this winter

UFC hope u have a great trip to LOTW

Dacker cool pics and video have fun in the green houses today
Have a great day every 1

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7877 on: Feb 27, 2017, 08:37 AM »
Good Morning just a quick few words and will run to the lake to take its temp.

Oh no WW, can't work at both at the same time ....conflict of interest they say working at a that sells the same stuff.  Home depot or Lowe's would be fair game or even an auto parts store.

Now I have to replace the floor board under the Captains chair, found it was rotten under the carpet.  will work on that today.   More Later.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7878 on: Feb 27, 2017, 09:14 AM »
IFF....Conflict of interest  ??? what do they think, you're going to give away some top secret info  :wacko:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7879 on: Feb 27, 2017, 09:31 AM »
WW, more like Oh the other store has what you looking for.....In stock  ::)  Went to get the temp at my home lake, found some ice at shore line like 1/64th inch.  With snow in the area Tuesday, thinking the Wednesday boat launch opening might be delayed.  :unsure: :%$#!:
Bud

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7880 on: Feb 27, 2017, 11:45 AM »
IFF sounds like Macy's and Gimbels- Miracle on 34th Street. Stuff right there!
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7881 on: Feb 27, 2017, 04:23 PM »
Got my Captains seat locked down in good order with some new flooring.  :flex: :thumbsup: Tools all put away, think I will put a cork out of a bottle and kick back.  Let er snow.

Hope the winds that have been going through my neighborhood fizzle out and stays out of your area, and doesn't mess with your  :icefish: if you can still find good ice.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #7882 on: Feb 28, 2017, 03:46 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  38* and light rain falling, high of 53 expected on the Hill on this last day of February.
 Got a good sleep last evening, firing on all cylinders this morning.... One of these days I'll come to my senses and realize I'm not the 20 year old I once was....I'll give that more thought when I turn 60....maybe.    ;D
  Bud...hope the weather clears and smooth sailing for you tomorrow! Think I'm done with the ice for the season, just can't seem to put my gear up yet!
  Dom...thanks for the pictures, always appreciated here!   :thumbsup:  Looking forward to the greenhouse shots.
  MW...hope you can work out a good deal on the equipment, nice find! Yes, the concert was a blast, think only one ear is ringing now..... ;D
  Wally...any open water trips planned for you and Mr.WW yet?
  Jeff...hope this weekends trip is a great one for you and the boys! Walters and crappies might be in trouble....good luck to everyone!
  Marv...how's that trailer coming along?
  Capt....hope all is well and the treatments have been going good for you Sir!
  OG...funny you mentioned about songs in the head, lol, actually went to you tube and saw some live footage from the concert...technology!   ;D

Quite surprised yesterday, the day flew by, that was a plus! Took a ride slightly out of my way home to check on a few trout streams...over their banks and dirty, but something to look forward to.
 Pretty routine day yesterday. A small talk was given to curb the cell phone usage among other things...that seemed to work good for about an hour or so...some people just don't get it I guess.
 Cawfee's on and there's cinnamon buns waiting....help yourself!
Have a great day all, be safe,mbest of luck to those fishing!

Iceshanty Users Online
    199 Guests, 9 Users

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7883 on: Feb 28, 2017, 04:48 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       Eddie.......I'm glad to hear your day flew by and I bet you couldn't wait to get in bed!
                       Capt......I hope the treatments are still doing what they are suppose to do!
                       WS........How did the side jobs look that you went to look at?
                       Well yesterdays fishing trip with Jon ny never happened, when we got to our lake the water level was
                up about 2', I had brought a plank. We picked a spot that was the least amount of water to shore. I put the
                plank on a on a piece of ice that had a crack about 10' from the edge, as I walked out the ice chunk started
                sink, I couldn't get back fast enough and I went in to my waist, burrrr. There wasn't any place that one could
                access the ice! On the way home we checked out the Walleye lake and it is good to go, I guess were are planning
                on tonight!
                       I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7884 on: Feb 28, 2017, 06:21 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW ! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Glad you survived Eddie! I bet it was a good time. :thumbsup:

Cripes IW, I bet that sent chills when you dropped in :woot: Good luck tonight, hope you find a bunch :thumbsup:

Good luck on today's treatment Capt!

WW hope you have an Excellent day, is the boat ready?

The jobs I looked at yesterday will be a go in about 2 weeks. I spent most of the day working on a job that I will finish today. I could get into this leaving others clean up ;D

I was going to start on my trailer build tomorrow, however they are calling for snow. With 3 foot sides for the box it won't fit into my garage, so I have to do it outside. It just all depends on how much snow and rain we get whether I can start on it.

Best of luck to all heading out :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7885 on: Feb 28, 2017, 06:22 AM »
Morning all! Planning a trip tonite for walleyes,mite be last trip of the season after hearing the shore lines are going quik. Worked on the wood machine yesterday found the oil pump was bad it is only a windshield washer pump.I spoke with the manufacturer of the proccesor they do not sell that part any more but have an upgrade kit for 165$ if the washer pumps are cheap enough from auto parts store I will get a couple if there more than 20$ I'm just gonna set up the oiler to work with gravity like 90% of saw mills and processors do.
Other than that nothing really to talk about hope to report back tmrw with pics of walleyes have a great day every 1

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #7886 on: Feb 28, 2017, 09:11 AM »
Morning, Everyone

Sunshine with clouds, at 47* going to the mid 50's, rain towards evening, I think

Been very busy with a slew of projects that popped up like that - fencing went very well - nice looking fish catches from everyone that posted pictured, very nice - thank you
     to all for sending concerns about treatment, it is going well, today was # 36, single digits now, home stretch, the radiation is supposed to kill off the cancer cells in the
     prostate, it will be taking some other good cells with it, can't be helped there, as of right now no surgery for removal so that means I can still 'play', just 'shooting' blanks,
     if that is all I have to worry about, it isn't a problem at all - the temps. got to the low 70's over the weekend, spoiled me that's for sure - happy meals were anything that
     has 'taste' to it, even McD's, Friday the chief leaves for Cabo for a week (yippee) with #1 stepdaughter and her hubby, comes back on Mar. 10, treatments end on Mar.13,
     so I will stay this trip with the dog, yes I will be disappointed (not) about going, I'll just have to grin and bear it, peace, quiet, and the dog, hhmm

Trying to cover everybody quick, sorry if I don't answer your query, just read posts quick, will do more later

Stay Warm - Be Safe - Have Fun - Limits & Records - Get Well Soon, Warm Weather Is Coming
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7887 on: Feb 28, 2017, 10:51 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW ! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Cripes IW, I bet that sent chills when you dropped in :woot: Good luck tonight, hope you find a bunch :thumbsup

WS
                   Not only that it made things shrink! lol :woot: :roflmao:

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7888 on: Feb 28, 2017, 04:04 PM »
Marv, my bet it was shrink and pucker all at the same time. 

Jeff, hope you get to do a happy dance, (best do it on shore), and the walter's put a smile on your face if you get out tonight.  Looks like its a go for tomorrows launch.  Also got word friend has his boat ready for this weekend, 100 miles south, just trying to figure out which day might be best so far as winds go.  It can get down right nasty on that big lake if its blowing.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7889 on: Feb 28, 2017, 05:51 PM »
Evening all,
IW.....you & George Costanza  :roflmao: :laugh: glad the water wasn't any deeper & you made it off safely :clap:
MW.....hope the eyes are hungry for you tonight  :icefish: be safe out there
IFF....good luck on the water tomorrow if you make it out  ;)
Capt..... :thumbsup: on the single digits  :clap: try not to be too disappointed that you'll be staying home alone with the dog  ;)2
WS.....we're looking at snow here again this weekend, wish Mother Nature would make up her mind pretty soon
Eddie....usually we hit Lake Ontario, Chaumont Bay area, at the beginning of walleye season. Might be able to make it out somewhere before the season ends this year  ;D moving the boat out of the back barn this weekend  @)
Have a good night whatever's on the agenda. Stay safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.