Author Topic: Aqua-View scout XL  (Read 2601 times)

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
Aqua-View scout XL
« on: Dec 23, 2005, 09:28 PM »
 Well I got an early xmas present and had to try it out today. It's and Aqua-view scout XL underwater cam.
I had a blast, even tho the fish would not co-operate. It was fun to watch the little perch swim up to my bait but they seemed more interested in the freshwater shrimp that were swimming everywhere. I was at Stony lake (near Humboldt) and catch lots of Walleye there in the summer. Not one showed up on cam but a few perch crayfish and some unidentified bugs , oh and lots of shrimp.  Cant wait for the next outing after xmas sometime. MERRY XMAS TO ALL.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Aqua-View scout XL
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2005, 10:47 AM »

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2005, 11:26 AM »
Cool gift anglerbrian, I received the aqua-vu z series 4 Xmases ago. I love it, it's so neat to see what's down there, kind of like watching an aquarime. I have seen lots of action below the ice, have even had a caught pike get the fishing line wrapped around the camera so it was strapped to his back like critter cam on the discovery channel, I had a similar view to what they see. I think you will also have tones of fun with it like I do.  :D

Merry Christmas ice shanty. ;D

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2005, 04:09 PM »
Had the Aqua-Vu out again today, this time at Delwood. Even in the murky yellow water  and at over 25 feet down I was  able to see my jig and minnow combo and the surrounding bottom area. Fishing at Delwood hasnt been great since the winter kill a few years back so it was nice to see a few pike and perch in there.
   Tomorrow if the fog lifts its off to Long Lake and try for some perch. I can almost taste em. 

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2005, 08:48 PM »
Good luck on long lake, anglerbrian. I had the camera there a few years ago and saw some images of pike, walleye and perch, and schools of suckers. At one time I had 3 pike all all staring at my bait at the same time, then they all decided to take one swipe at it. The last one grabbed the bait and proceeded to tangle around the camera cable, so now the camera was on his back like discovery channel's critter cam. It was neat to the camera from his view and the view as he came up the hole.
Long lake is a great place for seeing fish, lots of species in it. ;)

WW

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2005, 12:51 PM »
 Thanks Water Wolf. I did make it out to Long Lake yesterday in spite of the fog and the perch fishing was pretty good. I went in at the regional park near Govan. There were about 15 shelters set up and I tried first about 50 yards south of them. I started seeing perch as soon as the cam was lowered. The perch there were all very small but i managed to catch a few. Later I set up north of the crowd in a spot that used to produce bigger perch. As I was turning the cam to find my lures I was seeing fish in every direction. I caught a couple of keepers right away. I was using a hogger jig-a- whopper with a minnow head to attract ,and a gens glo bug with a perch eye to catch the majority. I did get a few hits on the minnow as well. You were right about the variety of fish. I saw a few pike and walleye and tons of perch. The walleye would come right up to the minnow and stare at it for a bit then swim off.
  The pike seemed more interested in the smaller perch. I was surprised at how the perch could chew on the bait without me being able to feel them.
   If this fog lets up in a couple of days I am going to venture further south maybe to Arlington or Collingwood.
HAPPY NEW YEAR !to everyone and good luck wherever you are fishing.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2005, 04:57 PM »
anglerbrian, glad you had a good one. Perch are sure curious little fish, always check something new in there area. Great to see all the different fish eh?
I know what you mean about how lite the perch bite. I had a few little guys chewing on the lure 2 winters ago on long lake and with out the camera would have never know they were there, I also had a big walleye swim up a few cm from the rubber jig and just stare at it for a few min and then all of a sudden just bolt, they were the fastist moving fish I saw.
I would like to see some burbot on the camera, they would be neat to see. I imagine the swim right along the bottom. ;)

WW

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2006, 07:53 PM »
Jan 2nd back to Last Mpountain. lots of fish on cam again but not many biting. Managed a half dozen perch and a nice Ling Cod got some pics this time.         

Offline MeadowPikeman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends fish without tip ups.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2006, 09:33 PM »
you in the tourney ?? should have enterd that baby
Ketchin dem Logs enough to build a house!!

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2006, 11:25 PM »
No I never entered maybe next year..  I know there are much bigger ones in Last Mountain someone will catch em..

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 03, 2006, 08:56 PM »
Nice going with the perch and that chunky looking burbot anglerbrian. :)
What was the weight on that one?
Did you see it on the camera?

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.