The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Ice safe on highland yet?  (Read 764 times)

Offline HighlandLK

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice safe on highland yet?
« on: Dec 23, 2005, 01:22 PM »
I was wondering if the ice is safe yet on Highland Lake, windham. I see sled tracks, no ice shacks though. There were 4-5 people walking a ways out on the south end of the lake but I didnt dare walk out that far not knowing how thick the ice is. I am on the north end if theres a difference. Thanks guys,

-John

Offline nitro04106

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice safe on highland yet?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2005, 02:02 PM »
have nt` been out to it lately but thats close to me and i fish it hard come, jan 1  (check law book) usually it`s set up buy know there a few people on this forum that fish it often hopefully we can get an answer it`s good for brown`s early... the first month cant wait.. cheers.......... nitro04106.... "john"

Offline STINK FINGER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2005, 07:10 PM »
I went down to the carry on launch today and it had opened back up at the lower end of the cove where the channel is.But I seen snowmobile tracks heading out towards the lake looks like there will be plenty of ice for opening day!

Offline HighlandLK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2005, 11:42 AM »
Thanks guys! I was there yesterday too, there was a black toyota truck parked there and a nissan car, not sure if you were one of those or not. There seems to be plenty of ice but I wanted to make sure before I head out on it, you guys will problably shun me but I have a snowmobile that I wanted to try out on the lake, let it be known that I stay well clear of ice shacks and traps. This is my first winter on the lake, thanks.

-John

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.