The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Shacks vandalized Sebago  (Read 2811 times)

Offline Springbobn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pike punching! Crappie killer from way back.
Shacks vandalized Sebago
« on: Mar 20, 2014, 05:45 AM »
So at 4:00 am- truck comes onto the ice while its snowing hard. Came over to where I was cusking and chatted for few minutes. I could tell they had had a few. They went to the middle of the bay, did some donuts,stalled the truck a couple times. Then they drove out toward the boat launch and stopped a couple times. I thought the were having truck problems so I started packing gear. By the time that I got to the launch, I realized they were breaking down- they were breaking in. I interupted them breaking the door in on the shack in the parking lot.
They were driving a 2001-2003 red ford ranger xlt and headed towards Thomas Pond on 302.

Offline fishfreely

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Opening day 2011
Re: Shacks vandalized Sebago
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2014, 05:50 AM »
Hopefully they get caught it's too bad you didn't get a plate number those are the people that ruin it for everyone
huntdeer

Offline Springbobn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2014, 05:54 AM »
No plate number was covered with snow apparently when you drive through snow banks and do donuts- snow sticks to your truck.

Offline Grumpy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2014, 06:12 AM »
Report it to the police! :callcops:
  If they were drunk...(at 4 a.m.) and driving AND breaking into a shack , :%$#!: I would have called before they left the ice.

Offline ZeroGravity

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2014, 06:43 AM »
If you haven't already, I would urge you to call the Cumberland County Sherriff and/or the Game Warden out of the Gray, ME Headquarters.

Also, there is an Ice Fishing Maine group on Facebook that has a lot of members, it may not be a bad idea to post similar information on that page.... 

It only takes a couple of individuals with a serious drug probelm to mess things up for so many....  I live just a three miles form the Raymond boat launch and I have seen my share of issues (multiple attempts to break into my boat and home)....

Have an awesome day!

- ZG -

Offline lobsterhound

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2014, 07:24 AM »
Lucky they didn't kill someone on the road driving around. Damn scum. Thats just the reason though I never lock my camp to this day or the hut when I had one.  The thiefs and scum are going to get in regardles if they want. All a lock does is slow them down and results in broken doors or windows. Might as well leave it wide open and hope for the best. A stolen lantern is cheaper than replacing doors and windows. I have a sign that just ask if anyone does stop by to please record their stay in the camp log. Over the years many strangers on canoe trips have stopped in overnight. Its actually fun reading where they came from and what not. A few have even left cash on the table for propane burned or just to say thanks.

Offline Grumpy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2014, 07:35 AM »
Lucky they didn't kill someone on the road driving around. Damn scum. Thats just the reason though I never lock my camp to this day or the hut when I had one.  The thiefs and scum are going to get in regardles if they want. All a lock does is slow them down and results in broken doors or windows. Might as well leave it wide open and hope for the best. A stolen lantern is cheaper than replacing doors and windows. I have a sign that just ask if anyone does stop by to please record their stay in the camp log. Over the years many strangers on canoe trips have stopped in overnight. Its actually fun reading where they came from and what not. A few have even left cash on the table for propane burned or just to say thanks.

See... now that sounds like a CAMP there lobhound!
     No lock on  a lil shack I still have out... just worried my buddies are gonna put firecrackers in my stove... or worse!  :o

Offline Aucoin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: Mar 20, 2014, 08:53 AM »
My shack isn't very close to the boat ramp, but close enough. I'm going there tomorrow after work. I hope I don't come upon a suprise....wishing there was license plate number to report. How far out did they drive from the boat ramp? Was it at the station? Still lots of ice? Thanks for the unfortunate report!

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2014, 09:39 AM »
was it at Raymond beach??

Offline Springbobn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2014, 09:44 AM »
For all the " call the police"- how much priority do you think on a storm night with cars off the road law enforcement is going to give this stuff. Furthermore, if you the owners of the "shacks" can haul the shacks to the boat launch- take it home with you. It's like leaving your car unlocked in Portland- sooner or later somebody going to notice.

Offline Springbobn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2014, 09:45 AM »
Raymond beach

Offline Grumpy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2014, 10:22 AM »
For all the " call the police"- how much priority do you think on a storm night with cars off the road law enforcement is going to give this stuff. Furthermore, if you the owners of the "shacks" can haul the shacks to the boat launch- take it home with you. It's like leaving your car unlocked in Portland- sooner or later somebody going to notice.

Springbob, thank you for mentioning it here to folks.  it will give people a heads up to check on their stuff.
         If  they were buzzed up... at 4 in the morning, stalling the truck out, and breaking into shacks, I strongly believe law enforcement would respond to such a  report. That is vandalism and who knows what else.
    I don't like it when a bunch of shacks get left at near or ON a landing, but sometimes it's tough to marshal up a group to help load the shack, plus working ect. everyone has a different thing going on, but no one should have their stuff vandalized.
   Oh and not bad on the Cusk action!

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 20, 2014, 11:17 AM »
My shack is in the parking lot at Raymond beach, my dad and several friends live where they can see it, I'm pretty sure if someone broke into it, the police would have been there for one reason or another.

I think it is safer there in plain view then down on the ice out of sight, but maybe I'm wrong.

Offline ZeroGravity

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 20, 2014, 11:40 AM »

Springbobn - I do not disagree with you that the police may be dealing with other "higher priority" items.....  I would beg to disagree that the police and/or Warden would still want to have the event reported....  Even if they do not follow up until a day or two later...  They may have some insight on the individuals just based on the description of the truck....

Have a great day!

- ZG -

Offline Springbobn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 20, 2014, 11:57 AM »
My shack is in the parking lot at Raymond beach, my dad and several friends live where they can see it, I'm pretty sure if someone broke into it, the police would have been there for one reason or another.

I think it is safer there in plain view then down on the ice out of sight, but maybe I'm wrong.

You better go check- plain site doesn't matter to these wack jobs. And they fished there on Wednesday or Tuesday - just in case someone knows them or talked with them.

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Mar 20, 2014, 12:08 PM »
My dad checks it several times a day, it's A-OK

Offline CascoCuskin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Mar 20, 2014, 02:12 PM »
My brother in law is a police officer for Windham pd. He can run the registration index on red Rangers. Get a description of the driver? Must be a standard if they were stalling . what kind of cab was it? Any other identifying traits? After market parts? Lifted? Led lights? Body damage? I cannot believe that people are driving on the ice still!
My brother in law is looking into this as we speak. Will report back with any new information!

Offline chum bucket

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 20, 2014, 08:24 PM »
I was there on Tues night and saw the red ranger doing donuts on the bay. looked like it had an extend cab. They went to a shack on the other side of the bay, hope they didn't break in.
Semper Fi

Offline mjgonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 21, 2014, 02:55 AM »
Somebody is liable to catch up with these guys,and while they are waiting for cops to get there,they are liable to "fall down on the ice" face first multiple times!
Take your kids hunting and fishing!

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
springbobn
« Reply #19 on: Mar 21, 2014, 05:11 PM »
Shoot me a pm, my shack is OK all the other ones on Jordan bay got broke into and they are looking for info

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: springbobn
« Reply #20 on: Mar 21, 2014, 05:18 PM »
Glen, Glad to hear that they didn't damage that mansion of yours ;)    Seriously though, I feel bad for the others and hope they find the SOB"S
QUIT WISHIN AND LETS GO FISHIN !!!

Offline Springbobn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 21, 2014, 08:08 PM »
Pm sent

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #22 on: Mar 21, 2014, 08:17 PM »
There was a truck matching the description at the little cafe bar in Raymond on 302 today around 3pm . The Sebago cafe I think its called ??? I

Offline tkmoney_99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 21, 2014, 08:34 PM »
I am Red Ford Ranger owner with an extra cab. However, I am not the dubs you are after. I say this because I will most likely be parked at the station tomorrow and don't want to get ran out of town.lol
My truck has silver racks. I will most likely be fishing solo, stop by and say hi. I'll be on a black article cat. Good luck catching these guys. They give all of us red ranger guys a bad name.
Can't catch em on your couch.

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Mar 21, 2014, 08:58 PM »

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Mar 21, 2014, 09:02 PM »
I am Red Ford Ranger owner with an extra cab. However, I am not the dubs you are after. I say this because I will most likely be parked at the station tomorrow and don't want to get ran out of town.lol
My truck has silver racks. I will most likely be fishing solo, stop by and say hi. I'll be on a black article cat. Good luck catching these guys. They give all of us red ranger guys a bad name.

Where you at the station today??

Offline tkmoney_99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Mar 22, 2014, 06:17 PM »
Where you at the station today??
Yes I had the trailer with the artic cat on it
Can't catch em on your couch.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.