Author Topic: ice tackle  (Read 3216 times)

Offline RAINBOW HUNTER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
ice tackle
« on: Dec 22, 2005, 07:25 PM »
Anybody looking for a good website to get some ice equipment from check out this site  real good site

Offline iceman_4432

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ice tackle
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2005, 07:20 AM »
Anybody looking for a good website to get some ice equipment from check out ..com real good site

Huh ... did i miss something ?  whats the name of the site ?

Offline RAINBOW HUNTER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2005, 07:52 AM »
peterson outdoors 
put a - in between peterson and outdoors. them type .com

MikeThePike

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2005, 08:29 AM »
Peterson is a great place to buy from. I ordered 6" flags for my heritage laker tip-ups along with the polar therm bases. He accidently sent me 3" flags so I emailed him. He told me to keep em and I had my 6" flags within 2 or 3 days. Defiantly the best customer service I've found in terms of ordering ice gear off the web.

Offline RAINBOW HUNTER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2005, 10:43 AM »
i had a rod break wich was my fault and they said send it back for a new one.

Offline iceman_4432

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2005, 11:09 AM »
Great site !   Thanks for the link  ;D

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2005, 11:39 AM »
They don't seem to have that big of a selection of augers.  Anyone know of a good site or store to get augers from, I'm having trouble finding people that carry the electrics?

"That's how you do it...That is how you ice fish!" MM

Offline HaveAuger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2005, 03:30 PM »
AJ : check your PM...................H A

Offline 4inch_ok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2005, 05:13 PM »
Peterson is a great place to buy from. I ordered 6" flags for my heritage laker tip-ups along with the polar therm bases. He accidently sent me 3" flags so I emailed him. He told me to keep em and I had my 6" flags within 2 or 3 days. Defiantly the best customer service I've found in terms of ordering ice gear off the web.

Although not online I had a similar experience with Franks Tackle in Ringwood.  About 15 years age when I first started ice fishing I purchased a hand auger there. This was when Frank's was a little hole in the wall store. The auger didn't have a scabbard. I didn't know it was supposed to.  A year later I was in the store; the owner remembered me and gave me a scabbard without my even asking.  That's the kind of people that own that store. As far as I know it's still the same owners.

While on the subject of Frank's Takle they have the best bait of any place. It seems to be more lively and live longer on the hook.

MikeThePike

« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2005, 06:15 PM »
I just had PP pick me up some shiners at Franks and I remember exactly why I stopped buying them there. They are a rip off on their shiners. Over $8 a dozen for x-larges and most of them are no bigger than what I've been getting as larges for $4 a dozen. Plus I've noticed towards the end of the ice season when most places start lowering prices on gear to get rid of it, they actually raise prices on some stuff.

I know the one on RT23 has new owners as of last year but not sure about the one in Ringwood.

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2005, 09:36 PM »
Is the one on 23 across from where speghetti wester used to be, on the north side?

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2005, 09:43 PM »
Thanks HaveAuger I swore I did that before, but I must not have because I definitly got some good sites on there that I havn't been too before.  ;D where do you fish mostly?

Offline HaveAuger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 23, 2005, 10:33 PM »
AJ          PM'ed you again.

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 24, 2005, 02:19 PM »
Yea I got it, I have a gas powered log splitter and it saves you so much work, it's worth it to get it even though they are expensive.

Offline NickN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 25, 2005, 07:00 PM »
AJ,  Check out http://www.marinegeneral.com/acatalog/Online_Catalog_Ice_Augers___Accessories_8.html.  They have both the Jiffy and Strike Master electrics.  Not sure if it the price you are looking for but they should have them.  I purchased my Jiffy Stealth from them last year for a real good price.

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 25, 2005, 07:59 PM »
Thanks Nick, that's about the same price I've seen, but it's good to have more options to look at.

MikeThePike

« Reply #16 on: Dec 26, 2005, 02:23 PM »
Is the one on 23 across from where speghetti wester used to be, on the north side?

I only just started fishing up there about 2-3 years ago so I'm not sure what used to be around but yea, its on RT23 North.

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 26, 2005, 06:37 PM »
Oh ok, I stopped there a couple of times when the old man owned, how r the new owners, and how is the price for bait there because that is only about 15 minutes from my house.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.