The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: "REEL" FRIENDS  (Read 573 times)

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
"REEL" FRIENDS
« on: Mar 02, 2014, 01:49 PM »
 Had a great day on the ice fished with my 3 old buddies and my son on his" birthday" yesterday he's 29 and I'm old. lol The fishing was OK but not smoking but my son and I did end up with 41 Bulls between 8- 9.25 inches and 2- 11inch crappies. The other guy's got a decent meal or two. These  guy's are FRIENDS,that means to me YOU CAN TRUST THEM,you can talk tips,methods,lures,presentation and where the fish are,we work together not alone, when one of us find fish we TELL THE OTHER THERE HERE, My son has been trying to TEACH ME TO SHOUT MY BIG MOUTH to others about tips and how to do it,but it's tough for me not to help others. I'm learning and hope to master (The loose lips sink ships), I learned something from my son yesterday,WHAT" REEL" FRIENDS ARE. I glad I have a few.

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: "REEL" FRIENDS
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2014, 02:27 PM »
I can count on one hand my "Reel"  friends.
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2014, 04:54 PM »
What happened Captain, did someone "stab you in the back"? All this loose lips stuff strikes right at the heart of what I think makes ice shanty better than most other sites. We have a community here. Not everyone, but most are willing to help each other out. You hate to lose another from the posting community because of a bad experience.

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2014, 05:10 PM »
100% eddie
hell you have put me on a lot of spots where no one has caught a fish in ten years
now thats a friend
 on a serious note I have no problem sharing anything on here
thats what makes it a great place for old ice idiots like me and newbies to learn and enjoy the sport

Offline ECIcer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2014, 05:19 PM »
Definately agree with this being a community.  I don't mind helping anybody with truthful reports or tips to help them catch fish.  Over the years I have received tons of helpful information off of this site.  I am a panfisher and usually fish the maples once a weekend at Moraine.  I was going to try and find some other locations to check out but with the ice being so thick, my auger arms weren't in agreement.  Hopefully I can find a good deal at the end of this year on a new Ion auger.  Tight lines and be safe!

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2014, 07:17 PM »
Eddie, I have no problems helping people on this site or on the ice.  I just know who my real friends are! NO MORE HELP,FREE HOLES DRILLED BY MY PRO 4 or any other info to BACKSTABBERS. Little things Pi--- me off. Once someone crosses the line,I'm done,and the line was crossed.

Offline craPPeetAStik14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2014, 10:59 AM »
 :tipup:

Offline curtrein

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2014, 12:41 PM »
ECIcer:
I bought the ion in January and I absolutely love it. It's expensive as heck though I know. Cheapest I have seen them is for 450 and that was in January from FishUSA. Once you get one though, you'll wonder how you ever did without one. I know I do! Good luck. Maybe I'll run into you up at Moraine on Sunday. Was thinking about getting a couple more days in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.