Author Topic: vexilar double vision  (Read 596 times)

Offline 2FishinBuddies

• Team IceShanty Regular
vexilar double vision
« on: Feb 24, 2014, 12:20 PM »
Anyone have any input on how good these units are?

Offline EssoxHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Whoa black crappie bam da lam
Re: vexilar double vision
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2014, 12:44 PM »
I've used a FL-18 for 17yrs...saw yer post and checked them out...the one I looked at was a FL-20 w/camera, double vision scout or sumthin.vexilar has it for $1060.wich isn't a real bad price, if yer in the market. For a top of the line camera AND flasher. I have a fish tv, and hardly deploy it cuz of the vexilar. But if I was in the market IDE want it...tight lines
Catch And Release  Pike And Muskie!!!

Offline 2FishinBuddies

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2014, 12:58 PM »
I have the fl-18 and love it. I wanted the one that you add your existing flasher to. I fish a few lakes that hold diffrent fish and it would be nice to see what isnt biting as in species or how they are reacting to bait jigs ect

Offline staggerin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2014, 01:04 PM »
I have an lx-9 marcum. Same idea , but the marcum is a digital flasher. Very handy and fun @)
Look at me I can walk on water

Offline Warren_G

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2014, 01:12 PM »
I just bought one this winter, and it is both my first flasher and first camera. In the couple times I have been out I have found it to be of excellent quality. The camera is not as useful as the flasher is, and I have already learned how valuable the flasher technology is when ice fishing. That said, the image quality of the camera is great. I love the info that it displays on temp, depth and direction. I also really like a 16x9 screen as many of the cheaper ones I looked at had the traditional 4x3 screen shape. The storage bag seems a little clunky at first as it can be difficult to get at the transducer float with gloves on, but I have figured out to get it all ready to go while still in the car, and have the transducer out and slipped into the back pocket on the bag, as well as selecting which beam width. Then I only need to access the front dials and find it easy to use even with bulky mitts.

Offline chriskerr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2014, 06:35 PM »
  I have one also. They are good quality so far haven't had any problems with mine. I don't use the camera as much as I though I would. It is a great tool when you want or need to check for weed lines and other structure. Also like to use mine when fish are showing on the sonar and not biting you can run the cam down and see what and how big they are. I also bought a mini DVR from Aqua Vu and hooked it to the camera. I have and you also could set it up and watch a close by tip up while your jigging with the sonar in an another hole, limited to the 80ft cord is all. did that a couple times last year and couldn't believe how many fish will mouth your minor, spit it and never trip any thing and just swim away. Also with the DVR you can set it to motion detect and only record when something swims by. Have done this several times also when not really using the sonar. Good luck with your purchase.

Offline frozengator

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2014, 11:10 PM »
I have one. Love it, just a little heavy. I like it when I take my boy fishing we use both.
Gator Nation

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.