Author Topic: atv on cascade  (Read 1800 times)

Offline the chief

• Team IceShanty Regular
atv on cascade
« on: Feb 19, 2014, 02:57 PM »
can you get a atv or a utv on  cascade  looking to head up Thursday or some time this weekend ???
Team Spudsickel 2012 1st place rainbow 2016 2nd place perch

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: atv on cascade
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2014, 03:59 PM »
Tackle Tom posted on his FB page on Cascade ice conditions.  Only really indicated walking is getting a whole lot better I commented on his page asking how machines were doing hasn't responded to my comment.  Give Tackle Tom a call he's always been helpful on conditions for machines when I've called him. Here's the number 1-208-382-4367 if you don't have FB.  ;) ;)

Offline the chief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2014, 07:57 PM »
headed up in the morning will let you all know how it is and if atv are ok or we had to walk :-\

Offline 97sx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2014, 08:25 PM »
Thanks Chief!  I know bowhunter68 would appreciate a report on the conditions before the weekend.  Wish I needed the info...unfortunately it looks like I will be sitting at home this weekend.

Offline bowhunter68

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2014, 08:37 PM »
97SX....still cloudy with no clearing in sight???  :wacko: :icefish:
BOWHUNTER68

Offline fishandchips

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2014, 08:39 PM »
I walked out on the south side but I don't think you'd have a problem with an atv.  I'm sure you'll break through the first layer of frozen slush but it was only ankle deep compared to knee deep. 

Offline 97sx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2014, 09:20 PM »
97SX....still cloudy with no clearing in sight???  :wacko: :icefish:

The forecast on the home front is very stormy!  I do not see sunny skies between now and Saturday!

Offline bowhunter68

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2014, 10:45 PM »
Lets hope for blue skies and sunny by next weekend... @)
BOWHUNTER68

Offline Bigfish33

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2014, 04:17 PM »
I would  like a report on conditions for atvs as well... ;D looking to head up Saturday, probably My last trip for the season.

Offline the chief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2014, 08:40 PM »
Kuna farmer and myself where at sugar loaf this morning windy and snowing we got his utv artic cat out just broke thru the crust getting on but it weights 1300 lbs. . had no problem on the ice if we ran on new and not old tracks. we fish for 2 hr. and got two and had some bites . we did some looking on the west side we drove all the way around stop at poison creek it was not good at all .about 8 to 12 " of slush .we had 2 to 3" of slush at sugar loaf. did not  break thru it once we got on .had a few spots we did but all in all atv should due ok . it was snowing pretty good when we when back to sugar loaf just headed back to home . good luck to all

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2014, 09:58 AM »
thanks for the report chief

Offline the chief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 21, 2014, 11:45 AM »
any time looking to head back on sunday

Offline FishingSpud

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 21, 2014, 04:49 PM »
Thanks for the continued reports Chief! I'm going to drag my dad back up to Cascade either Saturday or Sunday so I hope I can find some fish for us and the conditions aren't terrible.

Offline Perch Freak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 21, 2014, 08:11 PM »
Just got home from Cascade. Took snowmobiles west of the island. Didn't break thru once. There is a layer of ice, then the slush pocket, then the main body of ice. There is about an inch or so of snow on top for traction.
Fishing was ok. The ground blizzard from the wind was the biggest hindrance. Ice holes would drift over in less then 10 minutes. We had to build little snow forts around each hole. Hopefully it will be less windy tomorrow.

Offline FishingSpud

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 21, 2014, 08:21 PM »
Just got home from Cascade. Took snowmobiles west of the island. Didn't break thru once. There is a layer of ice, then the slush pocket, then the main body of ice. There is about an inch or so of snow on top for traction.
Fishing was ok. The ground blizzard from the wind was the biggest hindrance. Ice holes would drift over in less then 10 minutes. We had to build little snow forts around each hole. Hopefully it will be less windy tomorrow.

Whoa, that wind sounds like a real treat. I hope the weather is better for you tomorrow...I think I'm going to head up Sunday. Good luck to you...

Offline the chief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 21, 2014, 08:30 PM »
thanks' to all who have added info about the lake .looking to head up sunday weather is to be the best day .

Offline stjoemitch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 23, 2014, 08:28 PM »
How thick is the slush pocket after the first inch of snow on top near Sugarloaf?  ATV's out and about over the weekend?

Offline the chief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 23, 2014, 08:45 PM »
out sugar loaf had no problem get on the ice did break thru any crust  the slush is about 2 to 3 " what we found today road was in great shape bear when we left this afternoon. fishing was ok brought home 10 nice ones and 1 trout. looking to may go again on Tuesday

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.