New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake George perchin' thread  (Read 158377 times)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lake George perchin' thread
« Reply #1020 on: Mar 16, 2015, 08:58 AM »
I was in Harris Bay on Saturday. Had some holes where they wouldn't bite but 30 feet away would come up 5' to hit as I dropped bait down. I vowed not to keep anything under 11". I threw back about 100 by noon and brought home 2 dozen between 11 and 14".
I was out there with the pile of screaming kids Saturday.
I opened up 2 old holes for each of my 2 kids and made rounds chit chatting while they made a pile of 6" fish on me.
That's what I get for not paying attention.  :P My knife skills were put to the test and they dragged the sleds all the way back proud as heck.
I shouldn't complain, but my sights are set elsewhere for some nicer fish next weekend. 
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1021 on: Mar 16, 2015, 09:14 AM »
Sunday will be my day to take a ride up!

Offline krazykid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1022 on: Mar 16, 2015, 09:26 AM »
im new to LG, if you dont mind me asking where do ya get on the ice in Harris?  I google earth'd it and it looks like a billion docks and private property, i dont see any roads leading to it or anything.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1023 on: Mar 16, 2015, 09:36 AM »
im new to LG, if you dont mind me asking where do ya get on the ice in Harris?  I google earth'd it and it looks like a billion docks and private property, i dont see any roads leading to it or anything.
Park on 9L at the end of the bay and walk at least 1/2 mile out.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline krazykid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1024 on: Mar 16, 2015, 10:07 AM »
cool thanks ill look again on google!

Offline krazykid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1025 on: Mar 16, 2015, 10:11 AM »
like to the left of the marina?  then boogy past the happy family islands?

Offline butch76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1026 on: Mar 16, 2015, 10:13 AM »
How is the access at Dunham's Bay holding up, going up Thursday and was just wondering if there is any open water near the bridge?  I would probably avoid going under the bridge but just want to make sure it still looks good there, otherwise might head somewhere else.  Thanks.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #1027 on: Mar 16, 2015, 10:50 AM »
How is the access at Dunham's Bay holding up, going up Thursday and was just wondering if there is any open water near the bridge?  I would probably avoid going under the bridge but just want to make sure it still looks good there, otherwise might head somewhere else.  Thanks.

I was by there a few weeks ago, and at that point the bubblers had made it pretty ugly around the bridge.

Offline butch76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1028 on: Mar 16, 2015, 11:22 AM »
Thanks, maybe we'll check and if it looks ok try to get over the guardrail there, otherwise head somewhere else.  If there are any other updates I'd appreciate it.

Offline tonebea

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1029 on: Mar 16, 2015, 12:00 PM »
like to the left of the marina?  then boogy past the happy family islands?

Exactly. I've been having good luck about a mile and a half out.

Offline Eagle Ed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [img]http://i58tinypic.com/2n/c5jc.png[/img]
« Reply #1030 on: Mar 16, 2015, 06:23 PM »
Great location and well worth the walk to avoid a lot of company.

Eagle Ed

Offline Barebow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always fishing for something!
« Reply #1031 on: Mar 16, 2015, 08:29 PM »
Out Saturday met Tank for the first time, spoke a while with perchslyr, got a meal of 10 inchers.  Went back Sunday one hole shorts next hole non biters.  Finally got on a set of holes caught a meal, grandson got a measured 12.5 incher that was fat....His best perch to date, the dang wind blew 30 mph, we could barely stand, he got cold quickly and we left by 3pm....Great seeing perslyr and Tank....tight lines all'y'all....Barebow

Offline captin bill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1032 on: Mar 17, 2015, 06:24 AM »
Access under the bridge is open water last fri & not worth any fish to me since i almost bought it there 2 years ago. People still fishin Dunams going over the rail, lots of ice need creepers. @)

Offline krazjon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1033 on: Mar 17, 2015, 06:34 AM »
Out on harris. No issues getting out at all with atv.  NOTHING biting tho. Been on the ice about an hr.  3 spots in.  20-30 ft depths. 
Jon Arnold

Offline butch76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1034 on: Mar 17, 2015, 06:36 AM »
Thanks Bill, I'll probably try Dunhams Thursday then and will definitely be going over the rail.

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1035 on: Mar 17, 2015, 07:15 AM »
ever get any lakers on your camera. heading down there tommorrow for lakers hows the ice
Yes but not this year. Ice is fine.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1036 on: Mar 17, 2015, 07:24 AM »
Thought you perch guys might enjoy a few pics I took today of my Aqua-Vu. 

I'm not a spokesman for the company or anything but if you ever had the urge to buy an Aqua-Vu now would be the time. Cabela's has them marked down pretty good.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/search.cmd?form_state=searchForm&N=0&fsch=true&Ntk=AllProducts&Ntt=aqua-vu&x=0&y=0&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1037 on: Mar 17, 2015, 07:52 AM »
I'm not a spokesman for the company or anything but if you ever had the urge to buy an Aqua-Vu now would be the time. Cabela's has them marked down pretty good.how much Did u pay for the camera

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/search.cmd?form_state=searchForm&N=0&fsch=true&Ntk=AllProducts&Ntt=aqua-vu&x=0&y=0&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1038 on: Mar 17, 2015, 08:07 AM »
I'm not a spokesman for the company or anything but if you ever had the urge to buy an Aqua-Vu now would be the time. Cabela's has them marked down pretty good.

hey mike 304 which model do you have thank you

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1039 on: Mar 17, 2015, 08:11 AM »
I have the AV Micro ll.

Offline Icefox3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1040 on: Mar 17, 2015, 05:05 PM »
Was a windy one out there today. Blew my fishin buddies flip over right over with him on it… i look over and he's sitting sideways in the ice haha. Anyways managed some nice big ole perchys   Happy St Patricks Day!!!!!!!

Offline hot4trout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1041 on: Mar 17, 2015, 08:25 PM »
New guy here! Been fishing Brant Lake the past few years, but haven't been doing well this year so I decided to venture down to LG. Fished Harris Bay 3 of the last 4 weekends (I have a buddy that lets me park so it works well) and done decently well. Lots of 6-8" fish, kept maybe 15-20 in the 8-11" range each time out, enough for dinner so I can't complain. Caught a couple jumbos here and there but no really spectacular days yet and I'm not too proud to ask for pointers. I've been fishing along Assembly point, 15-20 FOW, maybe 3/4 mile out from 9L (I'm walking on from the point so it's hard to gauge). Been reading through the posts and it sounds like I need to venture out farther into deeper water, but any tips on how to find bigger fish (FOW, types of structure/weeds to look for, jig depth, etc.) would be greatly appreciated. Planning on heading out again this weekend, thanks in advance and tight lines!

-H4T

Offline tonebea

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1042 on: Mar 18, 2015, 06:55 AM »
New guy here! Been fishing Brant Lake the past few years, but haven't been doing well this year so I decided to venture down to LG. Fished Harris Bay 3 of the last 4 weekends (I have a buddy that lets me park so it works well) and done decently well. Lots of 6-8" fish, kept maybe 15-20 in the 8-11" range each time out, enough for dinner so I can't complain. Caught a couple jumbos here and there but no really spectacular days yet and I'm not too proud to ask for pointers. I've been fishing along Assembly point, 15-20 FOW, maybe 3/4 mile out from 9L (I'm walking on from the point so it's hard to gauge). Been reading through the posts and it sounds like I need to venture out farther into deeper water, but any tips on how to find bigger fish (FOW, types of structure/weeds to look for, jig depth, etc.) would be greatly appreciated. Planning on heading out again this weekend, thanks in advance and tight lines!

-H4T

H4T, I've been consistently doing well in over weed beds in 30-45 fow.

Offline krazjon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1043 on: Mar 18, 2015, 07:51 AM »
Huddle is done.

Vets is good tho. Went out on atv.
Jon Arnold

Offline BOCHASER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1044 on: Mar 18, 2015, 03:20 PM »
Can you still access @ Bixby??? Thanks!!!

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1045 on: Mar 18, 2015, 03:25 PM »
Can you still access @ Bixby??? Thanks!!!

As of Monday there were a couple guys out, there's one low spot to cross the ridge.  If I do it I'll be using a plank for safety.
I love clipboard man

Offline BOCHASER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1046 on: Mar 18, 2015, 03:32 PM »
Thank you for the feedback. Have not been able to get out this winter but am gonna play hooky and give it a go tomorrow.

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1047 on: Mar 18, 2015, 05:09 PM »
No problem, I'd say bring an 8 foot plank just to be safe, unless you're ok with Vets as a backup. 
I love clipboard man

Offline krazjon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1048 on: Mar 18, 2015, 05:15 PM »
Cotton point should still be solid as well.  Was unreal windy today! ! Holy hell!  Biting a LOT better than yesterday.  Easily caught 100 perch, but all dirty dinks. Back to work tomorrow :(
Jon Arnold

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1049 on: Mar 18, 2015, 06:24 PM »
Cotton point should still be solid as well.  Was unreal windy today! ! Holy hell!  Biting a LOT better than yesterday.  Easily caught 100 perch, but all dirty dinks. Back to work tomorrow :(

This year the number of small perch is ridiculous. I have never caught so many tiny perch in my life.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.