Author Topic: The weather through Monday.  (Read 594 times)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
The weather through Monday.
« on: Feb 12, 2014, 09:04 AM »
It ain’t good news folks.   >:(

I just got through looking at the NWS forecast for the Utah Zone and read through all the different areas of the state.  The highs are ranging from the high 30s into the 60s.  The lows are mostly 30s for everywhere except the High Uintas and the Bear River Valley (Randolph) where it might get down into the high 20s.  Rain, rain, and more rain except the two listed above with a chance of rain mixed in for Randolph.

Travel by machine is not going to happen unless it’s with an air boat.  There is a report on another site that shows the reporter stuck his track driven quad multiple times in the vicious slush monster on Soldier Creek yesterday and posted pictures to show it.  It was ugly to say the least.  He also reported up to 16 inches of water under a foot of new snow which would make walking all but impossible for even the youngest and toughest of the hard deck clan, let alone a 71 year young cripple like me.

I think it’s time to start prepping for the soft deck season and thinking about Powell in March instead of in April.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: The weather through Monday.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2014, 03:42 PM »
nooooooo not yet  :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.