The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: 29 volt LI Ion Icegator  (Read 5290 times)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
29 volt LI Ion Icegator
« on: Feb 12, 2014, 07:48 AM »
2 weekends now with my new 29 volt Li Ion Icegator!   I am impressed.  lighter for sure  and buttons changed to a lever style.  makes it very convenient for drilling with thick gloves on   it is also faster than my old one too!     In the past 2 weeks have drilled over 60 holes thru 22"  of ice  8" laser hand auger attached  and the voltage is only down to 26.5 volts!  How Low will it go   we shall see! as I haven't charged it yet. 

My youngest wants to run it too!   not yet  Im protective of it!

I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Quacker Whacker 2

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 29 volt LI Ion Icegator
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2014, 07:52 AM »
Hey Maine...how much was that unit.  I'm impressed.  QW2

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2014, 09:37 AM »
good chunk of change but worth it!

Offline chumster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2014, 09:42 AM »
How big a chunk you talkin?

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2014, 09:57 AM »

Offline chumster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2014, 10:10 AM »
Where's the auger and what size is the blade, 7 or 8"?

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2014, 10:19 AM »
Ice Gater is out of Business according to the BBB.
<===Lefty===

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2014, 11:41 AM »
Ice Gater is out of Business according to the BBB.

Yup, closed up shop.. Explains why people who need support for them cant get any..

http://www.bbb.org/toledo/business-reviews/tools-cutting/icegator-in-edgerton-oh-90082562
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2014, 10:22 PM »
They defiantly are not closed lol  even today I ordered a spare set of batteries (lead acid) to have with me in case..   The prepper in me.  Already got the tracking # today. So they sure are not closed!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2014, 07:30 AM »
They defiantly are not closed lol  even today I ordered a spare set of batteries (lead acid) to have with me in case..   The prepper in me.  Already got the tracking # today. So they sure are not closed!
Your the first person who has contacted them in a long time. I guess if you are buying and not wanting something fixed it works for them.
<===Lefty===

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2014, 07:39 AM »

They may wanna clear things up with the BBB then.. That report cant be good for business.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2014, 07:51 AM »
Your the first person who has contacted them in a long time. I guess if you are buying and not wanting something fixed it works for them.

Strange that arguably the biggest "pusher" of the product on here managed to get through with one phone call. Wonder if he maybe called already and they recognized his number?  ::)
EYECONICFISHING

Offline fishnnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2014, 04:49 PM »

There are a couple people on this site trying real hard to make people think they are out of business....Not sure why really. Maybe a personal issue.. If they had an icegator doubtful they would be knocking it...I recently just got one and think it's great but have to agree the company should be available for customers no doubt. Maybe the owner is having some health issues who knows. It seems to be a small family business so maybe they have a valid reason for being away. People are really quick to judge somebody when they maybe should look in the mirror...Hope it turns out ok for them. As far as the BBB they had 2 complaints in a year... Wow people I was in retail for almost 30 years and I can tell you that that is pretty good. There are people that could get their auger in the mail and it would be 24k gold plated and they would b***h it was not good enough. Might be a couple of those on here....  ;D

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
« Reply #13 on: Feb 13, 2014, 06:23 PM »
From the posted link to the BBB.
Icegator is not BBB Accredited.

Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.

- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/toledo/business-reviews/tools-cutting/icegator-in-edgerton-oh-90082562#sthash.MBxxyIII.dpuf

Sorry.  But it doesn't say that Icegator is out of business.  It says that they are not BBB accredited.  BFD.  A lot of businesses aren't.  They've chosen not to. 

<{{{{°>
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Feb 13, 2014, 06:50 PM »
From the posted link to the BBB.
Sorry.  But it doesn't say that Icegator is out of business.  It says that they are not BBB accredited.  BFD.  A lot of businesses aren't.  They've chosen not to. 

<{{{{°>

It says, right there on that page, "According to information in BBB files, this company is no longer in business. If you have an unresolved dispute with this company you may wish to seek legal advice. - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/toledo/business-reviews/tools-cutting/icegator-in-edgerton-oh-90082562#sthash.MBxxyIII.M5rm9RPR.dpuf"
EYECONICFISHING

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Feb 13, 2014, 07:38 PM »
Just click on the Alert!
<===Lefty===

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 13, 2014, 08:44 PM »
Yup, closed up shop.. Explains why people who need support for them cant get any..

http://www.bbb.org/toledo/business-reviews/tools-cutting/icegator-in-edgerton-oh-90082562
Had an issue with mine called left a message the very next morning I received a return phone call and the issue was taken care of.....so you have no idea what you are talking about!!  :cookoo: :cookoo:

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Feb 14, 2014, 10:01 AM »
Had an issue with mine called left a message the very next morning I received a return phone call and the issue was taken care of.....so you have no idea what you are talking about!!  :cookoo: :cookoo:

Did you click my link? Have you read the countless reports of people not being able to get in touch with them?

THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU SAYS THEY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS..

Since clicking is clearly to difficult.. Please follow the arrows...

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Feb 14, 2014, 10:34 AM »
again they are not out of business  Heck they are not even from ohio! or michigan  Im placing my review of this auger on total use of the product  and service Ive needed.  when I go out and people are around  they want to see and try this  powerhead   I wanted a spare set of batteries (mostly the case that they are attaching them to the head)  get batteries anywhere actually)  as I always have a back up to the backup with me   No such luck in downsizing my trips (heck even carry 3 sets of blades)  I ordered via the website on the 12th of feb  and were shipped the 12th  tracking via ups says they are in Indy as the last place  and will be here mondayand I dare say might have been quicker but some on the east coast cant handle a little bit of snow.  Oh and got an email thanking me for the order too    so they are not out of business  and thats pretty fantastic turn around and service right there! IMO

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Feb 14, 2014, 10:39 AM »
again they are not out of business 

And again - They may wanna clear things up with the BBB then.. That report is not good for business.

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 14, 2014, 12:36 PM »
again they are not out of business  Heck they are not even from ohio! or michigan  Im placing my review of this auger on total use of the product  and service Ive needed.  when I go out and people are around  they want to see and try this  powerhead   I wanted a spare set of batteries (mostly the case that they are attaching them to the head)  get batteries anywhere actually)  as I always have a back up to the backup with me   No such luck in downsizing my trips (heck even carry 3 sets of blades)  I ordered via the website on the 12th of feb  and were shipped the 12th  tracking via ups says they are in Indy as the last place  and will be here mondayand I dare say might have been quicker but some on the east coast cant handle a little bit of snow.  Oh and got an email thanking me for the order too    so they are not out of business  and thats pretty fantastic turn around and service right there! IMO
Hazzy you must be the best and almost only customer. they give you service and others get s--- on.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Feb 14, 2014, 03:05 PM »
Heck they are not even from ohio! or michigan 
Hmm,
Icegator Innovations LLC
4566 county Road 19
Pettisville Ohio 43553 <--------------
Phone (419) 542-8888
Fax (419) 445-0985
<===Lefty===

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Feb 14, 2014, 04:17 PM »
Hmm,
Icegator Innovations LLC
4566 county Road 19
Pettisville Ohio 43553 <--------------
Phone (419) 542-8888
Fax (419) 445-0985

Hahaha yup... http://icegator.com/contact_us.html

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:05 PM »
Did you click my link? Have you read the countless reports of people not being able to get in touch with them?

THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU SAYS THEY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS..

Since clicking is clearly to difficult.. Please follow the arrows...

(Image removed from quote.)
I don't give a *hit what the BBB says....I'm just stating my experience with Ice Gator...I called, he answered and took care of my problem clearly NOT out of business. It is always better to keep your mouth shut and not come across as an idiot as to open it and remove all doubt. change your name from Bait Bucket to Bucket mouth. click this and follow these arrows, I'm done with your crap. 

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #24 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:09 PM »
Somebody is mad.

I would be too if I had to drill with an icegator.  ;D ;D

Just kidding, don't pop a blood vessel.
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:14 PM »
Somebody is mad.

I would be too if I had to drill with an icegator.  ;D ;D

Just kidding, don't pop a blood vessel.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :clap: :clap:

Offline Stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just a kid until the end.
« Reply #26 on: Feb 14, 2014, 06:41 PM »
Last week I had an issue with a switch lever.  One call and Greg Pepple, the owner, called me back and shipped me out a new switch assembly.  I have been nothing but happy with Greg's customer service.  He has been straight up with me.  Maybe everything you read on the internet isn't always true.  Go figure.  I see a man trying to do the right thing to help his customers out. The icegator is incredible. 

After using mine in Maine drilling through 30 inches of ice a friend tried using his gas auger and thought something was wrong with his auger because it cuts so slowly compared to the Icegator.  He told me he is spoiled after using mine.  If mine is available he uses it.  We bring the gas auger as a back up. 

The Gator is like a high speed snow cone machine.  It piles up shavings at lightning speed with not effort.  I watched a guy almost climbing up on top of his gas auger trying to get through the 30 inches.  With the Icagator you press the switch lever and sit back for the ride.  The instant torgue curve literally pulls itself through the ice.   

It is possible for any machine, gas or electric, to have issues, all I care about is the customer service that follows.  Greg Pepple has guided me through my issues and supported my needs promptly.  Can't ask for more than that.  My dog gives Icagator two thumbs up and he doesn't even have thumbs.  As part of my Winter Olympic celebration I give it a 10. 
Member of the GODs, the Grumpy Old Dudes, "We're off our rockers."

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 14, 2014, 07:30 PM »
Wow. This pissing match of augers is getting old guys. Finbore vs. Nils, Gator vs. Ion. YAWN. Enjoy whatcha got. I'm down to a 5" lazer that I borrowed from a buddy...
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Feb 14, 2014, 08:14 PM »
Ok here's the deal.....you decide. I was in Belgrade Maine pike fishing Great Pond with some friends. I noticed that my Gator was not cutting like it did in the past, it is 4 years old. Upon returning from Maine I called Greg Pepples owner of Icegator and explained my situation, he wanted to check out my Gator and requested that I ship it back to him and I did. I shipped my Gator back on Tuesday and he received it on Thursday. I received a call from Greg tonight at 6:30 and he told me that one on the lithium batteries was not holding a charge and he replaced it. He also thanked me for taking such good care of the Gator and told me he upgraded my handles to grooved finger handles and thought I would like them a lot better. I should expect my Gator by Wed it will be shipped out on Monday......NO CHARGE. Now you tell me is that what should be expected from a company that gives lousy customer services and out of business....give me a freakin break!! He who laughs last laughs best, Greg Pepples and Icegator are #1 in my book a quality company that stands behind their product and very much in business....put that in your "bucket" and smoke it !!

HAPPY DRILLING

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Feb 15, 2014, 06:20 AM »
It does look like others are getting service.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.