Author Topic: Where have all the outdoor writers gone?  (Read 5688 times)

Offline scottly0

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chicken Little
Re: Where have all the outdoor writers gone?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 04, 2006, 06:47 PM »
I  really think some of the writers make up some of their stories or at least part of their stories, no offense to anyone who took the time to contribute and share their interesting occurrence with the magazines.  Some folk seem to always have a tale of a superb fish, perfect weather and the one that never got away--every single month or every single month.  i have become a fan of in-fisherman tackle articles, a little technical but the diagrams help.  I also have re-started reading fur-fish-game.  I like the Lou and Charlie stories, at least this magazine discloses which tales are fictional and which are not.

Offline Jig Master

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 04, 2006, 07:11 PM »
While at work today I glanced through the paper and low and behold Dave sherwood came through as mentioned. A very nice article i must say, loved the part where he got the misses to come along with him in the wind and snow it was nice to see that he mentioned how serious ice fishing is to get people out in the sub zero temps. Any ways it was a good read and a nice start to what i hope will be more articles about those of us who fish the hard water

Jig Master :thumbsup:

Offline Loves To Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 05, 2006, 06:39 PM »
What are the chances it will happen 2 weeks in a row. ;D
                                                                         LTF

Offline Loves To Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 05, 2006, 07:20 PM »
Hey Gator,
              I like your saying on the bottom of your posts. Why can't we have more than 10% pike waters in this state. The way people are spreading them around, pike might just become the number one fish in Maine, beating out brook trout and even salmon.
                                                        LTF

Offline Phoenix

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 08, 2006, 06:55 AM »
LTF
  Legal opportunity always reduces or eliminates unlawful activity and we have many examples in our society to prove that idea. 
"teh Gator"

??? Well course if ya take something that was illegal and make it legal it reduces the unlawful activity, it ain't illegal anymore. Jeesh, sounds like somethin' a politician might say ;D

Offline Russellman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 08, 2006, 01:46 PM »
mainegator - enough of the snivelling Mallard-bashing already.  Let it go dude.  Why haven't you shown us your affiliations ?  I hadn't noticed the "fine print", until it was pointed out.  Rest assured, the folks on the KRO website aren't pounding the icefishermen.  Some of the folks on that site are indeed icefishermen too.  For those of you who are wondering what the heck I'm talking about, the reference to 10% trophy pike lakes is an unveiled jab at Bob Mallard's closing to his forum posts of 10% Catch and Release waters - is it too much to ask ?

Lots of people don't agree with Bob's ideas and/or methods, but the guy has been front and center in challenging status quo with the DIF&W.  His presentation on their own (DIF&W) data on Uncompromised (non-stocked) ponds had them take notice that Maine anglers do care about OUR resources and how they are managed.  I've known him for about a year and a half and will vouch that he does care about the resource.  The fact that he owns a fly shop is related to his advocacy, but he'd still fish his brains out and fight for the resource even if he was a car salesman or a paper mill worker.  I think that our arguments on remote ponds, stocking, and regulations reform have made me think carefully about the way I use the resources, and their sustainability.  They also would make both he and I say that I'm not a Mallard minion, so don't head down that path.

I'm not a lawyer, but you may be getting closer to libel here than I'd be comfortable with.  Billditrite, what are your rules when the thread starts to get personal ? 
Time for the moderator to take action here ! 

Russellman
DDAS & TU member
Flyfisherman, icefisherman (with bait) & mackerel slinger
Russellman

Offline Ice Time

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 08, 2006, 06:42 PM »
Well said Phoenix

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.