Author Topic: Fishing hurts  (Read 2662 times)

Offline jyoung

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Put em back their not yours!!!!!
Fishing hurts
« on: Dec 18, 2005, 01:39 PM »
I'm totally convinced that these people need to be locked up away from children.

http://www.fishinghurts.com/pdfs/DaddyKillsAnimals.pdf

Imagine reaching for an apple on a tree and having your hand suddenly impaled by a metal hook that drags you—the whole weight of your body pulling on that one hand—out of the air and into an atmosphere in which you cannot breathe. This is what fish experience when they are hooked for “sport.”

Many people grow up fishing without ever considering the terror and suffering that fish endure when they’re impaled by a hook and pulled out of the water. Recreational anglers rarely stop to contemplate that fish are complex and intelligent individuals. In fact, if anglers treated cats, dogs, cows, or pigs the way they treat fish, they would be thrown in prison on charges of cruelty to animals.

Why not let fish enjoy the beautiful day, too, by leaving your fishing gear at home? Click here for more ways to help fish.

This is the best line;
Recreational anglers rarely stop to contemplate that fish are complex and intelligent individuals.

Fish are now complex and intelligent individuals.
These people are insane!!!!
Today's Tip; Shut up and fish you big baby!!!
newjerseyhunter.com  sux

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Fishing hurts
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2005, 03:27 PM »
very insane with gory imaginations!

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2005, 08:34 PM »
P.E.T.A = PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS HAHAAHA SWIM AWAY WITH BLOODY WOUNDS!! HAHAH WEN THAT HAPPENS WE EAT THEM!!! I HATE PETA WITH A PASSION!! CAN THEY EXPLAIN THE MEAT RIPPING TEETH WE HAVE HMM. I WONDER IF THOSE ARE FOR RIPPIN OF PIECES OF CABBAGE! I THINK NOT!!

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2005, 08:55 PM »
and those people care more about the animals and fish then they do human beings i went on there site and they want u to donate ot them! hahaha y dont u donate to the poor people here who cant even offord to buy food before u use the money to make advertising!! well thats just my two cents!!!  :tipup:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2005, 10:21 PM »
I'm not for killing anything for no reason, but that picture on that link is one of the dumbest things I may have ever seen, and I have never heard of one person who guts a fish and doesn't take it home to eat. Maybe they need some research for that advertising of theirs.

"That's how you do it...That is how you ice fish!" MM

Offline iceman_4432

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2005, 07:29 AM »
That has to be the most stupid picture i have ever seen.  These people of PETA are true wack jobs. 

Offline jyoung

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Put em back their not yours!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2005, 11:31 AM »
Fish are people too!!!
**censored** is wrong with them!!
You have to check out the website that this crap is from.

www.fishinghurts.com

Just read some of this stuff.
And they let these people breed.
Freakin looney birds
Today's Tip; Shut up and fish you big baby!!!
newjerseyhunter.com  sux

Offline minnesotaboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2005, 11:54 AM »
These are the same tree huggers that promote abortion. I realize that every one has different beliefs about this. However, it does not make sense to disregard human life (abortion) but side w/ a crappie, but that is there mentality, WHACKED!

Offline RJP

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2005, 12:08 PM »
These are the same tree huggers that promote abortion. I realize that every one has different beliefs about this. However, it does not make sense to disregard human life (abortion) but side w/ a crappie, but that is there mentality, WHACKED!

Excellent point!!!!

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2005, 12:12 PM »
This is my favorite part:

Until your daddy learns that it’s not “fun” to kill,
keep your doggies and kitties away from him.
He’s so hooked on killing defenseless animals
that they could be next!

Offline Pomoxis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lawyers make the best chum.
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2005, 08:47 PM »
I guess they would argue that "all Eskimos should have starved to death or any other people who ate a lot of meat, like their (PETA) ancestors, or any other predator, like lions or bass, should starve....
On the other hand, extremism is obviously wrong, in either direction. Tree huggers are a good example. There is no fisherman who would be happy in a world without trees. There is nobody who could survive in such a world. Yet, there is a certian part of the human race who would harvest every tree in the world if they could profit from it. Then we would wind up like the inhabitants of Easter Island, gone. I am a tree hugger by popular standards. I love trees and I take political action to prevent their wanton destruction. Same for game and other natural items. Yet I love to work wood, I want to live in a wood house and I don't feel bad about doing it. When the day comes that there are no trees left for me to work or live in, I will be pissed.
The same logic applies to fish or deer or mink or squirrels. When there is a plethora of something, I will harvest them without hesitation. When there is a scarcity of something, we should hold back. It makes you think that maybe current game management standards are really the right way to go. Wanton killing is wrong. So is radical, unnatural starvation or malnutrition. I dream of the day when I can go to my backyard and harvest a couple of big, delicious wild Brook Trout, like the way we used to do 300 years ago, until we virtually wiped them out.
It is that middle line that everyone better adhere to, or become an unnaturally herbivorous "radical nut" or just die of starvation while waiting in line at the Shop Rite.
The more I fish, the more I  to fish, but the only  I need is BEER.

MikeThePike

« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2005, 02:23 PM »
My only question is how can PETA top themselves this time?

They spend millions doing "research" to prove that practicing C&R "causes extreme mental anguish" to fish and therefore makes them commit suicide after release, yet can't help out their fellow man who is starving (most likely due to the fact that eating anything other than approved plants is wrong).

Hurting a cat, dog, fish, or any animal is more important an issue to them then the millions of homeless people in the US alone, nevermind around the world.

PETA is truely the scum of the earth.

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2005, 02:26 PM »
exactly wat i said!!!!!!!!!!  those people have no sense of direction " lets help fish so they dont commit suicide" while thousands of teens a year commit suicide y not help them and not the fish that " are goin to kill themselves after they are released" crazy stuff its like he can i borrow ur fin i want to cut my self aghhhh freaky people!!  :tipup:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline Bukshot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2005, 03:48 PM »
PETA is the epitome of the liberal mind at work.  Anything written by them or listed on their ludicrous websites only futher proves this.  Extremism at it's worst.  I once worked with a 'lady' who gave substantial amounts of money to PETA and at the same time would come to work with leather handbags, eat a burger for lunch, etc.  Complete lunacy.  Their writings are akin to a Communist Manifesto.  Geez, how do people get so f****d up?

MikeThePike

« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2005, 05:50 PM »
Geez, how do people get so f****d up?

Because there daddy never took them fishing as a kid!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.