Author Topic: Camofish's Ice Adventures (3/10/06-Camo on the ice - bottom of p.15)  (Read 34212 times)

billybono

thats the biggest shiner ive ever seen :) awesome!!!

billybono

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Love to see the little lads in action ;D Looked like a fun day at the playground :P ;)

-Andrew
Andrew

camo_fish

Camo looks like your kid had a blast at the "Playground". 

that is the biggest shiner (we call them fallfish in Pa) i have ever seen through the ice.
yes, I do believe that it is one of the largest fallfish I've seen too. It put up a pretty good fight too.  ;D

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
Bet that fallfish put up a hell of a fight...good cut bait for the whiskered creatures that swim those waters. ;) Jr. can really get'em good, uh. ;D  Nice job 8)

camo_fish

Re: Camofish's Ice Adventures (2/15/06 Camo JR. videos) - p.12
« Reply #154 on: Feb 15, 2006, 10:09 PM »
Here is the link to my videos from the evening of fishing.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=33556.msg345426#msg345426

Check out the last one  :clap: so happy for Jr. getting his 1st fish on a jig pole.  :thumbsup:

Offline Fish-trap

• IceShanty Rookie
Nice videos Camo. That's pretty awesome that you have those moments like that on tape. Nice fish too

Offline jo-jos_jigs

• Team IceShanty Regular
Gotta love when the kids are killin the fish! I had my son and daughter out a few week-ends ago and they caught their first fish on the water. My daughter got so excited she was was running from our hole to the shanty where her mother and brother were fishing and back.By the time she got back to the hole she had everyones attention! Then everyone started inching a lil closer! I could hear Crappiedaddie laughing inside his shanty. I loved it! Who needs a Vex when you can just get my daughter out there fishing! She'll tell ya where they are. Sorry for clogging the Camo, with my story...........

camo_fish

great story jo-jo, maybe next year we can get something together for a kids day on the ice or something.
Going to need a few stiff drinks for the parents and place with loads of fish.  ;D

bonkfan14

once again great story camq ;D.. i dont have any small kids that live home anymore but if you have an outing next year ill be there to help out... ;)2..zeke

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
great story jo-jo, maybe next year we can get something together for a kids day on the ice or something.
Going to need a few stiff drinks for the parents and place with loads of fish.  ;D
sounds like a great idea Camo!!  maybe with 'awards' for all kids attending.

Offline jo-jos_jigs

• Team IceShanty Regular
I think the kids would like that. Both the big and little ones!

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Your kid is going to be hooked on icefishing the rest of his life. :D great picts.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

camo_fish

sounds like a great idea Camo!!  maybe with 'awards' for all kids attending.
That would be great and I've got the paper awards already.  ;D 1/2 the work is done.
Sounds like a plan, I'll try and work on one for next year, this year's ice is weird and I don't  :-\ have the time this year. But, when we get back here in Dec., I'll get some polls going and try and track down a location.  8)
Fish On!

Offline jo-jos_jigs

• Team IceShanty Regular
I love seeing the kids have so much fun, it takes you back in time for a minute to when you were a kid don't it?, it is so important to get the kids out, 1- its tradition and 2- its so good for the family. I cant wait for next ice season, we met so many really good people already, here's to new friends   :thumbsup:, it would be so cool to have a tourney for the kids next season. Its great we actually got out this year, and now we are set for next season. I will definitely donate boxes of jig's to all the kids if we have a tourney, that would be a good time for everyone. Great pictures Camo, good job Camo jr. :thumbsup:
Jo-Jo

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thats what it is all about Jo Jo...

Again, great report Camofish and Camo JR. 
Andrew

Offline dwaytkus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If she loves you, she will clean them!
Great jigstick video Wayne.  He was just a cranking away to get that perch up. :D

camo_fish

Got away for some R&R up at the inlaws camp that is on the water up on Sacandaga Lake up in Speculator.
We were up in God's country from Tuesday evening - Sunday afternoon. We started out Wens. afternoon getting out on the ice as a family and ended up with this nice little chain pickerel.  ;D

And I ended up jigging up some nice perch, while Mom and Camo Jr. took off for a little snowmobile ride, checking out the trails for later that night.  ;)

Noticed that the perch were dark, there fins were blackish, must be the stained water that they live in.

Then on Thursday, Mom and Jr. took a late nap and I took off on the snowmobile, hooked up my sled and fished for the last few hours of daylight.  ;) Here is my ride.  8)

I got right back into the school of perch that I found and marked with my gps.  ;) Then I caught one of these weird little fishies. SMELT  :o

1st smelt ever catch.  ;D It went right on a tipup and set right under the ice.  ;)
I ended up catching a nice perch on that smelt, but lost it at the hole, only had the head in it's mouth and no hooks in the lip.  :P
Well, I ended up catching a few dozen or so of these ADK smelt.

They were all over the water column, I would drop my jigs into the water and the flasher would just come alive with marks all over.
Smelt (freshwater piranha), they even have teeth on there tongue.  :-\ Weird little fish.
They were fun to catch and pass the time.
But, now in search of some fishies that eat smelt for dinner.  ;)
Till next time on the hardwater.

Tight lines and Fish On!

Offline synergyboy10

• Team IceShanty Regular
tasty little fish
sometime you just have to think like a fish.

camo_fish

tasty little fish
that is what I hear.  ::)  :P just haven't given'em a try yet.  :-X

Offline dwaytkus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If she loves you, she will clean them!
Great vacation pics Wayne.  Always good to just get away and even better when you get to do some fishing doing it.

Offline Sax_

• Team IceShanty Regular
Cool trip , great to see the whole family out there . This whole week of fishing has been slow , looks like you did pretty good  :clap:WTG
Sax

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice Vacation pics w/ the family :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
Wah that looks like fun...little camo is already a fishin machine

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
Nice pics, looks like a great time! The smelt are really good to eat, the one's you got are pretty good size to.

Robb :tipup:

camo_fish

The smelt are really good to eat, the one's you got are pretty good size to.
yes they were,  ;D I was having a hard time getting a smaller size one to put on my tipup, when I needed to rebait.  ;) They were of good size, never even seen one before, and it was cool to see the sonar lit up with tons of the little buggers.  :)

PIKEGUY

Looks like an awesome Vacation with the family Camo! ;)

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
I'm real surprised that JR doesn't have some fine camoflage clothing.   :D

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Great picts. I love the scenery shot with the snowmobile.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
The kid is really taking to fishing, uh? ;D Did you eat those smelt?  how were they?  I hear they taste alot better then they fight ;) :D

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
Awesome Pics Camo, Looks like it was a great weekend for a Family getaway.. :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.