Author Topic: 2014 TEAM NH Get-Together  (Read 11997 times)

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
Re: 2014 TEAM NH Get-Together
« Reply #30 on: Feb 02, 2014, 06:40 PM »
I hope to get there early and often

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 07, 2014, 07:48 PM »
I am a long time shanty member moving back to my home state of NH in time for the get together, Will I be able to get my team NH membership card there :)

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 07, 2014, 11:22 PM »
I am a long time shanty member moving back to my home state of NH in time for the get together, Will I be able to get my team NH membership card there :)

We would be happy to meet you. No card necessary. Any member of the Ice Shanty that fishes NH is Welcome to attend.

Offline mosred

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bucktails
« Reply #33 on: Feb 11, 2014, 11:34 AM »
I'll be there again Keith.  Always a great time with fellow Shanty Members!!
Gone fishin, be back at dark-thirty!

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 21, 2014, 08:22 AM »
Going up to AJ'S and a couple other tackle shops tomorrow to pick up a bunch of raffle items.

Hope to see alot of You at the Get Together next weekend.  It should be a good time.  ;)

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 22, 2014, 09:20 PM »
Took a ride to a few of my local tackle shops today to pick up some raffle items.

A Big Thanks to AJ's, Wildlife and Merrimac Bait for the discounts on some Awesome gear!

Here's an updated list of raffle items up for grabs next weekend at the Team NH Get Together.  Just a reminder there will also be a BBQ lunch and 50/50 raffle as well.

~ 8" Nils Hand Auger
~ Shappell FX50 Portable Shack
~ Jiffy Mille Lacs Chisel
~ $50 AJ's Gift Certificate
~ $25 AJ's Gift Certificate
~ Ice Shanty Gear (Sweat Shirts/Hats etc)
~ "Newfound Special" Hooded Sweatshirt
~ 2 Heritage Laker Tips Ups
~ 28" Eagle Claw Cold Smoke Inline rod/reel combo
~ 36" Eagle Claw Graphite (medium action) rod/reel combo
~ Several of AJ's top choice Buck tail Jigs
~ PK Lures
~ Other misc items and Team NH gear!

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #36 on: Feb 23, 2014, 01:03 AM »
another spectacular effort put foward keith your a great guy and moderator..the board community should be greatful.thanks buddy!!! ;)

Offline FishEnticer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Feb 23, 2014, 07:11 PM »
X2 Keith!    ;) Very appreciated.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #38 on: Feb 23, 2014, 07:59 PM »
Awesome NHTF!!

What you do for the IS Get Together is second to none. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated.

We're lucky to have you on the NH site.

Thanks Keith.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #39 on: Feb 24, 2014, 07:06 AM »
Great job, again, Keith. You certainly put in the effort, above and beyond in my humble opinion. Thanks for all you do. Hope to make it over for the gathering.

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 24, 2014, 09:07 AM »
That is awesome Keith, you always put a great show together i hope you all have fun and have some good fishing
I Chase Toothy Critters!!!!

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #41 on: Feb 24, 2014, 11:04 AM »
Thanks Keith for all you do on here and with the IS Get Together. Also big thanks to all the sponsors for the generosity.
IceMidget and I will be up again this year.

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2014 TEAM NH Get-Together This Saturday! 3/1
« Reply #42 on: Feb 24, 2014, 11:41 AM »
No Problem Guys & Thank You!

I'm hoping for a good turn out and hopefully good weather?  ;)

Offline justatrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Feb 24, 2014, 02:56 PM »
Great job Keith you are a great moderator and a great person to all of us thanks man :bow:

Offline beerhog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Feb 24, 2014, 05:04 PM »
Sounds great will be there any way nhtf you sound like a really stand up guy can't wait to meet you how much to enter raffle and to eat looking forward to it

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 24, 2014, 06:17 PM »
Sounds great will be there any way nhtf you sound like a really stand up guy can't wait to meet you how much to enter raffle and to eat looking forward to it

Good Question Beer Hog.

I started doing this event a few years ago as a way for everyone to meet each other and enjoy themselves fishing etc.

Every one who shows up gets a free raffle ticket and BBQ lunch.
Additional raffle tickets can be purchased to increase your odds in the raffle. There are several prizes available (over 20 now I believe) and we have some good ones this year.

We also have a 50/50 raffle for any one interested and usually get a pretty good payout.

Initially I pay for the food and prizes out of my own pocket. Fortunately I have a decent relationship with a few tackle shops. I explained to them about our event and they were generous enough to give us a great discount on gear and even some donations.  Any money collected for the raffle gets used to buy the next year's food and prizes. There is no profit to be made.

We have a great group of people here and my goal/hope is that we have a good turn out and everyone has a great time.

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #46 on: Feb 24, 2014, 08:51 PM »
good job  keith....looking forward to it.....bobhouse is wayy across lake, but may move it closer friday...weather looks good to..
lets party circus style !
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Feb 25, 2014, 08:49 AM »
keith
I say this every year but kudos to you for putting this together. not only do you organize, get prizes. you also sacrifice your precious fishing time for us so that everyone enjoys themselves.

I will try my best to make it. I have never fished this lake and I will most likely be coming up solo so if any one wants to take a newfound circus wannabe newbie under there wing or point me in the right direction I would be most apprieciated.

Offline beerhog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Feb 25, 2014, 12:27 PM »
so I am guessing donations glad to se more attention come to newfound very beautiful lake I fish it all year long some day better than others. really great group of people see u sat. tippen sorry to hear u were sick

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Feb 25, 2014, 02:22 PM »

Sounds like an awesome time - thank you for putting it together. I cleared my calendar to make this one, hopefully the best laid plans work out and I do just that.  Only been on this lake twice during open water and neither time fished it much - so this will be a first for me through the ice. Hoping to get the radio working and tuned into the Circus - looking forward to that as well.
Coming up from the south early - was hoping there would be smelt to purchase on the way as there is rarely any down here - but given what I am reading about the supply - guess I'll just go with shiners - unless someone has a better suggestion.

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Feb 25, 2014, 05:37 PM »
As always Keith, nice job putting this together. I will try to make the trip down from the great white north!!!!

Chief

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #51 on: Feb 25, 2014, 06:19 PM »
I hope to meet some fellow shanty folks on Saturday!!
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Feb 25, 2014, 06:40 PM »
The slush has froze out there. Should be a great time.  Look like you have done a hell of job this year Keith !!!!
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Feb 26, 2014, 06:43 AM »
Great job once again Keith. You are spoiling us. Hope to be there early to help set up and get some fishing in before the festivities start. If you think of anything that you need post it and I'm sure the team will help out.

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Feb 26, 2014, 08:19 AM »
Great job once again Keith. You are spoiling us. Hope to be there early to help set up and get some fishing in before the festivities start. If you think of anything that you need post it and I'm sure the team will help out.

Thanks Denny.

If anyone happens to have an extra fold up table or awning that would be great! I have a couple I will be bringing but and extra one wouldn't hurt.

The Only other issue is the bathroom situation.  The one at the park is locked during the winter months so please plan accordingly. There are a few stores/gas stations nearby other wise.

ALSO this almost goes without saying But I will mention it anyway...

Please be respectful of the park/lake and keep things clean. I will have a couple trash barrels there so Please be sure to use them and pick up after yourselves.

Really looking forward to seeing many of You! It's a Great way to meet other members and compare fishing/hunting stories/tactics. As well as a free BBQ and some great raffle prizes. Hope to see you there!

Offline Fishsavage

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The phrase "Last cast" means "Not leaving"
« Reply #55 on: Feb 26, 2014, 12:39 PM »
Coming up from the south early - was hoping there would be smelt to purchase on the way as there is rarely any down here - but given what I am reading about the supply - guess I'll just go with shiners - unless someone has a better suggestion.

If your jiggin, its worth buying one sucker to tip either a bucktail or some sort of spoon with a single hook.  Fillet that bad boy (even a tipup sucker would probably give you 4 or 5 pieces).  Even throw a tipup sucker on your tipup and drop down to the bottom - its a lakers treat  ;D 

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Feb 26, 2014, 04:59 PM »
Thank you Keith for all your hard work & generosity! It's very much appreciated! Looking forward to Sat. ;)

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Feb 26, 2014, 05:52 PM »
I almost have the ol' man convinced to come with me again. I swore to him that no planes would try to land on us lol.

I'm glad you're coming up, James! You were on tv, I need an autograph!  ;)
It'll be good to see ya.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #58 on: Feb 26, 2014, 08:05 PM »
Looking forward to getting up there and catching some the fish that keep eluding the circus ;D
Thanks for all you do Keith it will be awesome as usual
Pirk
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Feb 27, 2014, 11:21 AM »
If your jiggin, its worth buying one sucker to tip either a bucktail or some sort of spoon with a single hook.  Fillet that bad boy (even a tipup sucker would probably give you 4 or 5 pieces).  Even throw a tipup sucker on your tipup and drop down to the bottom - its a lakers treat  ;D

Thanks for the tip Fishsavage...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.