The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2014 license  (Read 4868 times)

Offline IceRebel

• Team IceShanty Regular
2014 license
« on: Dec 29, 2013, 09:17 PM »
Hey y'all, Don't forget to get your 2014 fishin license. Went today and got mine ;D

Offline PAgerman90

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2014 license
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2013, 09:31 PM »
Great reminder IceRebel!  I got mine the other day as well!  It always makes a great gift! ;D
FISH ON!!!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2013, 09:42 PM »
That's on my to do list for tomorrow.

Offline unklechuckles19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2013, 08:05 AM »
I picked mine up the other day.  I stopped by the bait shop to pick up some new line for the reels and realized I needed to grab it. 

Offline Freytown

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2013, 08:44 AM »
Well, I'm done buying a PA fishing license....last year I bought a Senior Resident Lifetime license. :-)

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2013, 08:57 AM »
Congratulations on reaching that point.

Offline anglure

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2013, 09:05 AM »
Good heads up IceRebel ! Gonna print up a few new 2014s myself......nice to be able to make free duplicates on the ole inter web computer.

Offline doski

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2013, 09:06 AM »
Print them from online; then you can print several.  I keep one on the pontoon one in wallet and one in ice gear.  Ya never know when you might come across a fish.

Offline jrry261

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2013, 12:08 PM »
Nobody fell into that 2017 license crap? Thanks for the reminder I need to stop by the store before I get ahead of myself!
Take me fishin!

Offline GUBoots

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2013, 12:51 PM »
Nobody fell into that 2017 license crap? Thanks for the reminder I need to stop by the store before I get ahead of myself!

2017 license crap?

Offline jrry261

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2013, 12:56 PM »
2017 license crap?

Yeah the 5 year license.
Take me fishin!

Offline GUBoots

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2013, 01:46 PM »
hmmm, what is wrong with the longer license? all I can think of would be easy to lose and have to pay for the replacement...

Offline Baitrix

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2013, 05:45 PM »
thanks for the reminder

Offline beerduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • beer and fish nut
« Reply #13 on: Dec 30, 2013, 06:05 PM »
yea who knows how much they will go up  but I get mine for Christmas every year its like beer its a must

Offline PAgerman90

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 30, 2013, 06:29 PM »
yea who knows how much they will go up  but I get mine for Christmas every year its like beer its a must

haha beerduck "it's like beer, it's a must" lol  yeah I was wondering about those multiple year licenses.  Seems to be an okay idea just wonder how the sales for them are doing... 
FISH ON!!!

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #15 on: Dec 30, 2013, 10:10 PM »
I looked at those extended license and you really do not save much with the chance of losing the license.  I would have thought they would make it a better price to get people to buy them.

Offline jrry261

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:22 AM »
The downside I see to the extended license is this. The fish and boat comm. is going to receive the money for the extended license sales right now and they are going to spend it right now. In the future they are going to have a set "expected" budget to look forward to and the money from the extended sales is already going to be spent and won't come in for 4 more years. They will have less yearly income then their usual amount due to this. I'm sure they have thought about this but I'm just hoping they don't raise the prices of the yearly license to make up for this yearly difference.
Take me fishin!

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:30 AM »
Maybe if they offered a lifetime license I would buy it.....

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline GUBoots

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:34 AM »
Makes sense Jrry, I hadn't thought about that at all. Agree, they need to have some sort of calculation in place to account for that. As a programmer, it would not be that hard...when a multiple year license is sold, partition the money and add it to a different account or budget for each year covered.

Offline jarhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 31, 2013, 08:00 AM »
all in all a fishing license is a bargain,something I do many many times a year.I don't care what it costs.Sure beats spending a couple hundred dollars for 3 hours sitting at a steeler,eagle game!!!!!! Whatever floats your boat. I just wish they would do more with the monies.Also get rid of that stupid rule about wearing your license on outer garment!!! One of the few states that still do that!!!!

Offline ksobilo

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 31, 2013, 11:05 AM »

PA licenses are overpriced and the idea of paying separately to fish for trout and to fish lake erie rubs me the wrong way...

A NY resident fishing license is $29 compared to $42.10 here in PA,  and if you are a hunter you will combine it into a package with your hunting license... A big game, small game, and fishing license combined is just $47 for a NY state resident compared to about $62.80 here in PA... The disparity is even greater because the NY licenses actually include more things where PA nickel and dimes you more...

Also, NY offers lifetime license options which PA tries to stay away from mostly...

Offline deer george

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 31, 2013, 02:57 PM »
My son always buys my fishing license for me at Christmas, this yr I am 65 yrs old and he is going to buy me a life time license pretty nice of him.  Well you can buy a new license 30 days before Jan 1st. so he went to get it for me so to have it at Christmas. They are not allowed to sell that license until the first of the yr?  I don t get it Whats the difference you can t use it until the first anyway, I guess it s just me I don t get it. And why do I have to poke a HOLE in to days expensive clothing with a license holder, then have to take the thing  out and hand it to them ANYWAY? Again I guess it s just  me

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
« Reply #22 on: Dec 31, 2013, 03:18 PM »
I agree George....and why is it that hunting License do not have to be displayed any more but fishing license do?? same state same government..just different offices I guess.

Offline bigvfb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 31, 2013, 05:06 PM »
a couple of years ago it was around December 27th I got my next year license and didn't think about it but I threw the old one away.
well that weekend I went fishing and the fish com guy stopped and asked to see my license.
I had the next year license but threw the current year license away. I told the officer what I had done.
he was very nice about it and didn't ticket me ( thank you so much )
I will be more carefull in the future :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #24 on: Dec 31, 2013, 05:40 PM »
a couple of years ago it was around December 27th I got my next year license and didn't think about it but I threw the old one away.
well that weekend I went fishing and the fish com guy stopped and asked to see my license.
I had the next year license but threw the current year license away. I told the officer what I had done.
he was very nice about it and didn't ticket me ( thank you so much )
I will be more carefull in the future :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

On the other hand I think it is Illegal to carry more then one license year in your holder.

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline wallhanger77

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • its all about the fishing
« Reply #25 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:31 PM »
I agree George....and why is it that hunting License do not have to be displayed any more but fishing license do?? same state same government..just different offices I guess.
yeah wild i do believe we are the only state that has separate agencies for hunting and fishing and the worst part is the hunting side has more money than they know what to do with and the fish commission is going broke thats why they dont stock trout like they used to and the fees keep going up but the fish comm has you place your license so its visible so they dont have to disturb you while you are fishing but the game comm usually wants to check your tags so you need to make sure they dont get lost anymore thats why they changed the rule of displaying your hunting license i think or i might be wrong
If you want me to listen to you talk about fishing      I am a member of PETA     people eating tastey animals

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #26 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:38 PM »

In NY it's the opposite.... except for Upstate NY you have to have your backtag displayed but you don't need your backtag displayed while fishing. Also by selling lifetime license the state is actually losing money that is why PA probably does not do that

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline kyle31490

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 31, 2013, 08:01 PM »
Gotta admit, I guess I'm a rebel.

I keep my license in my wallet year round. I fish waaay to much all year long to try to keep track of it. I travel for work and often times have extra time between meetings so I'm the guy that always finds a trout stream and is fishing during weekdays in a suit and dress shoes haha. I have not had any warden hassle me too much bout it. Its either keep it in the wallet or forget it 73 times a year...
FLAG!

Offline Artjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 31, 2013, 11:40 PM »
Well spent the last 20+ years living all over the world/country in military. I still wonder why the HLL I moved back here?? (Got Transferred) It is expensive to hunt & fish here in PA and they act like you are lucky they let you do anything. (I also wish I had a company printing NO Trespassing signs) I really liked the mid-west KS/MO. I once had a MO chief game warden refer to PA wardens as "Jack booted thugs". No joke. I owned 200 acres in MO and everyone in the family could shoot 5 deer and 4 turkeys each with NO Lic at all. Plus of course small game.  But to be honest I do believe they are much closer to our founding fathers idea sout there than the East has become. JMO. Wish I could move back ASAP. ;D ;D And will!! Oh and Taxes on 200 acres and newer ranch home?? 500 dollars annually. YEP 500
Take your kids hunting and fishing and you won't have to hunt for your kids.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Jan 01, 2014, 02:15 AM »
Yeah the price of a fishing license isn't cheap but at least you can use it 365 days unlike a hunting license.  They also stock trout in multiple places in each county unlike the Game Commission who only stock pheasants in one place or two places at best in the northeastern counties with a very rare exception.  There's another difference between Pa and NY when it comes to hunting, NY didn't have Gary ALT and slaughter thousands of deer which really cut down on the number of deer.  Hunting in PA is a joke anymore but if you listen to those clowns and their tv puppet Don JACOBS on Pa Outdoor Life they say it's the best it's ever been.  BS, I've been hunting for 30 years and NEVER EVER saw so few deer as I have this past year, every year is worse than that last.  You don't have to be a genius to realize something is wrong when you hunt an area which is all farm lands for miles and only hear 6, yes 6 shots all day long including far off shots on the first day.  Don't worry they'll make it better by adding another season to kill even more deer. The Fish and Game Commissions want more and more money but don't give much back for it.   Sorry for the rant but this really burns me up. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.