The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Any ice in Faribault area?  (Read 1619 times)

Offline transplantfromMN

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SKOL VIKINGS!!!
Any ice in Faribault area?
« on: Dec 07, 2005, 08:35 AM »
I am coming home for christmas this year and was debating on trying to hit the ice when I get home. Either French Lake or somewhere else around Faribault. Any info on ice conditions or fishing conditions would be great as I havn't fished at home since 1998. Thanks guys.
Ice fishing is Gods gift to winter...

Offline TJ Bauer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIVE LIFE, FISH, BE SAFE, HAVE FUN
Re: Any ice in Faribault area?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2005, 05:44 PM »
I am from faribault and every lake has ice on it but I have not been out yet but for sure by christmas there will be enough ice but i had heard that there was people out on cedar but did not hear if they caught anything I am planning on getting out this weekend but that depends on how much ice is there.

Offline transplantfromMN

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SKOL VIKINGS!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2005, 06:05 PM »
Thanks TJ please keep me posted so I know what to pack up and bring with me. Being I am coming from Maine I have to pack light. Hopefully I can get out since we are still iceless.

Offline transplantfromMN

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SKOL VIKINGS!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2005, 08:54 PM »
I am from faribault and every lake has ice on it but I have not been out yet but for sure by christmas there will be enough ice but i had heard that there was people out on cedar but did not hear if they caught anything I am planning on getting out this weekend but that depends on how much ice is there.
TJ you wouldnt happen to be up for a trip out sometime between next thursday and christmas would ya?

Offline TJ Bauer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2005, 04:31 PM »
that dont sound like a bad idea i should be able to. I work nights but I am ussually free during the morning hours from when I get out of bed until 11 am then I got to meet my wife for lunch then go to work.

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2005, 04:36 PM »
Any of you guys fish for white bass in any of the lakes down there?  I've heard alot about them and have always wanted to give it a try, but I don't wanna travel all the way down there to fish a lake I've never been to for a fish I've never attempted to catch.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and if you'd like to join up in a trip, I'll buy bait and beer!

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline TJ Bauer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2005, 05:10 PM »
I have never caught one in the winter the only time I ever cacth them is early in the spring and when i am trying to cacth walleyes on fish opener. Sorry I cant help.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.