The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fishing Around Lake Thompson  (Read 2382 times)

wally

Fishing Around Lake Thompson
« on: Dec 06, 2005, 06:56 PM »
Anyone do any ice fishing around Lake Thompson yet?

Brock Wallen

Offline majormaj

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • They just call me Major.
Re: Fishing Around Lake Thompson
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2005, 10:01 AM »
I have heard that there are some people fishing up there on the north side of Thompson, Whitewood, and Lake Preston.  I guess the ice is about 6" or so.  check out this for current reports:
http://www.southdakotafishing.com/wwwboard/index1.html
I live in Vermillion so I don't get up there as much as I would like, hopefully next weekend.

Offline Berke99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2005, 07:56 PM »
I fished there last Sunday just south of the state boat ramp about 200yds. The ice there was 2.25in. thick. Caught 1-17in. walleye. Then we move to about 400yds west of the old boat ramp and the ice there was 5in. thick. But we did not catch anything there.

Offline Berke99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2005, 05:52 AM »
Fished Thompson Friday to Sunday morning. Very slow and very little action. Quite a few people out on the north end. I did catch 4 keepers and a couple of dinks. Put in a lot of time for just a few fish!  Where I fished I measured 7in. of ice. It did not seem like good hard ice though. There was a lot of slushy spots on top of the ice and when you drilled your holes there seem to be slush under some of the ice holes also.

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2005, 08:51 AM »
Good to hear ya got some fish Berke, even though ya had to work for them - sometimes that's the fun of it though  ;D.  How many people were out on Thompson do ya think?

Offline Berke99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2005, 04:49 PM »
One time I counted 18 vehicles at the old boat ramp. Seem to be quite a few shacks on the lake, but I never counted them.

Offline majormaj

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • They just call me Major.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2005, 07:16 PM »
This warm weather won't be too good for questionable ice.  Hope it warms up for this next weekend.  I plan on heading up to that area if it stays cold enough.  Thanks for the report.

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2005, 02:09 PM »
Yeah, this weather is not helping anything! >:(
-Richard

Not enough ice or time... not necessarily in that order.

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2005, 08:02 PM »
Nope it's not... but at least the overnight temps are still cold enough for ice and we do have some colder weather coming up starting tomorrow!  The lakes up North shouldn't be hurting too bad by the warmth though... IMO...

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2005, 02:06 AM »
My lake is about central, andthe ice is always iffy enough that 99% of people who know the lake will not drive on 16"!! It's hurting from the water around the edges blowing across the surface ??? ??? >:( The upcoming forcast should help it catch back up though! ;D ;D :tipup:
-Richard

Not enough ice or time... not necessarily in that order.

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2005, 08:40 AM »
My lake is about central, andthe ice is always iffy enough that 99% of people who know the lake will not drive on 16"!! It's hurting from the water around the edges blowing across the surface ??? ??? >:( The upcoming forcast should help it catch back up though! ;D ;D :tipup:

What lake do you own?   ;D  I wish I was powerful and wealthy enough to have my own private lake!!!  :clap: :thumbsup: :roflmao: :thumbsup: :roflmao:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.