Author Topic: frabill speed shak cub  (Read 5462 times)

Offline jepik

• Team IceShanty Regular
frabill speed shak cub
« on: Dec 05, 2005, 06:58 PM »
speed shak cub......does anybody have any opinoins....what do you like about it?  what dont you like about it? what do you hate about it?....how is it in the wind?...any trouble with it setting it up or down, by yourself? does anybody know any other suit case tent that set up to this size 6ft.by4ft.by6ft.and folds down to 4ft.by32ins.by9ins.... thank you....weight73lbs.

Offline cusker

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: frabill speed shak cub
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2006, 04:27 AM »
I love mine.  Had it for four years now, and I've never had a problem (well, since I got Ice screws for anchors).  I can set it up easily by myself too.  I do wish it was a little bigger.  Fantastic when I'm alone,,,plenty of room, but when I go with my buddy,,it's a little tight.
                          Good luck!

Offline buckman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2006, 04:10 PM »
I have had one for a few years. Very well made. Plenty of height, many shanty's are not as tall. Black color self heats on a sunny day. windows are still clear. The sled tends to plow in snow., spray bottom with silicon and seal seams with tent seam seal. I am very happy with mine, have not seen one l would rather have. ;)

Offline copper31

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2006, 07:28 AM »
I have an older cub and it is rather heavy if pulling by hand but other then that it is great.  I laid some carpet in mine and the dog and I love it.  It also holds heat very well.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2006, 01:56 PM »
Jepik:

I've had my Cub for 2 years now.  Very durable, easy to set up alone and stands up to the tough weather very well except for real heavy rain in which case there are some small leaks but it sure beats getting soaked.  To deal with the bulkiness of the Cub in transport, I bought 2 pieces of 3/4" square aluminum tubing, cut them just slightly wider than the width of the folded Cub and fastened them across the top of my jet sled with wing nuts, sort of like a car top row boat carrier.  On the ends of the aluminum tubes I fastened bolt-on eye bolts.  The jet sled holds all my crap and then I put the Cub on the aluminum "Car Rack" and hold it down with two bungees hooked to the eye bolts.  I still can fasten other things to the top of the Cub as well (i.e. Auger, folding chairs, etc.) under the two bungees and still easily tow everything.  Gets a bit tougher with deep snow but that's what your fishing buddy is there for to help you pull it!  Of course, you can be lazy like me and simply hook on the tow bar to the jet sled and use your ATV.  On bare ice, my 7 year old son can pull the whole load himself.  All in all, I think the Cub is a great product.

Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.