Author Topic: Lakewood Ice Packs  (Read 1799 times)

Offline wildbrookies

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lakewood Ice Packs
« on: Dec 05, 2005, 12:02 PM »

Hey, any of you guys familiar with the Lakewood Ice Pack? ???

Was thinking of picking one up instead of trying to use my old pack basket another year, thats losing its wooden bottom....I could me out there in the middle of the lake and the bottom lets go and all my gear is spread out on the ice with no way of getting it off the ice...... :o

Thanks

Wb.

Offline HOLE_POKER

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lakewood Ice Packs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2005, 06:09 PM »
I have a lakewood ice pack.  I love it.  My buddy has an old p.o.s. wooden basket and I laugh at him year after year.  Duct tape?  The lakwood has done me good for 9 years and it is still going strong.  I put a ton of stuff in it and even sit on it jigging.  It's the one and only ice pack I've owned so I can't compare it to anything.  I think you'll like it.

Offline wildbrookies

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lakewood Ice Packs
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2005, 10:39 AM »

Thanks Hole Poker.....

I think I`ll look into buying one.....I guess I could hang my wooden pack basket in the garage for a talk-piece.....

One more question.....are the straps that come with the Lakewood sturdy and padded somewhat?....we like to carry all our gear on our backs and snowshoe or hoof out to the middle of large lakes,so the carry is lengthy....

Thanks for your input Hole Poker!!!....I guess not too many people carry their gear out anymore...alot of them have snowmachines I take it....

Tightlines,

Wildbrookies ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.