Author Topic: Lake Erie  (Read 19998 times)

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lake Erie
« Reply #30 on: Nov 16, 2006, 05:54 AM »
Well guys, I heard the Farmers Almanac said it was supposed to be colder this year.
Meteorologist Blizzard Bill in Toledo said its going to be a El Nino Pacific current this year
and will be above normal again. I say GO FARMERS ALMINAC!!
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline pole_smoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!!!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 20, 2007, 12:05 AM »
Well, way past December 4th, Got my deer. Now I am bumming aroung the house, waiting for the Ice. What is everyones opinion, on any chance of getting any Lake Erie Ice Fishing in. The forecast is cold for the next week, but I do believe it is a too little, too late. We shall see. I am gonna be pissed if I have to go two years with the ice stuff in the garage. Lets see what everyone else thinks. The lake was still warm when I checked. Anyone know what it is at now.

Offline bladebait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep Your Line Wet And Your Noodles Warm!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 20, 2007, 08:18 AM »
I think were gonna be left gazing at the open water on the big lake --reflecting back of two years ago when the ice was good with a good bite but the fish were small.And we said to ourselves ...wait until a year or two from now cause were gonna hammer em'.Well here it is and all those lunkers are out there schooling up,hungry as can be,waiting for that first jigging spoon or Vibe to drop towards the bottom so it could be "INHALED" and the fight begins to the surface of our hole awaiting the gaff.Oh,I got carried away... wishful thinking... because Mother Nature is screwing us ice fisherman in this part of the country royally!!! :'( :'(
Some men fish real hard but only "real men" fish hardwater!

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 20, 2007, 10:39 AM »
I hate to say it but I think we are screwed this year as far as getting out on Erie.  The last I heard a week or so ago the water temps were in the upper 30's.  I hope this 1st cool down will drop the temps then a BIG polar express will come down and at least lock in Brest Bay in Monroe for a couple weeks.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Offline backagainbaha

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #34 on: Jan 21, 2007, 07:20 AM »
I was at a local restaurant last night and I was speaking to my buddy regarding ice fishing the big pond this year. A man next to our booth informed me that he spoke with Pat Chrysler the day before and Pat is hoping to be out by next weekend. I and my buddy laughed but in the back of booth our minds we hoped we was right!!!

Maybe Pat was referring to his Airboat?

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 22, 2007, 07:56 AM »
Don't even get me started on Pat Chrystler.  Our running joke is "what would Pat do"???
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Offline pole_smoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:23 PM »
I can tell you one thing. I live on the bay and the bay has a very thin coat of ice about to a mile out. Then where there is open flow from the Johnsons Island bridge to the Edison Bridge it is wide open. I know that triangle near the SBI is land locked but cant se it being safe next week. What is the story on Pat Chrysler, backagainbaha?????

Offline wojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 24, 2007, 05:28 AM »
I know my stories about Pat -------- Have not fish with him in years. But his thing used to be stick you in a shanty and leave you there- Did get him to move them for us one  weekend.   ON the other hand he has a personality that you can not dislike !!!  He is a blast to talk to !!!!!  I knew him when him * Barb where still together !!!  Last time I saw him was a few years back. Most of you know that I have fished with either J. Massie or Brad That few years on Erie.  Does look like anything this year !!!!  Have to hit Skeeter after Simcoe this weekend !

Offline backagainbaha

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #38 on: Jan 25, 2007, 06:01 AM »
The reason on why we had laughed was because we both feel that it would take a miracle to get on Lake Erie Ice this year.

I have heard stories about Pat, but I have never fished with him. When I use a service around the island I fish with Bud Gehring

Offline pole_smoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 25, 2007, 11:20 AM »
I know of Bud Gehring. I fish with a friend from the island, but sent several other people to Bud Gehring. They did not like fishing with him at all. They said they threw them in a shanty and never checked on them all day. One thing I can tell you is that these folks live on an island all year. The rumor mill is crazy, it is like a cocnut telegraph. Every tries to drum up their own business, by dogging others. I have never fished with either guide, because it is super expensive to do so. But I know what goes down. So if you have found a guide you like stick with them, that is if we ever get ice. I am going to be calling my buddy in a day or two, and report back to what they are reporting, and what the islanders think will happen. I think I know, but I will be back in touch.
PS

Offline Ice Crazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 04, 2007, 01:18 PM »
Whats happing? Can someone give me some info on lake Erie and the islands is it freezing from the main land any info appreciated 8)

Offline Ice Crazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 04, 2007, 01:21 PM »
I just saw the report! DA!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.