Author Topic: 2014 Online Tournament comments, questions or suggestions  (Read 12809 times)

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
Re: 2014 Online Tournament comments, questions or suggestions
« Reply #60 on: Jan 24, 2014, 11:45 AM »

Calling me a goof because in your head you dont like my pictures?   :o   -thats not very nice!

I sure hope that your pix are going to be "perfect" cuz all ive seen so far is you knocking other peoples and negative comments. So how about you contribute some positive stuff cuz i have not seen you post EVEN ONE PICTURE ALL SEASON LONG!!

And no im not going to give you GPS coordinates, 360 degree photos, exact spots, depths, lures i was using.    Sorry..     ::)

Hmmmm,  wow Iam,  I must have hit a nerve with you.    I didnt know the name "goof" was going to set you off like that.    Some people are sensitive I guess. :roflmao:

As for your comment about not contibuting and not posting pictures yet.................   ITS BECAUSE I HAVENT FISHED YET !!!!!!!!!   

Wow,   I must really threaten you in your standings, I can see why....   I have destroyed you in the past in this tourney,  so I can see why you have a bit of a complex about it.....  ;D   Wondering what fish I have already got... and does it knock out your fish out of contention,   You cant wait to see some of my fish to see where you stand in this competition.    I now understand how you will stress over stuff like that.   However,   you accuse me of being negative when all I was doing was looking out for "the team"     You see Team BC needs to win it all this year and I was only pointing out elementry photo taking skills that  DONT MEET THE RULES OF THE TOURNAMENT, and for the sake of team BC  I wouldnt want those fish  punted from the competition.    ;)   

Oh... and for the record, you took my comment wrong,   I didnt call you a GOOF because I didnt like the pictures of the fish you posted in the competition, I called you a goof because of the picture you posed in the BC page of me in the photoshopped picture.   the same picture as above.     ::)

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #61 on: Jan 24, 2014, 10:00 PM »
Ahhh..   You better get out fishin cuz looking forward to yer big fish pix again this year.   :)
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #62 on: Jan 28, 2014, 08:34 PM »
Nice pike you guys. If I can find one of those Sat., be worth $2000  @)

Not sure how I missed ya yesterday Matt, all set now.  ;)

Offline bayonne

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Largemouth Bass
« Reply #63 on: Feb 04, 2014, 04:53 PM »
think im being short changed by a good in or more but it is what it is

Offline WhiteSquall

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Re: Largemouth Bass
« Reply #64 on: Feb 05, 2014, 01:08 PM »

Rule #7) a) The length is "as the fish lays" - not by squeezing the tail. The entry is measured from the furthest point to
     the rear (tail) and front (lip). No open jaw .. if open measured from shortest point at head.(usually upper lip)

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Largemouth Bass
« Reply #65 on: Feb 05, 2014, 06:40 PM »
I gave ya 20 1/2", which is still pushing it. The tail don't start at the beginning of the tape and as Whitesquall posted:
The entry is measured from the furthest point to the rear (tail) and front (lip). No open jaw .. if open measured from shortest point at head.(usually upper lip)
I have been trying to be as fair as possible with this. In your case, if the mouth of your fish was closed, it would be at the 21" mark at best, minus the 1/2" for the tail, = 20 1/2"
I try to give as much leway as I can, while still being fair.

Offline Icer 16

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Feb 05, 2014, 09:26 PM »
Give Tim a break guys :). I am sure it as to be quite stressful running a ice derby for 1000 plus entrants and it is run for 8 weeks. Just cut him some slack guys. I f you want a longer fish length then go fishing some more and catch on otherwise take what he measures it at.

Offline Bill Dance

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
« Reply #67 on: Feb 05, 2014, 09:50 PM »
Give Tim a break guys :). I am sure it as to be quite stressful running a ice derby for 1000 plus entrants and it is run for 8 weeks. Just cut him some slack guys. I f you want a longer fish length then go fishing some more and catch on otherwise take what he measures it at.

Especially when the tournament is free to enter and the people that run it is all volunteered time.  ??? I'm pretty sure nobody has their arms twisted to enter.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #68 on: Feb 08, 2014, 09:29 AM »
Another suggestion. A topic where you can move all of the disqualified entries so guys can check it to make sure theirs made it in the running. Would also give a visual of what to avoid for the new guys.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #69 on: Feb 08, 2014, 10:42 AM »
Another suggestion. A topic where you can move all of the disqualified entries so guys can check it to make sure theirs made it in the running. Would also give a visual of what to avoid for the new guys.
Good idea, will do it for next year.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #70 on: Feb 12, 2014, 03:15 PM »
If I can think of anything else that will be more work for you, I'll be sure to let you know.  ;D ;D
EYECONICFISHING

Offline mattpaul

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Northern Pike
« Reply #71 on: Feb 12, 2014, 11:03 PM »
Is my entry still good where did the picture of the tape go
Monster Stalker

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Re: Northern Pike
« Reply #72 on: Feb 13, 2014, 04:33 AM »
Is my entry still good where did the picture of the tape go
I see both pics

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
« Reply #73 on: Feb 13, 2014, 04:38 PM »
Tim not sure if I am missing it somewhere but what are the prizes this year?  Do kids get different things than the adults?
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #74 on: Feb 13, 2014, 05:05 PM »
Tim not sure if I am missing it somewhere but what are the prizes this year?  Do kids get different things than the adults?
I posted the adult prizes a while back http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=261909.0

It's looking like Youth 2nd and 3rd will be Iceshanty gear too, but I'm hoping to get something fishing related for them, so I didn't post anything yet.

Offline mattpaul

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Re: Northern Pike
« Reply #75 on: Feb 13, 2014, 06:43 PM »
ok must be my computer sorry
Monster Stalker

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #76 on: Feb 13, 2014, 10:51 PM »
Hey tiny, if and when i get a Rainbow over 20" (trophy prize eligible) and it don't challenge the leaders do I need to post it in the short board or Rainbow board?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #77 on: Feb 14, 2014, 08:10 AM »
Hey tiny, if and when i get a Rainbow over 20" (trophy prize eligible) and it don't challenge the leaders do I need to post it in the short board or Rainbow board?
Trophy entries can be posted in the species thread, I prefer that so I don't miss it in the short area.

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Feb 14, 2014, 04:12 PM »
I posted the adult prizes a while back http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=261909.0

It's looking like Youth 2nd and 3rd will be Iceshanty gear too, but I'm hoping to get something fishing related for them, so I didn't post anything yet.

A shanty sticker and bumpah sticker should be in all prizes.  Gotta be able to represent the Shanty!
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #79 on: Feb 14, 2014, 10:13 PM »
Trophy entries can be posted in the species thread, I prefer that so I don't miss it in the short area.

10-4, thanks tiny. Hope I'm able to do just that on monday night  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #80 on: Feb 23, 2014, 04:31 AM »
Only 2 days left! Leaderboards + Weekly prizes will be done on Tues after the tourney ends @ 10pm.

Offline PerchPro113

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's Fishing, Not catching.
« Reply #81 on: Feb 25, 2014, 08:30 PM »

very nice idea!

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #82 on: Feb 25, 2014, 08:42 PM »
That will be done next year. :)

Offline PerchPro113

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's Fishing, Not catching.
« Reply #83 on: Feb 25, 2014, 09:37 PM »

That will be done next year. :)
:)

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Feb 26, 2014, 05:24 PM »
Next year all prizes go to kids and maybe adults get a militia membership 1st gets a year 2nd gets 6months and 3rd gets 3months.  Kids are the future of this sport so lets get them amped up for it. Talk to powow and see if he will donate some Indian Hill traps to go to one of the kids.  BEST trap on the market!!

Offline TRAPPER3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Feb 26, 2014, 06:36 PM »
+1 !!!!! GIVE IT TO THE KIDS !!!!
KEEP THEM INTERESTED !!!!

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Feb 28, 2014, 08:52 AM »
Ask each state to sponsor a youth prize or 2 or 3..... every kid entered should receive a prize.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.